Brisbane - Dragqueens Spoilers and Match Discussion

A

andirect

BRL Player
Sep 14, 2008
whoever is responsible for letting dave taylor leave the club should be fired immediately. while he didn't show this form at the start of the year, he simply wasn't given a chance to show what he's got (this year and in years past), thus became disillusioned with the broncos lack of interest in him.

it's an absolute disgrace and there's no way this guy should be in another jumper to brisbane.

also, folau comes straight back in when he's fit, i don't care who they drop. this guy is a match winner. unfortunately for yow yeh, he will have to bide his time, unless they decide to put issy at left centre, which is an option.

p.s. GREAT WIN!

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Flicking between the replay and the cricket at the moment - sorry if it's been mentioned, but were the dragons bad or the broncos just that good?

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Emma said:
Flicking between the replay and the cricket at the moment - sorry if it's been mentioned, but were the dragons bad or the broncos just that good?

We were just THAT good. 8-)

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Emma said:

we dominated them plus they won the penalty count easily.

B

brisbroncosboy

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
great win i love it when we beat the Drag ons and to do it in the gong even better, have a feeling this is going to be like 06 !!!!! Last week our attack was awesome this week defence was awesome this is the start of something special i hope !!!

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
After watching a bit more of this game, yeah it's clear we were just that good! [icon_lol1. Where has this enthusiasm been? Even if they ended up losing this game, I could have handled it because of the effort they've put in.

Can't wait to go to my mates place tomorrow and see him, his 2 sisters and their husbands who are all dragons fans....
[icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Not much needs to be said apart from congratulations to everyone associated with tonight's win. I remember we shut Canterbury out on the way to our 2006 Premiership. I remember how perfect we were that night. Well tonight we were something along with perfect - methodical. That's the most methodical performance I've seen from any team, let alone our footy club.

It's not fair to single players out because everyone played their part in that magnificent win. I can't imagine the confidence buzzing around the boys at the moment. Let it flow all the way to Townsville next week.

And it wouldn't be fair to not pay tribute to Henjack. Whilst Canberra showed the comp how to beat the Dragons last week, we went a step further and completely pantsed St George. Soak it up Ivan, that was a great coaching performance. Outpointing the old master...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
At last. Real passion. At last, real line speed in defence - and for 80 minutes, communication, playing for each other.

And it just shows, despite their good defence, how boringly predictable the Dragoons attack really is.

Good coaching and team selection Henjak.

If we keep it up, and with our multiple X-factor players firing, we are a real show in this comp.

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
a big wrap to henjak he has transformed sims and taylor into machines. Dropping sims and taylor earlier on has awoke the monster with in

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
What a performance. Defence was the key. shutting down the ruck and shutting down their key players.

Finally keeping teams to a minimum of offloads.

I really hope Yow Yeh keeps his spot next week.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
rnabokov said:
And it just shows, despite their good defence, how boringly predictable the Dragoons attack really is.

I don't think you're giving enough credit to the Broncos defence tonight. The Dragons have scored more points than any other team in the premiership - you don't get to lead that tally with "boringly predictable".

Agree with those giving credit to Henjak. The Broncos were staring down the barrel of their worst season ever and, in his first year, he's managed to turn it around. Good for him.

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
man ive never seen that much talk from everyone out there. We are now putting fear in our opponents

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
That's what happens when everyone plays to their potential.

Massive credit must go to Henjak tonight, his gameplan was perfect. Completely nullified the Dragons.

Where has Ashton Sims been all my life? He has been immense these last two games.

Dave Taylor was class, especially in defence. I'll be sad watching him go around in the red and green next season.

Ben Te'o was also excellent in defence.

In fact, everyone was excellent in defence.

Lockyer's kick game was quite simply brilliant.

Cracking performance from young Yow Yeh, safe under the high ball, great kick returns and kick chase.

I am just delighted. That game reminded me of some of our past matches against the Storm when it was basically a defensive battle.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
kjnbhvfytkvjvytkvhjnkjhyugnyihiokokiohiyhlmihuihkjl;kiouighkjlyguhkjl;kgftyughkjlm;miyuhkjnluiyuhjkb
yhgkjkhkyuhjkljiygkljhkuyjhklliyukjykujliugkjyuikughjiy7ughjiyftrdfytulukhjnltfryghjk4wsftrchbinjwzrext
extrcuvgihbnjeryctuvghbnjetxuvghbnj5eyruvr6duvtyihbnj6rdyuvgiu5d7ftygi6rd7ftuygig6rd7ftygi7ftygrttt
ihykjliopo;krsccwsdcwedsaxzewdsfxzwdsfrtgfhnbythgkmhj,imhjk,j,kjhgndfscasbroncosforthewinwqedasq
e3rdfrdsftwesdfwedsfwesdfrwesdfwedsfwedsfrwedszsfwedsafwredsfwedsazfwesafdewdsagftrhytkjtghfgs
ewfrsdfcresdgtrfghjytgfjgfjgfhersdzceafdceasfetrhtukghmihjkmnrfdsrfdeasdrewsdgvtdfgvdsfwesdfefffff
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
This is the best game the Broncos have played since the 2006 GF, IMHO

Definitely the best 'low scoring grinding' game we've played since that glorious night. That is definitely how the current Broncos team can beat the 'favourite' teams for the title... by playing this type of football. (Though I thought we had the dragons wide if it was a dry night)

This is the game that we were waiting for. Now that we've proven we have the team to do it - its all about attitude now baby. How badly do we want it from here?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
schmix said:
rnabokov said:

I don't think you're giving enough credit to the Broncos defence tonight. The Dragons have scored more points than any other team in the premiership - you don't get to lead that tally with "boringly predictable".

Agree with those giving credit to Henjak. The Broncos were staring down the barrel of their worst season ever and, in his first year, he's managed to turn it around. Good for him.

What I meant was that when faced with a relentless defence, they are predictable. They have no real game breakers.

We do.

And I really hope we keep this same team for the rest of the season, with Clinton to the bench.

It would be a shame to see Taylor back to the bash and barge prop role he was consigned to in the past.

Maybe Folau should be kept in reserve?

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Galco
  • Strop
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Michaelodap
  • FACTHUNT
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.