Boxing / MMA Thread

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
I hope Hodgo doesn't get embarrassed this Wednesday, despite being one of my all time favourite players he just hasn't shown me he can offer much in the ring.

Rossdog will have the stamina and power advantage, and I expect pretty quick hands, Hodgo will need a KO to win I'd say.

I don't know a single person paying top dollar for a 3x2 round main event though.

winslow_wong

International Rep
May 27, 2013
Threads
I hope Hodgo doesn't get embarrassed this Wednesday, despite being one of my all time favourite players he just hasn't shown me he can offer much in the ring.

Rossdog will have the stamina and power advantage, and I expect pretty quick hands, Hodgo will need a KO to win I'd say.

I don't know a single person paying top dollar for a 3x2 round main event though.
He had such an invincible demeanour on the field. Hopefully all that sledging he did wasn’t just a way for him to hide from actually getting punched.

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
Apart from the ring announcer saying he was an NRL star for the Brisbane Broncos and South Sydney Rabbitohs, we got the outcome with Hodgo managing to get a win!!

I personally would've given it a draw with Ross coming out firing the first two, then Hodgo started to pick him apart a little better but both were gassed.

Scrappy fight but entertaining with a few big swings, Hodgo should retire on the win.

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
Even in defeat and after all the smack Leilua spoke of him, Heighno shows what a champion he is.

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
Wow, Lussick was winning the first 1.5 rounds of that fight and had Gal on the ropes, but decided to try and finish him.

Stupid move, Lussick could of really won on points and won by decision if he held back and boxed - Gal didn't know what was hitting him that first round a half.

Darcy, if Mark Hunt couldn't knock Gal out and it took 33 minutes of punches from Justis Huni to do the job, you're not going to do it in 6 minutes mate.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
Jake Paul calling out all these names really makes me laugh. He will never get any kind of credibility until he fights boxer who are actual cruiserweights like himself. Seemingly chasing Chavez Jnr now, who is a middleweight.

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
While I am somewhat excited to see SBW v Hall in March, at least far more than most of Gallens fights except for the Huni bout, seeing ticket prices at 1k+ for ringside seats is ridiculous for two non-boxers.

I think when the UFC had Adesanya Main Eventing here, ringside seats were in the $750-$850 range and that's for elite athletes.

As much as SBW is the deserved favourite due to Halls age and lack of experience, Barry can definitely give him a run for his money if he can get his fitness up.

SBW arguably lost to Botha in 2013 due to gassing out and lack of head movement and was in major trouble near the end of the bout when it controversially ended a few rounds short of what was advertised, with Sonny suspiciously taking the decision on points.

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaBraze

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.