Boyd - I'm trying too hard

Boyd has always lacked urgency. Now it's just worse since he has lost a good metre or two of speed and wants to avoid any contact. If you look at someone like Slater, he would always make an extra effort to sprint back in to position and get to a loose ball like his life depended on it. He was very rarely caught out of position, and if put in the same situations as Boyd was in last night, he would of attacked the ball with no self preservation. Instead Boyd just dawdles his way towards the general vicinity of the ball and then waits for the ball to come to him in the hope that someone else will take it before it gets to him. It's no longer a coincidence.

I would love to know what Bennett is saying to Boyd about his form. I'm sure they would have talked about it.
Hopefully now that he's racked up his 300, and if Inglis gets a positive outcome, he might go early.

Boyd is probably 'safe' at fullback for this year, next year for mine may be a different story, Isaako hasn't show enough to be considered an alternative.

Bird is an option, I would like to see Seibs give him a run at the back to see what he offers, move Boyd to centre.

If we are not going to feature in the finals we may as well explore our options.

"Better a year too early then a year too early" *signs Boyd for 3 years too late*

I don't have the time to watch every game every week. Does any other fullback just fall over as much as Darius does?

I don't have the time to watch every game every week. Does any other fullback just fall over as much as Darius does?
tedesco falls over quite a bit but it's usually when attacking and springing sideways with unbridled enthusiasm, so not really comparable.

Just out of curiousity, you blokes watched TPJ get in his way for the first two tries right?
Ha ha ha ha, really? They didn't see ANYONE else was on the field. It's always Boyd's fault despite the fact that 99.999% of the keyboard warriors couldn't even get to that point on the field without a medicab.

tedesco falls over quite a bit but it's usually when attacking and springing sideways with unbridled enthusiasm, so not really comparable.
Darius does fall over with unbridled enthusiasm in getting away from the attacking player or ball though. Sometimes I wonder if it's like that scene in the longest yard where Adam sandlers character gets sacked because his team realise he is throwing the game so they just stand aside. Except its Boyd teaching his team a lessons for defending like shit.

Boyd badly needs to be moved out of centre. He just doesn't have the speed anymore in defence. I have no doubt he could more than do a job at left centre with Bird at fullback.

2l8hrvb.jpg

Ha ha ha ha, really? They didn't see ANYONE else was on the field. It's always Boyd's fault despite the fact that 99.999% of the keyboard warriors couldn't even get to that point on the field without a medicab.
lol

NEXT UP ON THE BINGO LIST - yeah but he can play footy better than you.

Last edited:

For you that is a ridiculous comment that is beneath you. None of us purport to be:
(a) professional athletes;
(b) on a reported salary of $600,000 - $800,000 a year;
(c) the captain of a major RL club with responsibilities to lead by example.

Your passionate defence of Boyd is one thing, but if you cannot concede that his performances this year in a number of respects are well below what is expected of a first grade fullback, let alone a highly experienced, former representative player and the captain of the team, you are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing.

His involvement in the first two tries last night was pathetic.

I couldn't drive your work equipment either, but that's why they pay YOU the big bucks. I work up a sweat just seeing the length of the tunnel, but I'm not paid to be able to play football as a professional athlete.

It's not all his fault. But he's playing like shit, he's not worthy of the jersey he wears, and he's certainly not worthy of the C next to his name.

Anyone still defending Boyd, after all the waffle in the media about how he's going to be better and improve blah blah blah, he's done nothing. Nothing at all. That doesn't deserve respect, if anything, it's losing it. He needs to hang up the boots.

Isaako needs to put a wheel chair under Boyd when catching bombs, so he doesn't have to get up all the way from the ground.

Maybe when being beaten by 32 points it's best to not stand there with a big smile going on about how "there's more to life than footy it just wasn't our night". It's definitely not just Boyd's fault but we may as well have a scarecrow with a scary face on it under the goal posts as our last line of defence.

Isaako needs to put a wheel chair under Boyd when catching bombs, so he doesn't have to get up all the way from the ground.
What is with the falling over backwards taking bombs nearly every time?

I'd rather Isaako stay away from bombs altogether at the rate he's dropping them. Same goes for Corey.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • eggstar10
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.