-NEWS- Brisbane chairman Karl Morris: Shitbold survives

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I do consider the chance that we were drilled to play a more Melbourne style tuck defence before the break, and our methods were inherently not only redundant, but detrimental to the new rules.

With young folk, turning this around is a massive turning circle.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Alex Glenn busted his backside for the team the other night. Not his fault things went pear-shaped.
4 runs for 34 metres.

Glenn hasn't been an effective player in several years, regardless of his effort level. He's lucky we're in desperate need of leadership at the moment, because in terms of quantifiable performances, he's not first grade standard anymore.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
I’m off him after this. He’s not just calling out bullying, he’s calling out anyone who has criticisms. Stop rubbing it in our faces that we are only fans and our opinions mean **** all. The club has treated us like we are only fans for years now. We pay our hard earned money on memberships and jerseys and everything else to have our say about the club and where it’s headed off and on the field and if the captain (by default) doesn’t want to hear them then he can **** off to a club that doesn’t have any fans at all.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
I’m off him after this. He’s not just calling out bullying, he’s calling out anyone who has criticisms. Stop rubbing it in our faces that we are only fans and our opinions mean **** all. The club has treated us like we are only fans for years now. We pay our hard earned money on memberships and jerseys and everything else to have our say about the club and where it’s headed off and on the field and if the captain (by default) doesn’t want to hear them then he can **** off to a club that doesn’t have any fans at all.
You are. We are.

Our say begins and ends with our choice to watch the product on tv, buy memberships and gear and attend games. You don't get a say in where the club is headed. He's not rubbing your face in anything. Fans are owed more on the field, that's it.

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell
Alex Glenn busted his backside for the team the other night. Not his fault things went pear-shaped.
He looked alright in an awful team. He isn't really first grade standard and wouldn't make the starting squad in any other side in the comp and wouldn't crack the 17 in any of the quality sides. And this guy is the skipper. One of the many things wrong with the organization atm.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Not sure if this belongs here but Bennett has unloaded on Morris and the club blaming him for the roster. Im sure McHunt will post an abbreviated version of the story

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
Not sure if this belongs here but Bennett has unloaded on Morris and the club blaming him for the roster. Im sure McHunt will post an abbreviated version of the story
Have only seen the fox sports article but all the quotes in that one was Wayne talking about the actual personnel, indicating that the squad Seibold inherited was considered by many to be a top 4 team... I don't think many would disagree that the team he inherited was fine; however Morris is clearly referring to certain contracts that Seibold has inherited.

In the fox article it only mentions that
Wayne indicates he's 1 of 4 on a panel for recruitment and retention

Last edited:

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Nothing article containing no new information other than Wayne’s opinion.
Really?? Isn't that the exact reason what it's not nothing. Bennett is a piling on the pressure calling BS to some of the excuses coming from the Board.
These guys are trying to create some wiggle room but keep getting shut down and buried by the media.
This is relentless. Badel has just posted another article on Moose leaving.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Nothing article containing no new information other than Wayne’s opinion.
Maybe, it is in keeping with a number of other sources including player managers and Louise Lanagan, possibly White expanded on his role on an article before too. From the very specific statements Wayne made I wouldn't call it opinion, unless you'd call anything from Morris/White/Seibold an opinion too. These are all direct quotes so I think I'm allowed to use them here:
"There was four of us on the panel there on the salary cap committee," Bennett said.

"It was Paul White (chief executive), Darren Lockyer (board member), Peter Nolan (recruitment manager) and myself. Every player that went or left there, we all agreed or had discussions about it. I never did one deal with one player. Peter Nolan handled that with Paul White. In Darius Boyd's case, Paul White did all that. But we all agreed Darius should stay and we all agreed on that.

"Most times I didn't know what the players were getting. I had a round figure because you knew what the managers were asking for, but I never followed up what we ended up paying for them because we all wanted them at the club. They did the deals. That's how it worked. I won't take the criticism because I wasn't working as a sole agent. I was working as part of a team of four blokes."

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
All I took from it was Wayne thinks we were a top 4 side.
What I took from it was Bennett is correcting the record that he was solely responsible for leaving the club with salary cap issues and that 3 of the 4 are still in charge of our recruiting.
WB further distanced himself by saying we were a top 4 side so basically saying what AS and the current members of the recruitment committee did with this squad is on them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hadeswolf

Twitter