Brisbane Broncos News on BHQ

Do you want BroncosHQ to contain a dedicated news section?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe - Provide info if able

Results are only viewable after voting.
On a related note, I still think a podcast could be a viable exercise. Broncos Weekly exists, but it's far from perfect and a bit on the side of placating the 'general' fan as well as very 'safe'. I think BHQ could do better - in content, diverse opinions, structure and coverage and also reach. A lot of fans either don't know or don't care about the forum, but that could change. It can be a part of the forum too, provided the feedback doesn't get out of hand.

You could have one or two set 'hosts' and a rotating roster of forum members to keep it fresh. Could also maybe potentially (but probably not) get the odd player or staff interview if it gains enough traction.

It's cool if the hierarchy have already decided they don't want to do one. Just a thought about an alternative if this news thing doesn't happen.

This has been on the idea shelf for years. While we haven't asked for a while, we've not been able to secure people to make sure we can keep it a weekly thing.

Certainly interested to look into it again if people are more interested. The issue is usually finding willing participants who can dedicate the time.

On a related note, I still think a podcast could be a viable exercise. Broncos Weekly exists, but it's far from perfect and a bit on the side of placating the 'general' fan as well as very 'safe'. I think BHQ could do better - in content, diverse opinions, structure and coverage and also reach. A lot of fans either don't know or don't care about the forum, but that could change. It can be a part of the forum too, provided the feedback doesn't get out of hand.

You could have one or two set 'hosts' and a rotating roster of forum members to keep it fresh. Could also maybe potentially (but probably not) get the odd player or staff interview if it gains enough traction.

It's cool if the hierarchy have already decided they don't want to do one. Just a thought about an alternative if this news thing doesn't happen.

I said it a while ago and will say it again. Do a podcast fellas. Do it.

I will be happy to come on this podcast a month in to every season to tell you which players I think are still carrying too much Christmas weight.

Spoiler: It's Milford & Thaiday every season.

I have a professional sounding voice if I slow it down enough. I assume someone else will need to write content for me though.

Could we do a podcast on religion? We could base our content on our closed religion thread? It will certainly be a fiery topic.
Could get Morkel and someone else(?) to do a podcast together

Could we do a podcast on religion? We could base our content on our closed religion thread? It will certainly be a fiery topic.
Could get Morkel and someone else(?) to do a podcast together

Anyone got some riot sound effects?

What about a rotating podcast?

Someone different each month.

At the moment I'm not super confident the Broncos are going to continue supporting us. Communication has taken a nose dive since our contact left the business. So most things will revolve around that. Hoping we don't have to move the server offshore again.

I have the time to do a podcast each week. But then again, I'm not that great at putting my thoughts into words so perhaps I'm not the best candidate.

I think there is another thing that could possibly have a benefit to the forum, though.

Breakdowns of Broncos tries. Season reviews, game previews & reviews etc (but I suppose those last two could be put in the podcast). Someone writes it out, I put it together.

No one else does that. Not only that, but it gets the NRL off my fucking back.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.