Brisbane Broncos 2020 draw

I live for the day when the NRL releases a balanced schedule. Granted, an impossibility in a 16 team/24 game comp and littered with rep footy. Bring on the conference system because these uneven itineraries are highly farcical and shouldn't exist in a professional sporting organization.

Yeah the whole comp is questionable when the only consideration for the draw seems to be $$$ rather than fairness. It’s not possible each season given the amount of teams/games but it should be balanced over the course of a few years.

That’s about as soft as an open as we could hope for.
Will need to walk away with some serious points during that period though, those are the type of games you can't afford to drop and not get points from.

Yeah the whole comp is questionable when the only consideration for the draw seems to be $$$ rather than fairness. It’s not possible each season given the amount of teams/games but it should be balanced over the course of a few years.
As a starting point the NRL could outline how the **** they come up with the draw each year... do they use an algorithm or do they just get a bunch of ch 9 flogs into a room and say give us 25 rounds.

There's 16 teams and 24 games per team per year... so they play each team 1.6 times per year... over the course of 5 years we should therefore play each team 8 times.

Based on that alone the NRL could come up with a 5 year rolling draw... but no instead we have to play Melbourne, rorters, cows and rabbits at least twice per year, which means we are playing other teams much less than the 8 times per 5 years.

I would love to see a stat over the last 5 years with how many times we have played each team and split across home and away.

As a starting point the NRL could outline how the **** they come up with the draw each year... do they use an algorithm or do they just get a bunch of ch 9 flogs into a room and say give us 25 rounds.

There's 16 teams and 24 games per team per year... so they play each team 1.6 times per year... over the course of 5 years we should therefore play each team 8 times.

Based on that alone the NRL could come up with a 5 year rolling draw... but no instead we have to play Melbourne, rorters, cows and rabbits at least twice per year, which means we are playing other teams much less than the 8 times per 5 years.

I would love to see a stat over the last 5 years with how many times we have played each team and split across home and away.

Broadcasters + club reps no doubt. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we ask for the hard teams because they have high ex-pat fan bases so we’ll have a better crowd = $$$ for everyone. Same for them, they want to play us for the same reason.

And with broadcasters, who’s going to draw a bigger audience? Broncos V Storm/Roosters/Rabbits? or Broncos V Wests/Dogs/Cronulla? No chance we don’t play them twice every year for the rest of time

It's a joke that they have the nerve to call it a draw, which implies it's completely random.

Broadcasters + club reps no doubt. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we ask for the hard teams because they have high ex-pat fan bases so we’ll have a better crowd = $$$ for everyone. Same for them, they want to play us for the same reason.

And with broadcasters, who’s going to draw a bigger audience? Broncos V Storm/Roosters/Rabbits? or Broncos V Wests/Dogs/Cronulla? No chance we don’t play them twice every year for the rest of time
I get that, but my issue is the NRL can't even come out and justify how they come up with the rounds.

Do the Broncos somehow ask to play the warriors every year around origin... no fucking way, but what does the NRL have that justifies this happening every year?

Why the **** are we playing the cows twice within 5 rounds... why are we playing souths twice within 9 rounds??

There is nothing they can say to justify a fucked up draw that allows that to happen. The NRL are fucking corrupt and too incompetent to even try and hide it anymore... it's obvious the game is being run by a Sydney bias media.

I'm sure the fox sports bunker will come out with their annual strength of the draw article and low and behold one of the western Sydney teams will have the easiest draw or some other shit pusher of a team that the NRL are trying to push, but nothing will be said about it in the media because they're too busy trying to justify 9 Sydney teams stealing Brisbane's talent

Last edited:
So frustrating that even when we're struggling we still have a hefty Origin workload to cover.

Probables: Oates, Haas, Fifita, Ofahengaue

Possibles: Milford, Bird, Lodge, Flegler

Realistically we'll probably be missing more guys than Melbourne, Roosters, Raiders, Manly and Souths.

you can add Turpin to the possibles, our depth at hooker isn't great right now, so a good start to the season could see him come into calculations

How the **** do we end up playing the Cowboys twice in the first five rounds

Yep, it's ridiculous. In what way could that be called good planning?
[automerge]1572318485[/automerge]
you can add Turpin to the possibles, our depth at hooker isn't great right now, so a good start to the season could see him come into calculations
Realistically he's behind Friend and Hunt and possibly even Granville at this stage (Not that I'd pick Granville personally)

Last edited:
I'm sure the fox sports bunker will come out with their annual strength of the draw article and low and behold one of the western Sydney teams will have the easiest draw or some other shit pusher of a team that the NRL are trying to push
Even better, it's Canberra. The team who nearly won the grand final has the easiest draw in the league.

Oh, and the wooden spooners have the hardest draw.

Last edited:
Even better, it's Canberra. The team who nearly won the grand final has the easiest draw in the league.

Oh, and the wooden spooners have the hardest draw.
So they fall into the "some other shit pusher of a team the NRL is trying to promote then"

I must say Titans seem to be harder done by than us the last couple years. Mainly because they're shit and the NRL try and give their favourites leg ups by playing the shitter teams.... I'm guessing they are copping the NRL darling teams twice each (ie. Rorters, souths and storm) plus the NSWRL media darlings that they consider "a dark horse for the comp" (ie. parra, manly and for some reason penrith).

Haven't looked at the draw or the fox article, but I'll take a stab at the 9 teams the Titans have to play twice:
Rorters
Souths
Storm
Raiders
Parra
Cows and Broncos (only because of derby's)
Manly
Penrith

So they fall into the "some other shit pusher of a team the NRL is trying to promote then"

I must say Titans seem to be harder done by than us the last couple years. Mainly because they're shit and the NRL try and give their favourites leg ups by playing the shitter teams.... I'm guessing they are copping the NRL darling teams twice each (ie. Rorters, souths and storm) plus the NSWRL media darlings that they consider "a dark horse for the comp" (ie. parra, manly and for some reason penrith).

Haven't looked at the draw or the fox article, but I'll take a stab at the 9 teams the Titans have to play twice:
Rorters
Souths
Storm
Raiders
Parra
Cows and Broncos (only because of derby's)
Manly
Penrith
Parra have the 2nd easiest, which nails your western Sydney theory perfectly too.

Think I heard somewhere that they want the second game to be a ‘live’ game ie both teams still competing for a spot in the eight which was not the case this year as the cows had already dropped out of the race for a top eight spot by the time that was played.
Having the second game so soon is a bit of overkill though they could have it anytime up to about round 15 and both teams should still be in the race for a top eight spot.

Think I heard somewhere that they want the second game to be a ‘live’ game ie both teams still competing for a spot in the eight which was not the case this year as the cows had already dropped out of the race for a top eight spot by the time that was played.
Having the second game so soon is a bit of overkill though they could have it anytime up to about round 15 and both teams should still be in the race for a top eight spot.

then the NRL have no faith in either the Cowboys or us (maybe no faith in both of us) if they think one of the teams will be out of contention by round 5 :P

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • bert_lifts
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • bazza
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.