Brisbane bombers

It does for advertisers - that's the point. Every club has their fans that only watch their team, but if you take that way, you're cutting off the eyeballs that make the tv rights valuable.

For some clubs barely anyone watches anyway if you look at the media footprint of each team.

Losing 200000 roosters ‘fans’ (I imagine most of those accidentally left their tv on when they fell asleep after the news) might be far less valuable then opening up Perth or Western Brisbane.

I don’t know just discussing possibilities. These discussions are in a bit of a vacuum. Need proper modelling and financial analysis that the NRL should have, problem is having the ability to act even if they have good information.

For some clubs barely anyone watches anyway if you look at the media footprint of each team.

Losing 200000 roosters ‘fans’ (I imagine most of those accidentally left their tv on when they fell asleep after the news) might be far less valuable then opening up Perth or Western Brisbane.

I don’t know just discussing possibilities. These discussions are in a bit of a vacuum. Need proper modelling and financial analysis that the NRL should have, problem is having the ability to act even if they have good information.
All good mate, I definitely dont have all the answers, I'm just musing like yourself but the advertising dollars definitely have to be taken into account (and the cumulative effect that has on everything else) if there's a discussion on reducing the comp size.

There's a rumour going around that V'Landys wants them to incorporate the North Sydney Bears in their club and even take a few games down to North Sydney Oval.

Surely they cannot be that Sydney centric? Let's send a team to Brisbane so the Broncos can't be a one town team, but let's also make them slightly Sydney based as well.

There's a rumour going around that V'Landys wants them to incorporate the North Sydney Bears in their club and even take a few games down to North Sydney Oval.

Surely they cannot be that Sydney centric? Let's send a team to Brisbane so the Broncos can't be a one town team, but let's also make them slightly Sydney based as well.
Hahaha not even trying to hide that the next "Queensland" team will be NSWRL backed.

I'm guessing they will also give them higher grants than the $13m (will probably take the cash off us) and maybe even give them additional cap space to let them get a foothold in the comp... whilst our glorious administration will just cop it in the chin, because "we welcome the competition"

Last edited:
Hahaha not even trying to hide that the next "Queensland" team will be NSWRL backed.

I'm guessing they will also give them higher grants than the $13m (will probably take the cash off us) and maybe even give them additional cap space to let them get a foothold in the comp... whilst our glorious administration will just cop it in the chin, because "we welcome the competition"

we can add in a rule that says any player signed from us is cap exempt

Just save yourself the trouble of pretending that you actually care about the game outside of Sydney and bring back the Bears. What kind of fucked up leadership is it when your trying to attract fans to a new franchise possibility by putting forward the possibility of home games being based in Sydney? I thought the whole fucking idea was to try to have a game every week in Brisbane as much as possible.

Last edited:

Yeah, weird.

They can go ahead and incorporate Norths, sure. But if true, I find it odd that they would bother taking games back to NSO. You can be as certain as the Storm going in dry on us next week that the remaining Bears faithful will be having no part whatsoever in any tokenism from a Brisbane based 'Bears', despite how keen they are to have some representation at the top level again. We all saw how the Manly experiment went down.

Beyond Sydney, the Central Coast is the only solid option for the Bears to truly work at this point. Or, more realistically I'm afraid, nothing.

Last edited:
Kick Cronulla or Manly out nobody will miss them and then bring back the Bears, problem solved.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • Big Del
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • phoenix
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.