Brisbane re-sign Payne Hass on lucrative six-year deal

You don’t pay a player that amount of money to sit on the bench and only get 20 30 minutes. **** I wouldn’t anyway

if he starts he is only likely to be playing a maximum of 20 - 30 mins anyway

contract size should NEVER EVER determine where a player plays on the team or whether they start ... not unless you want to experience life at the bottom of the ladder of course

Sure is!!

The only concern I have now is Oates to be honest. The club won't lose Isaako but if the cap squeeze is coming due to the Boyd and Bird weirdness and someone important has to be let go, I'm almost positive it will be Oates. I hope I'm wrong.
I think we'll lose at least one of Oates and Su'a.

Badel is now saying $3.4 million.

Also its $3.4m for the 6 years according to Badel, who is probably the most reliable in terms of accuracy of contract $$

a 6 year contract makes it a reasonable figure ... makes me happy that the club hasn't completely lost their minds

He looked NRL ready coming straight in as an 18 year old kid. He's going to be a special player.

You will find there will be some clause that will increase his wage if there is a salary cap increase.

Obviously happier with the money over 6 years however it's still a massive commitment for a teenager with 18 minutes of first grade and a concussion under his belt.

The amount is neither here nor there it cracks me up that people even bother about it. The real figure is really only known by a select few. all we should be interested in is that we've got an absolute gun in the mould of Webke/Civoneciva for the next six years. The thought of MILF following up behind TPJ, Lodge, Hass and Offa has me reminiscing of dem good ol days. Can we get Alfie to go round just one more year?

The fact that he has been re-signed for 6 years by Wayne Bennett just shows we have someone special on our hands.

This is out of the ordinary for Bennett.

Bennett will only be coach for 2 of the 6 years in all likelihood.

The amount is neither here nor there it cracks me up that people even bother about it. The real figure is really only known by a select few. all we should be interested in is that we've got an absolute gun in the mould of Webke/Civoneciva for the next six years. The thought of MILF following up behind TPJ, Lodge, Hass and Offa has me reminiscing of dem good ol days. Can we get Alfie to go round just one more year?
The only reason we're interested in the contract amount is that we have a slew of off-contract talent we also want to retain. Everybody's happy Haas re-signed. That being said, you're absolutely correct the real figure is only known by a select few and unless the reported figures are extremely poor value there's no reason to be too concerned with them as they'll be different tomorrow anyway.

Soooo much can happen in 6 years. I hope we're on the right end of it.

Glad to have one of them signed up, now, keep the news rolling.

is this going to be another magical contract figure like Bird's was ...

maybe i should start a betting pool to see how high it eventually ends up ...
Put me down for $3.8 mil !!

Obviously has his head in the right place. you don't 6 year deals to head cases.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.