Brisbane - Dragqueens Spoilers and Match Discussion

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
I don't know if we can back that up for the next 6 weeks though. [icon_shru
All things being equal, I think it's easier for a team to start peaking now and back it up for the next 6 weeks than it is for a side to play out of their skins for a 26 round comp plus finals.

Having said that, last week and Friday night mean nothing if they can't back it up against the cowboys. It's a game that everyone will now be expecting them to win, and a game they must win given the closeness of the competition. My dragons supporting mate made a good point on Saturday night. In years past, the team that comes first or second would expect a relatively easy game 1 of the finals series, generally going up against a team that just scraped into the finals. This year, the teams that finish 7th or 8th are going to be teams who have had numerous wins in a row and in red hot form. I was critical of this years comp a couple of weeks ago, but I think given this, this years finals series should be a cracker.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Emma said:
mrslong said:
I don't know if we can back that up for the next 6 weeks though. [icon_shru
All things being equal, I think it's easier for a team to start peaking now and back it up for the next 6 weeks than it is for a side to play out of their skins for a 26 round comp plus finals.

Having said that, last week and Friday night mean nothing if they can't back it up against the cowboys. It's a game that everyone will now be expecting them to win, and a game they must win given the closeness of the competition. My dragons supporting mate made a good point on Saturday night. In years past, the team that comes first or second would expect a relatively easy game 1 of the finals series, generally going up against a team that just scraped into the finals. This year, the teams that finish 7th or 8th are going to be teams who have had numerous wins in a row and in red hot form. I was critical of this years comp a couple of weeks ago, but I think given this, this years finals series should be a cracker.

a month ago it looked like the top 8 was set in stone, now however, 1 loss d\can dump you from 5th to 10th or a win can lift you straight into the top 8. i haven't seen a comp this close before. usually 26 or 28 points will get you into the finals. this year even Melbourne who are on 29 points arn't guaranteed a finals place... it is just crazy

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree with Emma re: the Cowboys game. In fact, I think it's imperative the Broncos win their last 2 games.

Manly have 2 home games and should win them (vs Sharks and Titans).
Newcastle have relatively easy games against Canberra (away) and Penrith (home). I say relatively because they could conceivably drop one or both, but on form you'd think they'd win them.

Storm have a gimme game this week at home against the Roosters, but then a tricky away trip to Auckland to play the Warriors in the last round.

If Knights, Manly and Broncos win their last 2 games, and Melbourne drops the Warriors game, the Broncos will finish 6th and play Titans at Skilled, while Manly play Newcastle at home, and Bulldogs/Dragons play the Storm who will finish 7th.

What we DON'T want is for Newcastle to drop either game in that scenario. Last thing we want is to play Manly at Brookvale in the first week of the finals.

Best case scenario:

1. Raiders or Panthers beat Knights
2. Titans beat Manly
3. Warriors beat Storm
4. Broncos win both games

Broncos finish 4th, Storm 5th, and we play them in the semis at Suncorp. LOLZ.

Dreaming.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
That would be awesome, I am hoping all of that comes to pass.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Cronulla gave the Titans a decent run so we should own them ;)

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Titans seem to be doing enough to win and not much more at the moment. I think they'll need to make a statement in their next two games. Particularly their final round against Manly at Brookvale.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Honestly it's 2006 again from what I'm seeing - Manly were hot, then lost like 2-3 in a row and only just beat a wobbly Storm. The Storm are on their last legs, and without Inglis they're no chance. Even with him they're on shaky ground. The Dragons' aura of invincibility is all but gone now, with the Raiders and the Broncos showing how to beat them, and to beat them pretty comprehensively. They still may lose the Minor Premiership that was all but wrapped up weeks ago. The Titans, like Coxy said, just seem to be doing enough to win, and despite being in the top 4, honestly don't seem like they have the resolve or talent to win the premiership.

All the top teams are falling away, and the Broncos are starting to click. 2006 all over again.

In my opinion, the teams to watch are the Eels, Broncos, and Bulldogs. 1 of those 3 will be the premiers.

A

ALH

QCup Player
Mar 7, 2008
I can't see Parra winning as they will need to continue this form and you can't stay up for games for such a long period.

I think Brisbane, Dragons or Dogs will be the eventual premiers.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I don't think the Broncos/Dragons game will have an overly strong formline out of it to be honest. That was an extremely arrogant training run for the dragons. They are right in this.

Active Now

• broncotville
  • kman
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mr Fourex
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Brocko
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.