COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Conor needs a couple of warm up fights imo. He's been so inactive in the octagon plus that horrific broken leg he would be stupid to go straight in and fight the better fighters off the bat.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Conor vs Chandler. Even a 3 round fight would sell PPV’s. Would also like to see volk get a shot at oliveira if he beats Max again.
Dana practically confirmed that if Volk beats Max again and moves up, then he would have no problem throwing Oliveria and Volk together straight away champion v champion.

Dana practically confirmed that if Volk beats Max again and moves up, then he would have no problem throwing Oliveria and Volk together straight away champion v champion.
I’m all for it even though it’s at the expense of max losing.

I think Conor V Tony would be good for where they both are in their career at the moment. But I can't see Conor wanting to cut back to 55. I think he's no chance against Usman, Covington or Chimaev - so he'll probably just fight 55ers at 170 or maybe Diaz again.

I think Islam v Dariush is a good fight but would need to be made soon because I don't think Chandler really deserves the title fight yet - and there isn't really anybody else lining up for a title shot.
Tony complained about UFC not wanting him to move to 170. I think after 4 straight losses, Tony fights at 170 next no matter what.

Conor needs a couple of warm up fights imo. He's been so inactive in the octagon plus that horrific broken leg he would be stupid to go straight in and fight the better fighters off the bat.
McGregor is finished as a fighter fighting for titles. Basically just a big name fight for the top ranked guys to cash in on his name and make some money. If he was anyone else, he would most likely be heading for a release with how he has fought in the past 5 years. He will continue to be bashed by the top ranked guys for a big payday until he retires

McGregor is finished as a fighter fighting for titles. Basically just a big name fight for the top ranked guys to cash in on his name and make some money. If he was anyone else, he would most likely be heading for a release with how he has fought in the past 5 years. He will continue to be bashed by the top ranked guys for a big payday until he retires

I wouldnt write him off tbh, but i have my doubts if he has the drive anymore to push himself. He's definatly taken his eye off the ball. Its hard to say much about him in the last 5 years because he has only had 4 fights. Out of those 4 he lost one with a broken leg ( which i still think is a bit rough to call it a loss, it was a freak injury ), one one against a past it Cowboy and 2 losses where he was outclassed. Losing to Khabib isnt exactly a disgrace.

If he is serious about a proper comeback, he needs to work his way back up and be a lot more active. He's only 33 so he has probably got a good 3 years left if he takes everything seriously. If he's coming back thinking he should just be fighting the top guys straight away he's going to get shown up. There is no doubt though his time away from the octagon has hurt him.

I wouldnt write him off tbh, but i have my doubts if he has the drive anymore to push himself. He's definatly taken his eye off the ball. Its hard to say much about him in the last 5 years because he has only had 4 fights. Out of those 4 he lost one with a broken leg ( which i still think is a bit rough to call it a loss, it was a freak injury ), one one against a past it Cowboy and 2 losses where he was outclassed. Losing to Khabib isnt exactly a disgrace.

If he is serious about a proper comeback, he needs to work his way back up and be a lot more active. He's only 33 so he has probably got a good 3 years left if he takes everything seriously. If he's coming back thinking he should just be fighting the top guys straight away he's going to get shown up. There is no doubt though his time away from the octagon has hurt him.
He was being absolutely flogged when he broke his leg so I would call it a loss because he was getting stopped the next round for sure. His ego wont let him start from the bottom so he will continue to get the big pay cheques and get his head kicked in until he has had enough.

He was being absolutely flogged when he broke his leg so I would call it a loss because he was getting stopped the next round for sure. His ego wont let him start from the bottom so he will continue to get the big pay cheques and get his head kicked in until he has had enough.

I dont think he was getting flogged, he wasnt on top but he wasnt out of it by a long way. You cant call it a loss really because his opponent didnt beat him. He snapped his tibia. That finishes every fighter on the planet. It was the first round, plenty of time left for any fight to turn around. I dont think any fighter with anything about him though would try to claim a victory in that manner. It would be very hollow.

His old training footage was pretty legendary when he was hungry and serious about martial arts. Now he just hits the pads at a suburban boxing club and still thinks he can mix it with the elite. It’s the polar opposite of a gsp

If he's serious about coming back to make a run at a title - a fight similar to the Cowboy one is what he needs first up. His loss to Khabib was when he thought he was bigger than the game - he admitted in interviews he was out partying and drinking until all hours in the fight camp. He disgraced himself in that fight by not preparing properly and not treating Khabib with the respect he deserved. It was all downhill from there.

I love nothing more than seeing him get fucked up - him losing to Khabib was glorious and I almost did a hammy jumping out of my seat when Dustin sat him on his ass. I really hope he moves up to 170 - he's got no chance of matching it with the contenders up there.

If he's serious about coming back to make a run at a title - a fight similar to the Cowboy one is what he needs first up. His loss to Khabib was when he thought he was bigger than the game - he admitted in interviews he was out partying and drinking until all hours in the fight camp. He disgraced himself in that fight by not preparing properly and not treating Khabib with the respect he deserved. It was all downhill from there.

I love nothing more than seeing him get fucked up - him losing to Khabib was glorious and I almost did a hammy jumping out of my seat when Dustin sat him on his ass. I really hope he moves up to 170 - he's got no chance of matching it with the contenders up there.
I have never been a huge fan of Conor but a motivated and committed Mcgregor I think even at 170 could give people a good shake. As I said before I’m not convinced he has the level of commitment he needs to get back to the level he was. I think he’s become a bit one dimensional and just looks for the big shot these days.

I have never been a huge fan of Conor but a motivated and committed Mcgregor I think even at 170 could give people a good shake. As I said before I’m not convinced he has the level of commitment he needs to get back to the level he was. I think he’s become a bit one dimensional and just looks for the big shot these days.
I agree - a motivated and committed McGregor could maybe give it a run. That's a the challenge though. I think he's too busy enjoying his whiskey, yachts and supercars to care about putting in the amount of work to be champ again.

idk at 33 conor isnt developing a ground game and outside favorable match ups for him i think he is done

I've put shit on Paul Gallen ...forever

He's a talentless fuckwit......

But he does have ticker........

I hope this is the last we'll see and hear of him tbh....wish he would just **** off into obscurity where he belongs.

I've put shit on Paul Gallen ...forever

He's a talentless fuckwit......

But he does have ticker........

I hope this is the last we'll see and hear of him tbh....wish he would just **** off into obscurity where he belongs.

He is too tough for his own good .
CTE will be his down fall . Too many concussions in his life time .

He needs to forget about boxing and stick to arguing with Gus .

He is too tough for his own good .
CTE will be his down fall . Too many concussions in his life time .

He needs to forget about boxing and stick to arguing with Gus .
To be honest I'm not sure getting punched in the head repeatedly does more damage than listening to Gus waffling on or not.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.