Boyd ready to take six for the team

“In this day and age fullback and five-eighth is very similar and with five-eighth you get to control the team quite a lot. It’s a bit easier being at five-eighth than it would be at fullback.”

Is it? You make 2-3 tackles a game Darius. How are you going to go with large backrowers running at you all game and be asked to make 20-25 tackles?

...and I think Boyd's play making credentials get somewhat over rated. An extra link in the backline does not a playmaker under pressure make.

If we haven't got any confidence in KNik (which I really don't see why)....I rather Milford and Bird be given the halves starting roles.

The side would have to look like this. Actually doesn't look too bad. Same problem though - kicking game.

1. Jack Bird
2. Corey Oates
3. Tom Opacic
4. James Roberts
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Darius Boyd
7. Anthony Milford
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Korbin Sims
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
-------------------------
14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Tevita Pangai Junior

I think he's a possible answer if things with knik don't work out, or there's an injury. I think knik is still in the box seat with destiny in his hands or perhaps, more accurately his boot. I'd give him 8 games to form a cohesive partnership with Milford with a workable short kicking game between them. If not he may lose spot altogether as someone else is given an interchange spot to prove their credentials.

To be fair, you missed the bit where he said

“These days five eighth and fullback are pretty similar, apart from the defensive side of the game.

Did I really ....?

Upload 2017 10 27 0 4 44

If Boyd plays 6, we are done for. No kicking game, only has a cut out pass from the sweep play, and i dont think he will can manage a game in that position. Give Kodi a crack for the year, if he fails, then we look for a complete 7 who can do all.

No way a whole season. 8 games will tell us everything we need to know about Milford and knik together. After that we use whatever is next in line. That brings us to around origin and by then we will know for sure who's performing and isn't. Hope this discussion moot and knik and Milford nail it by then. If not, a Boyd at 5/8 will atleast offer a stronger defender and free up gillet to be less a tackling machine.

If Boyd plays 6, we are done for. No kicking game, only has a cut out pass from the sweep play, and i dont think he will can manage a game in that position. Give Kodi a crack for the year, if he fails, then we look for a complete 7 who can do all.

Hopefully it's just bennett manipulation again to keep the heat and attention off kodi.

Unread

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.