NEWS Brisbane chairman Karl Morris: Shitbold survives

So it seems that Lockyer has been tapped to lead a review/investigation? Nothing against Locky, loved him to bits as a player, but he doesn't fill me with confidence as an administrator. Surely at this point they need to get an independent set of eyes onto the situation. No one currently involved in the club, no one with a history with the club. Hell, could even be someone outside of league. But I think they need a proper independent review before they'll get anywhere...
At the very least Lockyer knows that you don't sub your perfectly healthy fullback with the last sub with 15 minutes to go ffs.

It’s what we have to go through to get to where we are going. I thoroughly believe this. I mean, what goes up, must come down. Let’s hope we bounce well.
We didn’t need a rebuild. We needed a halfback. So much of what has happened has been really unnecessary. If the board want to win back some fans they need to be honest about why any of this happened

Obviously bench use is something he needs to work on. I was more referring to his game plans.

I take you back to Round 1 last year against Melbourne. I actually liked the way we looked, we were then a monster against Cowboys and things were looking pretty. However, we slid off the side of a hill with injuries and Boyd stinking things up. It's not like he's had the luxury of selecting his 17 best players each week, he also hasn't had much luck with injuries. Look, I'm not excusing what has happened and he needs to take a fair bit of blame for the way things have gone, I just think he is not being able to represent himself fully as a coach.
You’re literally excusing what has happened though

Is this a legitimate quote?
5C142A6E 8DFD 4641 B70F 347630E1C60C

Alex Glenn busted his backside for the team the other night. Not his fault things went pear-shaped.

4 runs for 34 metres.

Glenn hasn't been an effective player in several years, regardless of his effort level. He's lucky we're in desperate need of leadership at the moment, because in terms of quantifiable performances, he's not first grade standard anymore.

I’m off him after this. He’s not just calling out bullying, he’s calling out anyone who has criticisms. Stop rubbing it in our faces that we are only fans and our opinions mean **** all. The club has treated us like we are only fans for years now. We pay our hard earned money on memberships and jerseys and everything else to have our say about the club and where it’s headed off and on the field and if the captain (by default) doesn’t want to hear them then he can **** off to a club that doesn’t have any fans at all.

I’m off him after this. He’s not just calling out bullying, he’s calling out anyone who has criticisms. Stop rubbing it in our faces that we are only fans and our opinions mean **** all. The club has treated us like we are only fans for years now. We pay our hard earned money on memberships and jerseys and everything else to have our say about the club and where it’s headed off and on the field and if the captain (by default) doesn’t want to hear them then he can **** off to a club that doesn’t have any fans at all.

You are. We are.

Our say begins and ends with our choice to watch the product on tv, buy memberships and gear and attend games. You don't get a say in where the club is headed. He's not rubbing your face in anything. Fans are owed more on the field, that's it.

4 runs for 34 metres.

Glenn hasn't been an effective player in several years, regardless of his effort level. He's lucky we're in desperate need of leadership at the moment, because in terms of quantifiable performances, he's not first grade standard anymore.

He’s really really good at calling for the “one set” after a turnover.

Alex Glenn busted his backside for the team the other night. Not his fault things went pear-shaped.
He looked alright in an awful team. He isn't really first grade standard and wouldn't make the starting squad in any other side in the comp and wouldn't crack the 17 in any of the quality sides. And this guy is the skipper. One of the many things wrong with the organization atm.

Not sure if this belongs here but Bennett has unloaded on Morris and the club blaming him for the roster. Im sure McHunt will post an abbreviated version of the story

Not sure if this belongs here but Bennett has unloaded on Morris and the club blaming him for the roster. Im sure McHunt will post an abbreviated version of the story

I never want to hear about Bennett unloading.

Have only seen the fox sports article but all the quotes in that one was Wayne talking about the actual personnel, indicating that the squad Seibold inherited was considered by many to be a top 4 team... I don't think many would disagree that the team he inherited was fine; however Morris is clearly referring to certain contracts that Seibold has inherited.

In the fox article it only mentions that
Wayne indicates he's 1 of 4 on a panel for recruitment and retention

Last edited:
Nothing article containing no new information other than Wayne’s opinion.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Morkel
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Organix
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.