Boxing day test v India 2014

I think you're overstating the unfairness of this pitch. Fact is on the whole bowling has been poor this Test, the pitch didn't dictate that. Harris got 4/70 he bowled well and he got wickets.

The scores being high doesn't mean the pitch has played a part. Sure it is not a green monster but if you bowl well like Harris you get great figures.

Either team can still win this half way through day four and if you've bowled well you get wickets- that's a good pitch.

Lyon might argue it would be nice if it broke up a bit more which is true but drop in's won't break up like normal pitches.
MJ will never be RH. I've never liked see good bouncers dismissed so distainfully. That's his weapon, he was neutered to some extent on this pitch, in so far as the top order was concerned.I don't think the pitch was unfair in any way. I can't see this one ending in anything but a draw.

Last edited:
Here is one for you:

Since the start of the Ashes last year, 8 Tests at home.

The Australian bottom five has outscored the top five all but two times- Melbourne and Adelaide in the Ashes.

1823 of 3332 runs at 55%.

(Not counting the current innings of Australia)

MJ will never be RH. I've never liked see good bouncers dismissed so distanfully. That's his weapon, he was neutered to some extent on this pitch, in so far as the top order was concerned.I don't think the pitch was unfair in any way. I can't see this one ending in anything but a draw.

Johnson didn't bowl his short ball well enough and then persisted way too long once it wasn't happening. Bowling the way he did yesterday would have got the same treatment no matter if he was at the 'Gabba.

Rogers played well again today. Saw off the new ball and made the bowlers work hard for his wicket even though it was a soft dismissal in the end. I can't believe the bagging he cops in the media.

Time for Shaun Marsh to stand up here.

The match has started to even up and he has a chance to make a real impact. If he can do something with the tail, it could be the making of a wonderful 2015/16 season.

Meanwhile, Chappell was concerned about Burns' habit of trying to hit behind the wicket. Do you believe that's a problem or just the signs of a nervous rookie?

The match has started to even up and he has a chance to make a real impact. If he can do something with the tail, it could be the making of a wonderful 2015/16 season.

Meanwhile, Chappell was concerned about Burns' habit of trying to hit behind the wicket. Do you believe that's a problem or just the signs of a nervous rookie?

Yeah for sure and there's every chance Marsh can do exactly that as India have taken their foot off the gas several times this series against our tail-enders. Even 6 down, there's still plenty of runs available.

I confess I don't know much about Burns. The talk in the press I read is that his selection was a well-deserved one. He didn't look all that comfortable so I'm prepared to chalk it up to nerves. I'd give him a few more tests for him to show his talent.

Marsh was lucky there. Batsmen always look guilty when they don't offer a shot.

T

He's strong off the back foot and normally looks to cut. His back foot play is definitely his strength. Having said that until Chappell made that comment I didn't even notice he was doing it behind the wicket.

Fairly common way of scoring at the moment amongst batsman.

Rogers played well again today. Saw off the new ball and made the bowlers work hard for his wicket even though it was a soft dismissal in the end. I can't believe the bagging he cops in the media.

Rogers is the only batsman in the world to post 2000 first class runs this year- Middlesex, Victoria and Australia.

(26 matches at 48)

That's not including today.

Yeah for sure and there's every chance Marsh can do exactly that as India have taken their foot off the gas several times this series against our tail-enders. Even 6 down, there's still plenty of runs available.

I confess I don't know much about Burns. The talk in the press I read is that his selection was a well-deserved one. He didn't look all that comfortable so I'm prepared to chalk it up to nerves. I'd give him a few more tests for him to show his talent.

Here is one for you:

The Australian bottom five has outscored the top five all but two times- Melbourne and Adelaide in the Ashes.

7 down now. Do you think Australia have enough runs to secure a draw? They are 299 ahead. If India can bat tonight it will make day 5 interesting.

Johnson lobs it to Rahane at mid-wicket.

Harris is now at the crease.

Australia 7/236, lead by 301.

Marsh brings up his 50 in style.

Last edited:
Here is one for you:

Pretty amazing stat if it's true. 1910, do you know who of the bottom 5 is our highest run scorer during that time? Haddin? Johnson? Someone else entirely?

Heard Geoff lawson saying that the word in shield circles is You're a good chance getting him early exactly how he got out today. Once he's set it's a different story.

Given he pretty much averages the same as Shane Watson I can understand it. But you only need to look at the alternatives to realize Rogers should go nowhere.

One thing I have observed with Rogers is that he seems to not bat too often with Warner. If Warner fires then Rogers normally gets out for 30 but if Warner fails then Rogers will see off the new ball and scored a valuable 60. I don't recall our openers being in many big stands but likewise I don't recall both failing too often either.

Just had a look into this as I was curious. Warner and Rogers actually average 44 as an opening pair, which is actually better than I thought. They've batted 30 times togethers as an opening pair but only on 2 occasions have both of them made 50 in the same innings. They've never both made tons in the same innings. However, of those 30 opening stands, only in 7 of them have neither opener made a 50.

Just had a look into this as I was curious. Warner and Rogers actually average 44 as an opening pair, which is actually better than I thought. They've batted 30 times togethers as an opening pair but only on 2 occasions have both of them made 50 in the same innings. They've never both made tons in the same innings. However, of those 30 opening stands, only in 7 of them have neither opener made a 50.

They're seventh on our list of openers with [FONT=Merriweather, serif]1,333 runs. Watson and Katich 1,523 are next then Marsh and Boon are next to overtake with 1,871.

Out best is Hayden and Langer with 5655 runs.

I think they compliment each other well. They need to get through to the Ashes together.

[/FONT]

Why the **** would India change thier batting order in this run chase considering what happened in the 2nd innings at the Gabba.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • jtupu17
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.