Brisbane - Dragqueens Spoilers and Match Discussion

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
kjnbhvfytkvjvytkvhjnkjhyugnyihiokokiohiyhlmihuihkjl;kiouighkjlyguhkjl;kgftyughkjlm;miyuhkjnluiyuhjkb
yhgkjkhkyuhjkljiygkljhkuyjhklliyukjykujliugkjyuikughjiy7ughjiyftrdfytulukhjnltfryghjk4wsftrchbinjwzrext
extrcuvgihbnjeryctuvghbnjetxuvghbnj5eyruvr6duvtyihbnj6rdyuvgiu5d7ftygi6rd7ftuygig6rd7ftygi7ftygrttt
ihykjliopo;krsccwsdcwedsaxzewdsfxzwdsfrtgfhnbythgkmhj,imhjk,j,kjhgndfscasbroncosforthewinwqedasq
e3rdfrdsftwesdfwedsfwesdfrwesdfwedsfwedsfrwedszsfwedsafwredsfwedsazfwesafdewdsagftrhytkjtghfgs
ewfrsdfcresdgtrfghjytgfjgfjgfhersdzceafdceasfetrhtukghmihjkmnrfdsrfdeasdrewsdgvtdfgvdsfwesdfefffff
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
That was the best performance for an 80 minute collective effort I have ever seen from the Broncos considering the venue, opposition (who played well) and penalty count. Every player can hold their head up and it is a compliment to them that Henjak left the 15 of them out there. I cannot fault one single player tonight everyone did a job and our defense through the middle was the best I can ever remember.

McCullough came of age tonight with some smart kicks and some superb tackling. Lockyer was solid rather than last weeks spectacular and he played the right hand tonight in a tight and tough affair. Te'o and Hodges were excellent defensively and the two wingers had great moments when called upon. Taylor is an absolute nightmare and I am so sad he is leaving because he is coming of age week after week. Even Parker and Thaiday ran straight and hard and they both engaged the attacker in defense (something the whole team excelled at which limited their offloads). Sims had what I would describe as his best NRL game because he was excellent in attack and defense when his good games previously he has been good at one or the other and Setu got pretty involved and made some great impact in defense.

I don't want to get carried away but that was a finals audition of the highest order we absolutely suffocated a high quality footy side that completed its sets and threw plenty at us, I couldn't be much happier with this win.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
KrispyKris said:
pennywisealfie said:
kjnbhvfytkvjvytkvhjnkjhyugnyihiokokiohiyhlmihuihkjl;kiouighkjlyguhkjl;kgftyughkjlm;miyuhkjnluiyuhjkb
yhgkjkhkyuhjkljiygkljhkuyjhklliyukjykujliugkjyuikughjiy7ughjiyftrdfytulukhjnltfryghjk4wsftrchbinjwzrext
extrcuvgihbnjeryctuvghbnjetxuvghbnj5eyruvr6duvtyihbnj6rdyuvgiu5d7ftygi6rd7ftuygig6rd7ftygi7ftygrttt
ihykjliopo;krsccwsdcwedsaxzewdsfxzwdsfrtgfhnbythgkmhj,imhjk,j,kjhgndfscasbroncosforthewinwqedasq
e3rdfrdsftwesdfwedsfwesdfrwesdfwedsfwedsfrwedszsfwedsafwredsfwedsazfwesafdewdsagftrhytkjtghfgs
ewfrsdfcresdgtrfghjytgfjgfjgfhersdzceafdceasfetrhtukghmihjkmnrfdsrfdeasdrewsdgvtdfgvdsfwesdfefffff
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

i should do poetry imo

B

bigjim

BRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Didn't see that coming. Who would have thought.
Congratulations to the Broncos, a well deserved victory.
Funny how quickly a team can turn around on the back of some confidence.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
One part of the match i loved was when Te'o got into a bit of a scuffle with Sailor and then a few Broncos players steamed over and drove poor Dell back about ten metres. That was great.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
tongue in cheek but I have to:

"If only we dropped Michaels a couple of weeks earlier......"

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
lockyer47 said:
tongue in cheek but I have to:

"If only we dropped Michaels a couple of weeks earlier......"

Like about 10 weeks earlier.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What an absolute cracker of a game. Certainly not an easy win, but they made it look simple. I tipped the Broncos, and am glad I did.

We were never going to beat the Dragons. We were never going to make the finals. We are down and out. Just like 06.

Bring it on.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Cullen is a genius. Ever since he said we'd shop Clinton, Sims, Te'o & Setu they've stood up to be counted. Brisbane are well and truly in the premiership race!

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
I'm liking all these little set ruck plays between McCullough, Wallace and Hunt - then having some agile backrowers on the fringes.

I said it about 6 weeks or so ago, that the players weren't playing for pride in the jersey, passion etc. I can not say that about them tonight. Lockyer is the reason we're back firing, he's getting better each week, and hopefully if we get into the finals we'll have our strongest 17 available.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Wow, I happily retract everything I said about sticking forks in this Brisbane group because they were done ect ... In the short space of three weeks the Broncos have risen from absolute rock bottom to bettering the best team in the competition .. The defense tonight was outstanding .. the best it's been since the Melbourne win in round two or three ... If the Broncos can remain healthy, they're in this premiership race up to their ears ...

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
I just want to say all the Dragons fans on the planet can suck a fat one.. They were so arrogant going into this game and now look at them... Suck that sitck it right up ya... Go buy your GF tickets you won't be there stupid Dragons.

Don't get too smug ... Dragons fans have every right to beat their chest ... they're in the midst of a terrific season despite what happened last weekend and tonight ..

If you're a Bronco fan, you should remain very very humble right now .. Because the team isn't even guaranteed to be playing finals yet ...

But if what we witnessed tonight is a sign of what is to come from the Broncos, the fans could be bragging long and loud in a few weeks ...

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Only used 15 players tonight, great achievement! J McGuire & G Williams unused.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
No matter what was thrown at them they just dug in their heels and kept going. That is what you want from a premiership team. To keep a premiership contending team tryless has to be the best effort of the year and nothing can take this away from the Broncos.

Yow Yeh is playing out of his skin and I would hate to see him dropped. Room needs to be made for him.

Special mention to Kenny and Taylor. I know most people won't agree, but either Kenny or Taylor should've won man of the match. The match last night was won by our forwards. Kenny has been the difference for us.

Maybe it really took a flogging for us towake up to ourselves.

There isn't really a reason why we can't go all the way.

To the St George fagqueens, suck it, there is something to be said for peaking too early. You all suck dogs balls.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
This game is a perfect example of how a perfect kicking game can hold your opposition to zero tries. Seriously, has anyone seen a more perfect kicking game ever? Lockyer, you're a freak. Sure our defence was superb but it was all off the back of Lockyer's kicking game.

Freak freak freak freak freak.

Dragons were predictable because we made them play that way.

I think you're right, except I'd argue that the defence was just as important. Overall, we played with beautiful structure.

Given that there are a few teams who also do that, I reckon it'll be that team whose “freaks†really fire, say in broken play, who will win this competition.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Brilliant win. I honestly didn't think this Broncos team had it in them to play with that much steel.

It makes the disgusting form before even harder to stomach imo.

Locky, Taylor, Hodges, Sims and Kenny were the catalyst for victory. They were simply outstanding.

C

Chumbason

BRL Player
May 10, 2009
Great win, but to me, even if they had lost... the gang tackles and the wrapping up of the ball was pure magic that we have almost never seen in any Broncos team, so that was great. Can they go all the way? who knows, but if they keep playing this way, it will be tough for anyone to beat them, but it won't matter if someone does... for they will have saved their season. There will still be many things to look at and think about, but it is better to do it from a winning position than from won of embarrisment and shame.

Well done team.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bull_Shark said:
Beads6 said:
I just want to say all the Dragons fans on the planet can suck a fat one.. They were so arrogant going into this game and now look at them... Suck that sitck it right up ya... Go buy your GF tickets you won't be there stupid Dragons.

Don't get too smug ... Dragons fans have every right to beat their chest ... they're in the midst of a terrific season despite what happened last weekend and tonight ..

If you're a Bronco fan, you should remain very very humble right now .. Because the team isn't even guaranteed to be playing finals yet ...

Nah they are arrogant turds. They have been buying GF tickets for weeks. I think after not beating them for 4 years we are entitled to celebrate a bit.

But if what we witnessed tonight is a sign of what is to come from the Broncos, the fans could be bragging long and loud in a few weeks ...

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • BRC088
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.