COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

The Volk is on another level. Comparable dominance to Khabib in his division during his prime, nobody even close to beating him at the moment. Ortega got as close as anyone ever has, and he still couldn't fluster him.

Great fights!

Khamzat proving he isn't just hype - that was brutal. Burns did well too. They were both gassed too so I'm interested to see how Khamzat goes in a 5 rounder with Colby.

Yan Sterling could have gone either way - I'm still not sure how I feel about the result, but was a pretty boring fight.

Volk is a different beast these days. Considering it was meant to be this fight anyway, I'd be surprised if Holloway 3 isn't next for him. I'm in two minds about him moving up to 55 - although that Gaethje fight would be brutal.

Great fights!

Khamzat proving he isn't just hype - that was brutal. Burns did well too. They were both gassed too so I'm interested to see how Khamzat goes in a 5 rounder with Colby.

Yan Sterling could have gone either way - I'm still not sure how I feel about the result, but was a pretty boring fight.

Volk is a different beast these days. Considering it was meant to be this fight anyway, I'd be surprised if Holloway 3 isn't next for him. I'm in two minds about him moving up to 55 - although that Gaethje fight would be brutal.
If oliveira beats gaethje then I think volk should 100% ask for a title fight at 155. He’d have a really good chance against oliveira to become a double champ. Gaethje’s power and leg kicks would test volk a lot more

If oliveira beats gaethje then I think volk should 100% ask for a title fight at 155. He’d have a really good chance against oliveira to become a double champ. Gaethje’s power and leg kicks would test volk a lot more
I think the only person that's maybe due a LW title shot in the division is Islam so I think Volk would definitely be in the conversation if he decided to step up.

Great fights!

Khazmat wont want to face Usman based of that performance. He will get destroyed. Even Covington will have to much for him

I think the only person that's maybe due a LW title shot in the division is Islam so I think Volk would definitely be in the conversation if he decided to step up.
Islam cost himself by turning down the fight with RDA after calling for it on Twitter. Dana even said so himself.

The Zombies corner should have thrown in the towel at the end of the 3rd.

He was getting hammered. Volk asked him if he wanted to stop and of course he said no, which was always going to be the response from a fighter.

His corner should have stopped it then.

RIP Tony Ferguson 😢
That was brutal. Tony has been my favourite fighter for years but I think his days are numbered and have been for a while.

I wasn't a fan of the way Chandler came into the UFC but he has won me over. How good are his post fight speeches?!

The co-main felt like a 10 round fight it was that boring. If Rose thinks that was an acceptable way to defend a world title, she deserves to lose it.

Charlie Olives is a different breed.

Charles Vs Chandler
Gaethje Vs Poirier
Conor Vs Ferguson
Dariush Vs Islam

Make it happen UFC

Charles Vs Chandler
Gaethje Vs Poirier
Conor Vs Ferguson
Dariush Vs Islam

Make it happen UFC
Wouldn’t mind seeing Conor vs Chandler. Even a 3 round fight would sell PPV’s. Would also like to see volk get a shot at oliveira if he beats Max again.

That was brutal. Tony has been my favourite fighter for years but I think his days are numbered and have been for a while.

I wasn't a fan of the way Chandler came into the UFC but he has won me over. How good are his post fight speeches?!

The co-main felt like a 10 round fight it was that boring. If Rose thinks that was an acceptable way to defend a world title, she deserves to lose it.

Charlie Olives is a different breed.
Even though Carla won via a sleep fest, I think it makes the division a bit more interesting now. Joanna or WeiLi will get the title shot next and rose will have to fight her way back again.

I think Conor V Tony would be good for where they both are in their career at the moment. But I can't see Conor wanting to cut back to 55. I think he's no chance against Usman, Covington or Chimaev - so he'll probably just fight 55ers at 170 or maybe Diaz again.

I think Islam v Dariush is a good fight but would need to be made soon because I don't think Chandler really deserves the title fight yet - and there isn't really anybody else lining up for a title shot.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Rookie Alan
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.