Brisbane Broncos 2020 draw

then the NRL have no faith in either the Cowboys or us (maybe no faith in both of us) if they think one of the teams will be out of contention by round 5 :P

The cowboys have zero creativity in their spine, an aging overrated pack (apart from Lolo), and crap outside backs (particularly in defence). I’ll be shocked if they make the top 8 next year. That being said, the so called experts, especially Gas and Brandy, will tip them to finish above us.

Last edited:
As a starting point the NRL could outline how the **** they come up with the draw each year... do they use an algorithm or do they just get a bunch of ch 9 flogs into a room and say give us 25 rounds.

There's 16 teams and 24 games per team per year... so they play each team 1.6 times per year... over the course of 5 years we should therefore play each team 8 times.

Based on that alone the NRL could come up with a 5 year rolling draw... but no instead we have to play Melbourne, rorters, cows and rabbits at least twice per year, which means we are playing other teams much less than the 8 times per 5 years.

I would love to see a stat over the last 5 years with how many times we have played each team and split across home and away.
Heres the link to Todds response to your question
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/28...ff-times-fixtures-broadcasters-and-match-ups/

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Origin period fixtures. It makes sense to put all the teams that will be hurt the most by Origin selection up against each other. It encourages clubs to rest their seniors and to give some young blokes a crack at each other.....Unless of course, the likes of Bellyache and Robinson find a way to twist it to their favor which is probable.

Also our early season is ridiculously breezy. I feel like it's always best to get off to a good start.

the NRL have once again fucked us over ... we only get a grand total of 4 Sunday games ... and only one of them is at home ...

**** YOU NRL

Famous last words.

If we can't even beat the Cows, the Titans and the Panthers in the opening 5 rounds when everyone is still fresh then we don't deserve to have a good year anyway.

the NRL have once again fucked us over ... we only get a grand total of 4 Sunday games ... and only one of them is at home ...

**** YOU NRL

Good. We get flogged playing on sundays and especially at home.

A more condensed list. Bolded sides we play twice. The only sides we play twice from last years top 8 are Rabbits, Eels, Roosters and Storm.
That's probably the best we could hope for IMHO.

Cowboys
Rabbits
Titans
Panthers
Cowboys

Sharks
Eels
Manly
Rabbits
Dragons
Bulldogs
Bye
Warriors
Roosters
Storm
Panthers

Raiders
Knights
Warriors
Eels

Tigers
Titans
Knights
Storm

Roosters

Last edited:
Strange that they haven’t included any dates for the semi finals and grand final.

Some people can only attend day games, for a variety of reasons, so it kinda sucks when we get a grand total of one whole game to choose from.

But yeah, okay, we'll get the chip off our shoulder.

i was talking about the difficulty of the draw. But yeah I didn’t consider that before my post

Titans got royally fucked by the draw alright. They have to play 24 games against teams that finished higher than them on the ladder...

Big job ahead for Holbrook

Last edited:
i was talking about the difficulty of the draw. But yeah I didn’t consider that before my post
You're also forgetting one of the most important parts about daytime games.

Kids and families attend day time football in far higher numbers than they do on a Thursday or Friday night.

What the NRL is doing by condemning us to basically no daytime football is seriously impacting our ability to get kids along to the games and win their hearts and minds and eventually their loyalty as a new generation of fans.

Even if they stay home and watch it on TV, which is a far less effective way to engage them as a fan, it's still hard to win over the kids when most of our games are finishing well past their bed time.

Year after year of no daytime football in Brisbane is going to really hurt us some day, mark my words.

Kids and families attend day time football in far higher numbers than they do on a Thursday or Friday night.

What the NRL is doing by condemning us to basically no daytime football is seriously impacting our ability to get kids along to the games and win their hearts and minds and eventually their loyalty as a new generation of fans.

Even if they stay home and watch it on TV, which is a far less effective way to engage them as a fan, it's still hard to win over the kids when most of our games are finishing well past their bed time.

Year after year of no daytime football in Brisbane is going to really hurt us some day, mark my words.

Yeah again, was only talking about the difficulty of the games, not when they’re played.

Was only thinking of this the other day... the Broncos are potentially verging on missing out on a generation of younger fans since we have been basically pigeonholed into Friday night football.

We've basically had Friday night football ever since the rights deal included 2 Friday games, which was probably 2007/08??

That's pushing 12-13 years now.

The impact I would say is that we attract the 18-30 market with disposable income, but we don't get kids, families and longer time fans.

That group of 18-30's are now 30-40 and with kids, mortgages, etc. and have far less income to put towards football or time to go out on a Friday night.... but the kids that are now 18-30 have no connection to the Broncos if they weren't able to attend games.

Just another shortsighted vision from the NSWRL who quite frankly don't give two shits about QLD, but if they lose a generation of QLD kids because they have no affiliation with the flagstone club in the state all of a sudden AFL catches up and league suddenly becomes the majority sport in only 1 state on the east coast and TV demand diminishes along with that cash from the TV rights deal

To be honest, I don't think kids really always need to attend games to become big fans. I think having a massive free to air exposure helps just as much, if not more, especially as NRL is probably one of the most made-for-TV team sports on the planet.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  • Broncs1459
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Big Del
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.