Brisbane Broncos tipped for giant halves shake-up

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Brisbane Broncos tipped for giant halves shake-up

news.com.au

THE Broncos could be set for a major shake-up as rumours over the club seeking out playmakers to fill their halves pick up speed.

NRL journalist James Hooper says there are whispers Brisbane is looking into securing Eels gun Mitchell Moses and Sydney Roosters star Sean O’Sullivan.

“The name I keep hearing is Mitchell Moses,” Hooper told NRL360 on Wednesday night.

“He was very close to joining the Brisbane Broncos when he was in dialogue with Parramatta previously.

“He ended up going to the Eels, but I think if Mitchell Moses was to go to Parramatta and ask for a release I’m not sure they’d stand in his way.

“Peter Nolan does the recruitment at the Broncos and previously he had Mitchell Moses on a list — he wanted to sign him, but Wayne torpedoed it. Wayne wasn’t a fan for whatever reason and decided that wasn’t what they needed.

“I think Peter Nolan is still pushing to get Mitchell Moses to the club. I’m not sure whether Wayne’s a fan at this point or not.”

Hooper said he was confident the Broncos had already signed O’Sullivan to their roster for the 2019 season. O’Sullivan’s brother-in-law tie with Broncos forward Matt Lodge could also be a major factor in him leaving Sydney.

“It hasn’t been announced yet, but I’m very confident,” Hooper said. “Sean O’Sullivan’s sister is actually married to Matt Lodge. I think you’ll see him move up to Brisbane next season. I’m not saying he’s been signed as an NRL halfback — he’s only a teenager at this point, but clearly in his debut for the Roosters, the young bloke can play.”

Broncos mainstays Alex Glenn and Corey Oates could be jumping ship from Brisbane as the club prepares for the future with contract extensions for young forwards Payne Haas, Jamayne Isaako and Jaydn Su’a.

“I’ve heard Corey Oates is on his way to North Queensland and perhaps Alex Glenn might be joining the Titans,” Former Queensland half Ben Ikin said.

“It makes sense to me. You’re spending all this money on this young forward pack and there’s not a hell of a lot of room left.

“You’ve already got Jack Bird on $950,000, Anthony Milford on close to $1 million, Darius Boyd the captain’s got to be on huge money, James Roberts is an Origin centre, Jamayne Isaako’s just re-signed — something’s got to give.”

Hooper said he “heard whispers about Oates and Glenn” with the former tipped to head north to the Cowboys.

“(Oates is) in a managerial dispute at the moment so he’s currently waiting to finish his existing arrangement with his existing manager, his father-in-law is Gene Miles so he’s been doing a lot of negotiating behind the scenes.

“It makes sense for the North Queensland Cowboys. There was big money being attached to Corey Oates at one point and I’m not sure the Cowboys would want to spend that much on a winger.”

source: Courier Mail

Ladies and Gentleman ...

it seems the media haven't decided on Jack Bird's contract value yet, as we have a new contract figure for him ...

Let's recap the values (sorry if i miss some, hard to keep track, there has been that many lol)

950k - current version
1 million
1.2 million

the Jack Bird saga, is a perfect example on why you should immediately disregard any figure reported in the media

Last edited:
Mitchell Moses is pretty shit for his probable asking price IMO.

Alfie's current value is $8.6 millionaire still rising. Fekkin clowns the lot of them.

How australian rugby league rumours start....

“Random words-insert random player-insert random club-random words”

Rumour confirmed once repeated by another journalist citing inital journalist saying it as evidence.

If rumour does not turn out to be true (90% liklihood) then “reporter” then says things like “things change” or “they were about to sign but (insert club not mentioned previously) came in with a late offer he couldnt refuse”.....

Australian journalism never ceases to amaze me

I think it's his snide attitude Benny is turned off by. I've noticed how quick he is to insist to the ref that a player should be sinned binned. Youthful exuberance may be, but a very poor look in terms of sportsmanship. Another thing that others have also mentioned is his preponderance to blame others around him when things go pear-shaped. Having said that he has natural talent, but I'm not sure he's worth the effort. Snides are team morale killers.

and in other news...

Ridge wants to get back with Brooke...but!...wait for it...his evil twin brother Wedge is waiting in the wings, waiting for his time to strike!

But!...wait for it...Victor Newman has returned! How can that be? He died on the Titanic!

I know it's a guilty pleasure now and it's trendy to rag on Jim Cameron but don't act like you never saw it.

At the very least, can we stop pretending that NRL and WWE are poles apart? Surely they're within farting distance?

Agreed. I can, however, see the Eels paying a huge amount of his salary, possibly over half. They're that dumb.

This was on 360 in the exact conversation they were proclaiming foul over us resigning our young guns under the cap and not 5 minutes later they drop this and actually act like it is a scoop. Idiots the lot of them. Moses is not an orginiser and will clash with Milf for sure.

Ladies and Gentleman ...

it seems the media haven't decided on Jack Bird's contract value yet, as we have a new contract figure for him ...

Let's recap the values (sorry if i miss some, hard to keep track, there has been that many lol)

950k - current version
1 million
1.2 million

the Jack Bird saga, is a perfect example on why you should immediately disregard any figure reported in the media

I’ll do some digging on days off (5 in a row off now) and link an article to each of those figures. Should be fun...

Might start doing with all our players come to think of it... Can cut and paste each link to Badel, P. Kunt, Slothfield, Hooper, Weidler, Dobbo and all the other rubbish masquerading as ‘journalists’ and so forth...

I'd take Moses if Parra wants to pay half his salary for the remainder of the contract, big upgrade on Nikorima, even if he is a cheeky little ****.

This was on 360 in the exact conversation they were proclaiming foul over us resigning our young guns under the cap and not 5 minutes later they drop this and actually act like it is a scoop. Idiots the lot of them. Moses is not an orginiser and will clash with Milf for sure.
Nobody likes to see us sign young talent, they all crack fats whenever they can say a bronco gun has signed elsewhere.

We don’t need no Mitchell Moses
We don’t need that little troll
We don’t need no Mitchell Moses
Hey, Nolan, leave that prick alone.....

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • whykickamoocow
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • heartly87
  • Financeguy
  • azza.79
  • Confidor
  • davidp
  • Johnny92
  • Redfern_1980
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.