Boxing day test v India 2014

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Burns for M Marsh and Harris for Starc. Australia will be hard to beat. With arguably their best bowler back and a new number 6 with 2 legs. S Marsh , Watson and Haddin must stand up with the bat.

I'd suggest Burns will go to three and Watson to six. So happy with Burns selection.

2. Warner
3. Burns
4. Smith (c)
6. Marsh
8. Johnson (if he retires, Starc/Cummins)
9. Pattinson
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

we are shaping up well post-Ashes.

Now we just really need Joe Burns to do well. So happy with him being selected. I was cheering when the news came on the radio.

So apparently Shane Watson requires a fitness test after being hit in the head in a net session.

I suspect he'll play but it'll be fascinating if he doesn't. It'd definitely be an all-rounder to replace him, likely Faulkner or Henriques, but it wouldn't totally surprise me if they went Stoinis. Maxwell may be a contender too if they consider him a batting all rounder.

A pretty even day. India bowled well but the Aussies did gift a few wickets. Joe Burns made 13 on debut. Looked ok but did play an ordinary shot to get out. It is an unlucky way to get out though. A bottom edge playing a pull shot caught by the keeper. Steve Smith again in the runs with 70 odd not out at Stumps. Watson made a career saving 52 no doubt.

Something tells me that this us not a paticularly easy wicket to bat on. Time will tell. I thought India bowled too short too often.

Even first day and a throwback to test cricket of old. Accurate bowling, batsmen toiling away and a run rate just below 3. Both sides can be comfortable with their showing as we have gotten along well after losing Warner in the first over. Liked what I saw from Burns, he was playing some good shots and was attacking the ball well and was out in unlucky fashion.

Something tells me that this us not a paticularly easy wicket to bat on. Time will tell. I thought India bowled too short too often.

Looked like a second day wicket today... Team with the fist inns lead should have a major advantage, batting will be tough on days four and five

Looked like a second day wicket today... Team with the fist inns lead should have a major advantage, batting will be tough on days four and five
Looked a bit two paced.

Shame for Burnsy, he looked so much better in his short time out there then Marsh has at any time in the last 12 months.

Watched the last session today. India got off to a good start with only losing one wicket. Vijay was particularly impressive. Rotating the strike and taking on our fast bowlers. I hope he kicks on to his hundred. I'm an Aussie but I love watching good, positive batting.

I'd suggest Burns will go to three and Watson to six. So happy with Burns selection.

2. Warner
3. Burns
4. Smith (c)
6. Marsh
8. Johnson (if he retires, Starc/Cummins)
9. Pattinson
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

we are shaping up well post-Ashes.

We will be far better prepared and will have a far more settled team than last time. I feel we've got a good chance of winning there next year, it was a close series up there last time despite the 3-0 score line. It was just that England won the important moments and got lucky with the umpires and weather was how they held us out. If a few things went our way we could've won by 2-1 or even 3-1.

Last edited:
I'm so sick of our curators tossing up these dead wickets. We have the most feared fast bowling attack in the world , Produceva wicket with some grass FFS ,yet we produce these bowler killer wickets. Ryan Harris has no cartilage left in his knees you know. When we play overseas we're confronted with wickets to suit the strengths of the home team, yet we cough up these wickets where the Idians can just throw their hands at the ball, just like home.We need wickets where lazy footwork is exposed, not rewarded.

But then the test would be over in 2 days and we'd have nothing to watch!

But then the test would be over in 2 days and we'd have nothing to watch!
We could watch Harris, Johnson and Hazelwood tear through sides and then watch replays of Harris, Johnson and Hazelwood tearing through sides.

India controls the cricketing world, they get whatever they want, hence the wickets we dish up.

I'm so sick of our curators tossing up these dead wickets. We have the most feared fast bowling attack in the world , Produceva wicket with some grass FFS ,yet we produce these bowler killer wickets. Ryan Harris has no cartilage left in his knees you know. When we play overseas we're confronted with wickets to suit the strengths of the home team, yet we cough up these wickets where the Idians can just throw their hands at the ball, just like home.We need wickets where lazy footwork is exposed, not rewarded.

I think the wicket is fine. Aussies created plenty of chances today but dropped several catches and the Indians made them pay (as they should have). Kholi and Rahane batted superbly - nothing lazy about their performance - their running between the wickets in particular really frustrated the bowlers as they couldn't build pressure.

It's a drop in pitch- what do you expect? They will never be lively.

Don't drop chances and Australia would be batting again 200 in front.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Galah
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Strop
  • Gray
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • Midean
  • ezpz
  • Rookie Alan
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Spooky1013
  • Accept
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.