Brisbane bombers

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I read that Sydney clubs are holding up the expansion of the NRL. If it stops the sick and insensitive name of 'bombers' joining the ranks of club names I don't really mind. I mean in this day and age only a sociopath would think bombers was an appropriate name for a club wishing to attract families to support them. Have we become that desensitised that we become oblivious to the real meaning behind the name?

Last edited:
I have no problem with the name. I do have a problem with expansion considering that 90% of the clubs run at a loss. It should be streamlined to a twelve team comp, 22 game schedule which would allow all Origin matches to be stand alone. Keep the top 8 format ensuring that every game matters. The teams would consist of Perth, Melb, NZ, Newcastle, NQ, Canberra, two Brisbane teams and four Sydney sides. That would be a dream comp but RL will never be proactive enough to even come close to this template.

Raiders - invading, killing, murdering, raping, pillaging.
Roosters - wake people up fucking early

I don't see why the Bombers need to be singled out.
Don't forget Cowboys who killed all the Indians or Bulldogs who have been known to bite children. Storm causes devastation and Tigers can maul their carers. It goes on and on.

I just don't think Brisbane is big enough for two successful clubs. Sydney is the example of what over expansion in your own backyard looks like. They are holding the entire game back.

I think Perth needs to have a team, and whilst I think south east Queensland definetly deserves another team and should get one I think Brisbane being a shoe-in is a bit ridiculous. The reasoning behind putting one in Brisbane is what gets me, it's not because rugby league is going to take fans from other sports-it's because "brisbane is too big and successful" pretty much is the argument. Shouldn't clubs strive to become more successful rather then look at ways to pull down the most popular club by taking away its supporters?

In saying that, another Brisbane team will in no way, shape or form take away Brisbane broncos fans. The stupidity of the Sydney clubs is it will take away the Brisbane based fans of other clubs if anything and take away money from them (eg interstate memberships, merchandise, home games in Brisbane such as the double header). If I support a team that plays in Brisbane once a year and all of a sudden a new team pops up playing there 12 times a year it's a good excuse to "support the new Boys against the big bad broncos"...

Then again, south Queensland crushers says hello...

Nothing wrong with bombers, not saying its a good name, just nothing wrong with it.

Perth does not need a team

NRL needs to fix the sydney basin before they expand to another state where no one cares.

Nothing wrong with bombers, not saying its a good name, just nothing wrong with it.

NRL needs to fix the sydney basin before they expand to another state where no one cares.

Aye? Perth is sports friggin mental. They have full junior competitions running in league. They have more than what some Sydney clubs have, including money, they have an excellent time zone advantage for the broadcaster.

Sydney won't be fixed so long as Sydneysiders exist. So the NRL need to expand in spite of them, in the hope that some of them die off. They've held the sport back for far too long.

Aye? Perth is sports friggin mental. They have full junior competitions running in league. They have more than what some Sydney clubs have, including money, they have an excellent time zone advantage for the broadcaster.

Sydney won't be fixed so long as Sydneysiders exist. So the NRL need to expand in spite of them, in the hope that some of them die off. They've held the sport back for far too long.

How big are these competitions. Just because you have a competition, doesnt mean its very popular.
NRL cant really expand until they have their house in order because they have to keep topping these smaller clubs up. They even top clubs like melbourne up.

How big are these competitions. Just because you have a competition, doesnt mean its very popular.
NRL cant really expand until they have their house in order because they have to keep topping these smaller clubs up. They even top clubs like melbourne up.

Well then I believe they should stop doing that, and move to Perth.

It's not huge, but it's more than big enough that they have all the junior systems in place already, wouldn't be starting from scratch like the Mexicans, and has decent support for any sports. NRL see this, that's why they're buggering around with sending the odd game across. They'll even have a brand new stadium this year.

Perth is up for the NRL to take, but it needs to be sooner, not later.

I live here and Perth is like Melbourne they just love their sport, if given the chance it won’t disappoint.

A hell of a lot of juniors are here and screaming for a nrl team.
The afl teams here are shithouse and an nrl club could surpass them in popularity

Greenberg needs to get his shit together
Their is a billionaire that said he would make his own union comp.
just go upto him and say if you can fund and sustain an nrl club in Perth here’s your golden ticket

Expansion, in terms of adding more teams, seems a totally bizarre idea devoid of all logic and sound business sense

Expansion, in terms of adding more locations, makes perfect sense

We have 1 place in Aus where half the teams are located, clubs losing money and fans not turning up

And we have at least 2 places around the country without a team who are crying out for one

I wonder what the solution could possibly be?

Active Now

• Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • kiwi2
  • Jedhead
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • The Strapper
  • Jazza
  • Cavalo
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jd87
  • azza.79
  • Rookie Alan
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.