COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Is there anywhere in Brisbane to go along and watch MMA fights? I've been to Mansfield Tavern for boxing once in the past and I think they still put on fights, is there something similar for MMA?

Is there anywhere in Brisbane to go along and watch MMA fights? I've been to Mansfield Tavern for boxing once in the past and I think they still put on fights, is there something similar for MMA?
Pretty much every pub puts on ufc Ppv fights

most of your reasonably sized pubs will show it.

This was a while ago, but I've been to The Vic, The Hammo, The RE and The Shafston for UFC and it was pretty good, lots of screens and a fair few people went.

Guaranteed to happen every time the UFC is on.

Oh true? That's a shame. You could see it going that way though from when I was into it. But back in the day, it seemed like it was less about meatheads being tough ***** and more about the martial arts and sport of it all.

The first UFC event in Aus was awesome, everyone there was seemingly a hardcore fan, people were cheering for the fighters passing guard and general ground work. The next UFC event, all the wankers were booing when anything was on the ground.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

Oh true? That's a shame. You could see it going that way though from when I was into it. But back in the day, it seemed like it was less about meatheads being tough ***** and more about the martial arts and sport of it all.

The first UFC event in Aus was awesome, everyone there was seemingly a hardcore fan, people were cheering for the fighters passing guard and general ground work. The next UFC event, all the wankers were booing when anything was on the ground.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me.
I worked in pubs many years ago, around the time UFC was starting to hit the "mainstream" crowd. Without fail some idiot would get a few too many under his belt and get the urge to try out his MMA skills (or lack thereof) on another patron.

This was a while ago, so maybe it's better now.

most of your reasonably sized pubs will show it.
Oh yeah for sure, I’m more interested in seeing a live in person fight/card. Got no idea if it even happens the way it does with boxing but I’d be keen if it does.

Oh yeah for sure, I’m more interested in seeing a live in person fight/card. Got no idea if it even happens the way it does with boxing but I’d be keen if it does.
Mma cards in my opinion are more likely to be exciting from start to finish. A lot of prelim/undercard fights are every bit as intriguing as the main event.

Korean Zombie fighting tomorrow, always great to watch. Free on ESPN/Kayo as well.

Zerafa has withdrawn from the fight against Tszyu and the excuse from his camp is pretty damn weak.

They claimed they wanted to the date changed, but couldn't provide any valid excuse as to why they couldn't make the trip.

They cited advice they received from the Victorian COVID Hotline, even though NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro, NSW Health authority and Victorian COVID Response Team all saying it was safe to travel to Newcastle.

Promoters offered him a private jet from a runway in Essendon that went straight to Newcastle, and even offered his camp a motel all to themselves.

Then they, along with NSW Combat Sports Authority, offered to allow Zerafa to weigh-in on Tuesday in Melbourne, with Tszyu’s weigh-in at Newcastle, then flying him and his team straight to Newcastle on the day of the fight, and flying them out straight after the fight.

None of that was enough for them.

TV executives are pissed, vowing he would never be sighted on Main Event or Fox Sports after this. He stood to make $300,000 from this fight, which is 10x more than what he made fighting Mundine.

I think he's running scared which is a shame because I was looking forward to this fight.

Tim Tszyu will go ahead with a fight, but it's going to be against Stevie Spark instead.

I think you're right @Super Freak which is dissapointing, it would of been a good showing.

Spark definitely shows promise and I'm happy for the kid to get centre stage and some exposure out of this.

He moves well and has a solid boxing IQ in the ring but I can't see him troubling Tszyu too much come Wednesday night.

All seems rather unnecessary. Great knockout but seriously. Pathetic

Played out as expected tonight with Tsyzu v Spark, but boy is Tszyu in for a shock when he steps up against the current elites overseas.

Conor to lose again by KO and he reitres i reckon.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • eggstar10
  • Manofoneway
  • Socnorb
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Bongo
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.