Brisbane Broncos News on BHQ

Do you want BroncosHQ to contain a dedicated news section?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe - Provide info if able

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Over the past 24 months, especially the last 6, we have been making an attempt to make sure any important Broncos news is posted here, in a dedicated thread for discussion. This way it doesn't get lost as post number 341334 in a 348753^6 post thread.

For years BroncosHQ has wanted to go a step further, and twice, the site has moved to a site that serves both news (with comments) and a forum to discuss that news. Both times in the past, they have been a failure. This was never due to traffic, but because we could never hold down people who were willing to write and post articles for us, and well, the site just wasn't in a position to take on what is essentially an entirely new beast to take care of.

I believe we are in a far better position than we were those first two times, and I think we can pull it off this time, maybe.

So I want to see if there is any interest. I'll do a fancy (not fancy at all) list below with some info, but I'm extremely keen to hear from people.

Is this something you want? Is this something you would use? Do you think we need it? Do you have ideas on how you would like to see it implemented, perhaps differently than most 'news' sites do it.

This is the logical next step for us, so hopefully I'm not the only one that wants to do it.

- Articles written in house & via other media agencies with links to the full article, and forum post
- Comments on articles will also be posts in the thread to stop dual discussions
- Option per account to view the news side, or forum side of the site when going to broncoshq.com
- Updated daily (when news is actually available and worthy of your time)
- Ability to report a bad article, or incorrect information (like reporting a bad post)
- RSS Feeds available

So.... thoughts?

I usually just come to the main Broncos forum page to find out new stuff. I find it helpful because I like to see what other peoples opinions are on the matter.

Moar info. Are we talking:

Option 1) Just reposted articles from the major news sites?

Option 2) like a Zero Tackle kind of deal where it appears like a news site but it's effectively just rehashed, rewritten stuff from other sources?

Option 3) more like opinion pieces?

An opinion piece could be okay, but it depends whose opinion it is, lol.

Personally, I kinda like the way it is now. I think it's SF who posts articles to the main Broncos forum? For me, it means I can just come to the one place and pick what I wanna read.

Moar info. Are we talking:

Option 1) Just reposted articles from the major news sites?

Option 2) like a Zero Tackle kind of deal where it appears like a news site but it's effectively just rehashed, rewritten stuff from other sources?

Option 3) more like opinion pieces?

Between option 1 and 3. Zero tackle just copy past the first few paragraphs.

What's that? You want opinionated people to write columns for BHQ?

18364.JPG

If you need articles reposted from other sites, I can probably setup something to do that.

Might detract from the personal touch of a real person doing it themselves though.

So I want to see if there is any interest.

So.... thoughts?

Nashy , i would be extremely keen to be involved in some capacity in your wonderful new venture. If you are needing any assistance of course.

Please feel free to respond to my inbox an i can forward you my phone number to discuss in more details, thankyou. Will be free after tonight game or tomorrow if you like .

FaithInHook appears when this thread is posted but not seen before...

Hmmm...

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • LGH
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.