NEWS Brisbane can't afford to wait for Milford

Milford certainly cops plenty on here but he isn't going that bad. The other night was his first real hit out after major surgery on his shoulder and he looked a little tentative because of it which is natural. During the stretch and playoff drive of last year, he was consistently our best player despite that bung shoulder. The likes of Milf, Boyd, Moose, Gillo etc will be just fine and will do their job. It's their large supporting cast that I have deep reservations about.

I can understand the view and the optimism, but are you genuinely ok with the way Boyd is leading the side?

I can understand the view and the optimism, but are you genuinely ok with the way Boyd is leading the side?
I can't think of anybody else who would lead the side better than he. Obviously, he is struggling with fitness and the like and I do wish he had a burst of speed in him. But his experience is invaluable and at full fitness is a very effective player. It's not like there is someone readymade to slot into the FB position. He will get better with each week as he recovers from his ailments and hopefully that will coincide with the team as well.

We played bad but one thing we should keep in mind is that most of the teams that won on the weekend won’t hold their spot in the right by finals.

Warriors, tigers, Gold Coast, and the knights. At least 3 of these teams will drop out of the 8 by season end.

My point is, one game isn’t a good enough data sample to judge a whole season on. We may build into something quite good by the right time of the year.

We played bad but one thing we should keep in mind is that most of the teams that won on the weekend won’t hold their spot in the right by finals.

Warriors, tigers, Gold Coast, and the knights. At least 3 of these teams will drop out of the 8 by season end.

My point is, one game isn’t a good enough data sample to judge a whole season on. We may build into something quite good by the right time of the year.

Of course and it needs to also be noted that those of us who are being quite negative want this to absolutely be the case. The problem isn't the loss itself, it is the way the loss occurred.

Of course and it needs to also be noted that those of us who are being quite negative want this to absolutely be the case. The problem isn't the loss itself, it is the way the loss occurred.
Definitely, I still have all the faith in the world in the boys that we’ve got. The only thing that really worries me is we seem like we’re picking up where we left off last year.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • bert_lifts
  • ettybay
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • Big Del
  • Dexter
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • BruiserMk1
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Scdeac
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.