Brisbane re-sign Payne Hass on lucrative six-year deal

The Haas contract is ridiculous given he has played 3 NRL games but I am not sure what the Broncos were supposed to do. If they didn't pay the money a handful of other clubs would have also.

Do you think Dave Taylor would have got a similar deal if he was coming through as an 18 year old now?

Last edited:
Korbin Who? I am really glad that the recruitment team didn't choose to extend his stay @ Broncos.. Happy with the news, I went to bed and by the time I woke up in the morning, Broncos have extended Hass on an extended deal? WHAT? :aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Please keep it coming retention team. Next on our list is TPJ, Lodge, Fifita, Sua, Isaako, Oates (only on wing though) & most importantly, a '7 '.

While you are at it, please hatch a sneaky plan either to punt Bird or retire Boyd. If you could do both, freaking awesome!!! :dancer2::dancer2::dancer2:.

Last edited:
I like, it's bold, but the kid seems to have the goods, the motor and the size to be a friggin machine. Would love to do the same with TPJ!
I think this may cost us a few players who may also put their hands out for a bigger contract, but I can live with that.

So does this mean he'll be a first grade regular next season?

So we are giving him 4 years at $750k per year as first reported, just not until 2021. That's a bit more reasonable, and all things going well will end up being a very good deal.

The most enthralling part of this huge signing is - none of the wankas in the media don't know until it was announced.

Now, they've different wheel to spin - how can Brisbane this mega deal & still be under the cap? Those headless soles never give us any sort of credit. If some other club had signed Haas, it's a signing of the century but definitely not, when it's us.

Interesting times ahead. Something will have to give.
I think Boyd is a massive chance of retiring this year also Bird will use the back door.
Its hard to know where he is at. He won't get the money he wants unless he gets fit and plays again this year or we will have to chip in a bit of his salary to off load him.

Interesting times ahead. Something will have to give.
I think Boyd is a massive chance of retiring this year also Bird will use the back door.
Its hard to know where he is at. He won't get the money he wants unless he gets fit and plays again this year or we will have to chip in a bit of his salary to off load him.

Bird's not going anywhere. Boyd might retire but I think he'll play on next year, depends what happens with Wayne.

I can't see any scenario we pay him this money and he's not given the same opportunity as Lodge next year.

8. Lodge
10. Haas
11. Pangai Jr
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

Would probably be my best guess for round 1. Which probably doesnt bode well for Su'A..

Last edited:
Haas won't be a starter until late next year at best. Remember, this contract was basically an extension. You would hope he'd be starting by the start of 2020 though. The really interesting one though, is where does Joffa fit in. He is clearly good enough to start and probably should be already over Thaiday.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Boyd/Staggs
4. Roberts
5. Kahu

6. Bird
7. Milf

8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Su’A
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Offa
15. Haas
16. Fafita
17. Glenn

Last edited:
1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Boyd/Staggs
4. Roberts
5. Kahu

6. Bird
7. Milf

8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Su’A
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Offa
15. Haas
16. Fafita
17. Glenn

The side is starting to look really good, but we still need a new hooker. I don't give a stuff what the Macca cheerleaders say about it. He's not a good hooker.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Boyd/Staggs
4. Roberts
5. Kahu

6. Bird
7. Milf

8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Su’A
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Offa
15. Haas
16. Fafita
17. Glenn

I really like this side on paper. Milf looks likes he’s evolving in terms of his kicking game (still not the ideal halfback for us), and Bird at full fitness will be a great compliment. We’d have to let both of them roam though, and ideally promote second phase play when we’re on the attack given the skill of our forwards and support runners. If we try and play conservative storm ball style with split halves we’ll get rolled.

Ideally Paix, Dargan, or someone else is ready ASAP, but I can see Milf/ Burd working if Milf keeps improving.

The side is starting to look really good, but we still need a new hooker. I don't give a stuff what the Macca cheerleaders say about it. He's not a good hooker.
The more you say it the more I come around on your point. Just kidding, that’s not really how it works.

The more you say it the more I come around on your point. Just kidding, that’s not really how it works.

tenor.gif

He's a shit hooooookerrrrrr

Active Now

• Howzat
  • Old Mate
  • Manifesto
  • RolledOates
  • johnyE
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Morkel
  • Bish
  • Morepudding
  • Fozz
  • john1420
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.