Brisbane Broncos News on BHQ

Do you want BroncosHQ to contain a dedicated news section?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe - Provide info if able

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nashy , i would be extremely keen to be involved in some capacity in your wonderful new venture. If you are needing any assistance of course.

Please feel free to respond to my inbox an i can forward you my phone number to discuss in more details, thankyou. Will be free after tonight game or tomorrow if you like .

Onya Faithy! Your posts are usually bloody quality and I am always keen to read your insights into the game as you do seem to have an extensive knowledge of all things NRL. The more of you the better imo. BHQ isn't the same without you and many of us become concerned when you go prolonged periods without posting. Understandable given your many commitments to hubby, kids, work etc. Bless.

If you need articles reposted from other sites, I can probably setup something to do that.

Might detract from the personal touch of a real person doing it themselves though.

My vision would see a mix of both. It's important that new articles are posted as news becomes available, not as people who can write them do.

Our scraper might be able to do it, I just need to dig in, but I will hit you up if we go ahead and need some help!

Sometimes it takes me multiple paragraphs into a Big Pete post before I realise it's not an article from the paper. He'd be perfect for this.
@Big Pete is a much better writer than any rugby league journo... more knowledgeable as well

Sounds like a great idea but it will only work if Kyall, PerthBrissy and CakeGG are in charge of it.

While in theory it's a great idea, I still think bias will be present in everyone's self-written work. No matter who it is on here, they all have it, or at least perceived by others.

Depending on how much the mods want to do or enforce, the comments/replies will end in the same, if not more, bickering and sniping that happens now. An option is to lock posts, but then what's the point? It'll let it go potentially unchecked or just appear in a separate thread

While in theory it's a great idea, I still think bias will be present in everyone's self-written work. No matter who it is on here, they all have it, or at least perceived by others.

Depending on how much the mods want to do or enforce, the comments/replies will end in the same, if not more, bickering and sniping that happens now. An option is to lock posts, but then what's the point? It'll let it go potentially unchecked or just appear in a separate thread

While you call it bickering, some call it arguing, I call it discussion. In regard to comments, it would be no different to it is now in regard to people replying.

While you call it bickering, some call it arguing, I call it discussion. In regard to comments, it would be no different to it is now in regard to people replying.

Most replies are fine currently, but there's still many that will have a shot, both personally at the poster and also their opinion (which tend to go hand in hand). I'm just concerned that will increase due to an undercurrent of 'their opinion is shit, why are they 'official'', and dealing with the fallout will make them more trouble than they're worth and people decide to quit doing them.

I'm not saying don't do it, just making sure the 'cons' gets brought up and acknowledged before it goes ahead

"Cons", hey. Now we're dragging drug users in to this thread???

Sounds like a great idea ... I know I'm a one-eyed Broncs supporter but I detect a real anti-Broncos/Bennett flavor in a lot of the articles on zero tackle and other sites. I'm not sure if our forum is read by the players/staff at Red Hill but I think one major benefit of extending the reach and uniqueness of BHQ would be to try and have a 'place at the table' when interviews are being held ... maybe, dare I say it, a few 'exclusives' here and there. I know I'm dreaming big but .. hey .. we're the real fans, the guys who pay at the gate and this would be a great opportunity for the club to reach the grass roots outside of the somewhat sanitized content of their official website.

On a related note, I still think a podcast could be a viable exercise. Broncos Weekly exists, but it's far from perfect and a bit on the side of placating the 'general' fan as well as very 'safe'. I think BHQ could do better - in content, diverse opinions, structure and coverage and also reach. A lot of fans either don't know or don't care about the forum, but that could change. It can be a part of the forum too, provided the feedback doesn't get out of hand.

You could have one or two set 'hosts' and a rotating roster of forum members to keep it fresh. Could also maybe potentially (but probably not) get the odd player or staff interview if it gains enough traction.

It's cool if the hierarchy have already decided they don't want to do one. Just a thought about an alternative if this news thing doesn't happen.

Unread

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • cento
  • Alec
  • Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.