Brisbane Broncos vs Wynnum Seagulls

Agreed.

One of my concerns with the Taylor obsession around here is that we might become blind to other options.

Let's assume that in November we sign Taylor for 2019 and Titans don't release him for 2018 (which they probably won't) and Scarlett or Nikorima gets the job for 2018 and they turn out to be the perfect compliment for Milf and they do a Shane Perry and win a comp or something like that?

What then?

Pretty sure Bennett can determine that . Kodi will have his chance you would think , but there is no chance he compliments milf better than Taylor.

23 is a bit old if you haven't already made your first grade debut. To think that he is going to walk in and assume the halfback role on the most famous RL club of the modern era is preposterous. I stand by my previous statement. He will never play a game despite the story in tomorrow's CM.

DCE and Cody walker (just to name a few off the top of my head) say hi.

Pretty sure Bennett can determine that . Kodi will have his chance you would think , but there is no chance he compliments milf better than Taylor.
Pagey i have to ask... why do you say kodi doesnt compliment milf if we havent seen them over a long period of time working together.

Pagey i have to ask... why do you say kodi doesnt compliment milf if we havent seen them over a long period of time working together.

Common sense, Nikorima has been around the Broncos system a long time, whilst he's played Halfback before early in his career, that was more so due to necessity and/or lack of better options, he's a brilliant runner of the ball, and puts in the occasional decent chip/grubber. He's the definition of a poor mans version of Milford, so to say that putting him alongside him would work out just doesn't even seem remotely plausible.

I'm sure we could try it, and it'd be fun to watch, but it's not going to get us to where we need to be by replacing Hunt with someone who also can't kick or control a game at a high level.

Age isn't the issue with Scarlett.

As others have noted, Cronk, JT, Maloney, Cherry-Evans, Hodkinson etc. all came of age at a similar age. The difference is they had shown more in the lower levels to be granted a shot. Scarlett is an honest player, but he's yet to maintain any form of consistensy or demonstrate he has the skills required to lead a Top 4 NRL team across the park.

Age isn't the issue with Scarlett.

As others have noted, Cronk, JT, Maloney, Cherry-Evans, Hodkinson etc. all came of age at a similar age. The difference is they had shown more in the lower levels to be granted a shot. Scarlett is an honest player, but he's yet to maintain any form of consistensy or demonstrate he has the skills required to lead a Top 4 NRL team across the park.
I'm not recommending dumping hunt this year or committing to Scarlett or Nikorima long term but there's a year left waiting for the likes of Taylor to come off contract. These trials will give us some indication of where they stand with regard to next year at least. Then wb gets into their ear and let's them know what he wants to see in development, then re-access at origin and later at the end of isc. If they fail, theyre let go, knowing they had their chance. I'd also committ a couple of ex-halves to mentor them during it. I'd assume this is already happening.

I just think he is to similar to milf mate . From what I've seen he is a running half or more so a fullback. We need someone who can control a game and have a good kicking game.

DCE and Cody walker (just to name a few off the top of my head) say hi.
I never said it didn't occur but it's extremely rare. Scarlett is no DCE, he is just another second tier toiler who will bounce around a few organisations hoping for a crack that will never come. Plus he's one of many being mentioned because his club happen to have a vacancy coming up in a year. He won't be filling that vacancy.

He may or may not. The way I see it is we need a player who can get the jobs done, a player who can compliment those around him and even let them shine while he toils. A good example is Blake Green, he was pulled into the storm just to compliment cronk and the rest of the stars he was not bought in to be a star. Im not saying we need to be complacent in the pick but very smart. We could balance the budget, allowing us to secure our young forwards while allowing our stars to be stars. There is a small part of me that thinks Hunt left because he was no longer the star half at the club. Milf was overshadowibg him. I don't care who it is in the end, I just want success any way I can have it.

Wynnum are pushing hard on ticket sales, so it may not be streamed...

Nothing on Broncs FB page or the Wynnum Manly webpage about it being streamed...

Active Now

• Organix
  • Stix
  • lynx000
  • scobie
  • MTF75
  • Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • cento
  • Xzei
  • YeahNahMate
  • barker
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • jd87
  • pennywisealfie
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.