Boxing / MMA Thread

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Apr 9, 2012
Threads
Oh I agree mate.....his opponent was poor.
All I'm saying is TPJ looked like he knows how to throw a punch and could move around the ring. Not saying anything else......

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
Some brutal KOs and upsets in the UFC today, it was great seeing Tai walk out to the Barbie song and backing it up.

It's so refreshing seeing a championship bout between two ultra respectful competitors ever since the whole McGregor/play the heel schtick took off.

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Threads
Some brutal KOs and upsets in the UFC today, it was great seeing Tai walk out to the Barbie song and backing it up.

It's so refreshing seeing a championship bout between two ultra respectful competitors ever since the whole McGregor/play the heel schtick took off.
Probably why I forgot it was on.

Give me Colby/Conor/Askren over Oliveira/Poirier

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads

Fair enough, I'd rather better fighters in battles over just hyped up fighters but I see the appeal. Colby being the exception, he's a great fighter.

It's definitely the smarter financial move for them as well, look what Conor's made off playing the douche despite having a single win in 5 years.

winslow_wong

International Rep
May 27, 2013
Threads
I can’t believe nunes got submitted! Lucky I cashed out my multi. Incredible results today.

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Threads
Fair enough, I'd rather better fighters in battles over just hyped up fighters but I see the appeal. Colby being the exception, he's a great fighter.

It's definitely the smarter financial move for them as well, look what Conor's made off playing the douche despite having a single win in 5 years.
Conor is rich because of his personality on top of all his wins, it's not like he is just some bum.

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
Conor is rich because of his personality on top of all his wins, it's not like he is just some bum.

His personality is what gets people tuning in still, not his record.
Most other fighters would struggle for a Main Event having not won in 5 years, yet he will most likely continue to headline cards due to "What will Conor say next" and making Dana millions.

It's the sole reason he still draws a crowd - cue the Khabib and Mayweather matches where it garnered millions to watch despite everyone knowing the outcome.

I'm not shitting on him, he used to be a great fighter - it's just been a long time. His next fight really needs to be an average match up to get a W, as he's just not on the same level as the new/current crop.

Xzei

NRL Player
Mar 13, 2017
Threads
Most other fighters would struggle for a Main Event having not won in 5 years, yet he will most likely continue to headline cards due to "What will Conor say next" and making Dana millions.

It's the sole reason he still draws a crowd - cue the Khabib and Mayweather matches where it garnered millions to watch despite everyone knowing the outcome.

I'm not shitting on him, he used to be a great fighter - it's just been a long time. His next fight really needs to be an average match up to get a W, as he's just not on the same level as the new/current crop.
At this point i dont see him going past the last few fights on his contract,think he is about making them big $$$ fights then likely move onto freak fights like what has been going on with triller in boxing.

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Threads

He definitely shouldn't be fighting anyone in the top 5. Should be fighting Diaz or Tony Ferg.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
I was so tempted to put money on Pena, just had this gut feeling she would win. Then i forgot all about it and never did.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Apr 4, 2014
Threads

Besides Colby who deserves respect as he is top fighter in his division, the other two you just mentioned are either way past it (McGregor should have retired 3 years ago) or never had it to begin with (Askrens sole highlight in mma is taking a knee to the head off Masvidal)

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Apr 4, 2014
Threads
Nunes losing whilst is a major shock but is actually really good for the women's UFC. It opens the division up now

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Threads
Besides Colby who deserves respect as he is top fighter in his division, the other two you just mentioned are either way past it (McGregor should have retired 3 years ago) or never had it to begin with (Askrens sole highlight in mma is taking a knee to the head off Masvidal)
Askren was a world champion in multiple organisations outside of the UFC. If he joined UFC in his prime, he would have been a title contender, and most likely a champion.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaBraze

Members online

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.