NEWS Boyd Urged to Consider Early Retirement

It was like he didn't see the two souths defenders coming? Even if he jigged off his right foot earlier he would have fallen over.

Because otherwise, player X on 1 mill who is now reserve grade quality can "retire" then be given an off field job for 1m. Player stays hush and gets his money, club doesn't have to deal with bad recruitment decision on the cap.

Sounds great.

There no way Seibs hands are tied

Oops... there is no way Seibolds hand are tied with dropping of Boyd fearing bad PR.... he is so hated the PR is so much worse playing him.... Seibold must just think he is a good player

If the Boyd pr was in overdrive last week, after a not terrible game. What's it going to be like this week.

For those saying a player will count toward the cap if they retire what happens if they get their contract terminated for a different reason. Like bad behaviour?

Can Boyd just not show up to preseason and be “fired” because he failed to meet contractual expectations? Could he just smoke a bong or two and be terminated for drug use?

For those saying a player will count toward the cap if they retire what happens if they get their contract terminated for a different reason. Like bad behaviour?

Can Boyd just not show up to preseason and be “fired” because he failed to meet contractual expectations? Could he just smoke a bong or two and be terminated for drug use?
Gauging by the last few months performances I think he has already taken to roasting a few cones.

Last edited:
Boyd came awfully close to deliberately throwing that game last night. He needs to go so as his money will be a direct swap with Fifita.

It was like he didn't see the two souths defenders coming? Even if he jigged off his right foot earlier he would have fallen over.

I am convinced he was bracing for contact from the cover defender because there is no other reason to do what he did. The pea heart is still fucking holding his body back. The reason he wouldn’t have straightened up and dived is because his torso would have been fully exposed and would have copped a decent whack where as the way he ran was like he was bracing for impact.

The fact that he is suppose to be our captain and leader is just toxic. He is holding this team back. I don’t care if we don’t have any one better, I guarantee we could put someone in there tomorrow that would put in 3 times the effort and not let the team down.

I am convinced he was bracing for contact from the cover defender because there is no other reason to do what he did. The pea heart is still fucking holding his body back. The reason he wouldn’t have straightened up and dived is because his torso would have been fully exposed and would have copped a decent whack where as the way he ran was like he was bracing for impact.

The fact that he is suppose to be our captain and leader is just toxic. He is holding this team back. I don’t care if we don’t have any one better, I guarantee we could put someone in there tomorrow that would put in 3 times the effort and not let the team down.

So true. That is how Boyd runs each time and has been doing it for years. Last second he braces for contact and turns his body. He never runs straight and hard. He just has to go low and would of scored.
That bombed try after the Haas break was diabolical. Should be dropped cause of that.

So Bennett writes up the contracts to now , **** he must of created mankind to huh ?
Absolutely. It has all become so clear now. Why else would Bennett play him on one leg for the entirety of last year? Why has this year been all about self-preservation for him?

Absolutely. It has all become so clear now. Why else would Bennett play him on one leg for the entirety of last year? Why has this year been all about self-preservation for him?
Couldn't tell you, maybe he just doesn't want to put his body on the line anymore. Maybe something else is more important to him like his wife and kids, it's just footy remember.

Well if you had a performance clause that states you have to reach 15 games per season, is it any real surprise he is not putting his body on the line?

Whoever dreamed up that doozy, should be the first one fired...

performance clauses are quite common in American sports.

if it is a case of him not putting his body on the line (which i don't believe it is) in order to protect it to make his 15 games next season, it is a massive risk, because if he doesn't perform and gets dropped he misses that mark any way.

IMO, he is trying, it is just that he is past it and no longer at an acceptable standard. he could possibly extend his career in the centers, but i think we have better options for next year.

I have a feeling he will retire at seasons end (or get the dreaded tap), but given Boyd's nature is keeping it quiet during the season because he doesn't want his team to make it about him (or the club to make a big fuss with a farewell thing at Lang Park, in his final game)

I also don't think we would have to worry about salary cap issues should he retire (like Souths did for Inglis) as he wouldn't be in the middle of a contract, he can just choose not to take up his option.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Painin the Haas
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • winslow_wong
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.