Blocker's best!!!

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
http://rugbyleaguelive.com.au/Articles/2401/2008/08/06/Blockers_Blow_Up_and_isnt_it_a_beauty.aspx

Could this be the greatest thing Steve Roach has ever said? Finally, someone with a little celebrity status has spoken the truth!

We've been lambasted with this dribble about the game being in crisis. On last week's Channel Nine 'Footy Show', they even held 'crisis talks' about the state of the code.

Channel Nine - a word of advice. You don't need the ‘Knights of the Round Table’ to gather in front of a camera to tell you what's wrong. I can tell you what's wrong. Every punter with a frontal lobe can tell you what's wrong.

The game is in crisis because you lot keep publically bagging it!

Our fans are hurting. People like you and me, the punters - we're flicking on the tube and getting our daily 6 o'clock television equivalent of a dangerous throw.

We can't put down a paper or turn off the news without having a sour taste in our mouths.

Hammo said:
Could this be the greatest thing Steve Roach has ever said?

I'm fairly certain it is.

These channel 9 idiots are supposed to be fans of the game, but they're killing it all by themselves. Do they think they're helping by highlighting all the problems? Seriously. :roll: You tell people that something is shit often enough and they'll start to believe you. Especially if you've somehow got a reputation as knowledgeable and well-respected like Gould.

I've been laughing at union for the last 5 years because even all the diehard journalists and ex-players (eg FitzSimons) have been lamenting how boring it has become. Now our so-called diehards are doing exactly the same thing.

Not to also mention how much the Ch9 guys talk up the modern day footballers to the point where they think they are bigger than the game, which leads to behaviour such as walking out mid-contract, mis-behaving in public etc.

fatty's favourite saying ' well something's gotta be done'

sh%t load of questions from those lot with no answers.

No the best think that Blocker ever said was "their gone the Queenslanders, NSW have this won" 15 seconds before QLD score a try thats wins them the game. Gotta love Blockers work.

Burg said:
No the best think that Blocker ever said was "their gone the Queenslanders, NSW have this won" 15 seconds before QLD score a try thats wins them the game. Gotta love Blockers work.

LOL game 1, 1998. Menzies scores and they lead by 5... Blocker - "and that's the ball game". 6 mins later Carrol goes over to steal it at the death. He was humiliated in the post-match interviews. Classic stuff.

Flutterby said:
Not to also mention how much the Ch9 guys talk up the modern day footballers to the point where they think they are bigger than the game, which leads to behaviour such as walking out mid-contract, mis-behaving in public etc.

That's the other thing that has fustrated me about these blokes this year. THEY are the ones that brand a player a SUPERSTAR, after he jumps grabs a ball and falls over the line, or dummies and breaks the line.

Most would assume that a player needs to perform reguarly for at least a season to be a "superstar".

P.S. What the hell is a surperstar? I mean, we are talking footy players aren't we? eusa_think

Had to like Fatty when Mundine was on though trying to promote his light fight against yet another bum and Fatty looks seriously at him and asks "Why is it you only fight bums though? They are nobodies." Mundine reply was that he made them look that way when in fact they were good boxers. lol.

SUPERSTAR gets thrown around on Ch9 and Fox. Stupid to call a footy players that. I find when too many wraps go on young players one week they don't seem to play so well after that for awhile.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Culhwch
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • vertigo
  • Santa
  • marw
  • thenry
  • Fitzy
  • MrRobot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Jedhead
  • Galah
... and 80 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.