COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

They need to start giving him some better quality opponents if they want him to start living up to the hype. He hasnt had anyone capable of testing him yet. Cant wait to see it though, love watching him fight. So exciting.
He’s got Gilbert burns coming up in April. That’s his first big test.

He’s got Gilbert burns coming up in April. That’s his first big test.

He's a really smart fighter. He will certainly test out Chimaev's ability to wrestle i think but i dont think he will worry Khazmat with his power.

Usman wont give Colby another shot i dont think. He dealt with him twice now.
It's really similar to the Adesanya/Whittaker situation. Both are easily the top 2 in the division, but the champ is 2-0. And both rematches have been argued to be won by the other bloke. I really hope there is a trilogy for both of them in 2023.

I see RW fighting and beating guys like Vettori and Strickland. Would like to see Rockhold get back in without the arrogance, although that could be impossible.

And same with CC, I think he runs through Edwards, Luque and Burns. Wildcard obviously being Chimaev, who if he beats Burns should fight Covington.

Credit to Tim Tszyu winning his US debut with a points win over Terrell Gausha.

He got knocked down in the 1st round, but came back and went the whole 12 with Gausha and came away with the win.

He needs to work on his D, but this kid is the goods.

Credit to Tim Tszyu winning his US debut with a points win over Terrell Gausha.

He got knocked down in the 1st round, but came back and went the whole 12 with Gausha and came away with the win.

He needs to work on his D, but this kid is the goods.

He showed a lot of heart, and dominated the fight, but he got constantly hit and hurt by Guasha, who isnt a renowned big puncher. I think Charlo or Castano would have finished Tim in 5 or 6 rounds on that performance. They are both more devastating punchers than Guasha. I dont think either would have seen anything from Tszyu that would concern them really.

What i do really like about Tim though is the way he works the body. He hits heavy and the body shots take their toll over a long period. I just worry they way he got caught in this fight he wouldnt be able to pressure the better boxers.

Great UFC card today!

Volk defends his title against the Korean Zombie.
Petr Yan trying to get his title back from Aljo and hopefully the hype train of Khamzat gets derailed.

Less go!

Great UFC card today!

Volk defends his title against the Korean Zombie.
Petr Yan trying to get his title back from Aljo and hopefully the hype train of Khamzat gets derailed.

Less go!
I’m hoping the hype train keeps going. If he’s the real deal, a fight with usman will be amazing.

Would give that 2-1 Khamzat. From that showing, I think Usman and Colby both beat him.

He would get smashed i think by those 2. Needs a lot of work. Looked gassed in that 3rd round.
Yeah I think unless he knocked them out in the first 2, they would just beat the piss out of him late.

Really wanted fresh blood for the division but looks like it’ll be Colby and usman as top dogs for a bit longer.

Sterling looks great. Yan really only going for massive shots, without landing one he is cooked.

Sterling looks great. Yan really only going for massive shots, without landing one he is cooked.

Yan is so much better than he is showing. I think he is too wrapped up in trying to knock him out instead of actually fighting him.

Yan is so much better than he is showing. I think he is too wrapped up in trying to knock him out instead of actually fighting him.
Massive improvement then in round 4. If Yan wins the 5th round, this is anybodys. Round 1 very debatable. Round 2 possibly a 10-8 for Aljo.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Lostboy
  • Big Del
  • Behold
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • GCBRONCO
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • Totally Unr3al
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Yem
  • Financeguy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.