Brisbane re-sign Payne Hass on lucrative six-year deal

500k for a good bash em up the middle big body is a deal, what Haas can potentially deliver.... Damn happy. Lock up the other boys like TPJ, Fifi and Lodge and you have a pack that any half would look good behind.

$500k a year seems reasonable if he’s locked in at that for 6 years.

The amount is neither here nor there it cracks me up that people even bother about it. The real figure is really only known by a select few. all we should be interested in is that we've got an absolute gun in the mould of Webke/Civoneciva for the next six years. The thought of MILF following up behind TPJ, Lodge, Hass and Offa has me reminiscing of dem good ol days. Can we get Alfie to go round just one more year?

If we’re going to get analogies out, he’s probably going to be closer to a Lazarus. Going off nothing more than descriptions, seems like not only is he a big unit, but has a massive motor too. The Brick was obviously tubbier whereas Haas is all muscle, but Petero & Webcke weren’t necessarily big minute players.

What happened to the days of first paying your dues? I guess it is the way the game is going.

Sets the forward salary bar prettyfknhigh , IMO.

Offa, Sua, TPJ, Lodge will all rightly want just as much. If we lose any of those then this kid really needs to perform, and that's a lot of pressure.

This seems a lot to pay for a gangly kid that looks like a constant walking injury.

Hope proven wrong, but our logic around recruitment and spending hasn't always been well dialed in.

Knights got it right with Ponga, so time will tell. More than happy to be wrong on this one.

The cap is way too low, and restricts rights to fair earnings in general, but that's another topic.

Badel is now saying $3.4 million.

I just read the article and realised why he "altered" the initial reported figure ...

he wants to claim that this offer is the richest ever offered to a teenager ... he needed the figure to be higher to make that claim as he is also saying Ponga signed a $3 million, 5 year deal with the Knights

I just read the article and realised why he "altered" the initial reported figure ...

he wants to claim that this offer is the richest ever offered to a teenager ... he needed the figure to be higher to make that claim as he is also saying Ponga signed a $3 million, 5 year deal with the Knights

I don't think he is a very reliable source these days. Not ever since Paul White shot him down.

He's been out to make the Broncos look bad ever since.

What happened to the days of first paying your dues? I guess it is the way the game is going.

Sets the forward salary bar prettyfknhigh , IMO.

Offa, Sua, TPJ, Lodge will all rightly want just as much. If we lose any of those then this kid really needs to perform, and that's a lot of pressure.

This seems a lot to pay for a gangly kid that looks like a constant walking injury.

Hope proven wrong, but our logic around recruitment and spending hasn't always been well dialed in.

Knights got it right with Ponga, so time will tell. More than happy to be wrong on this one.

The cap is way too low, and restricts rights to fair earnings in general, but that's another topic.
Ponga has been injured also mate, Hamstrings can be a bit of deal over a career. The problem is if the Broncos sit on any of these kids by pumping out 1 or 2 year contracts they will either walk now or at the end. There is also risk of a massive improvement in form or a test or origin jersey inflating a new contract. If we can get these lads on 3 to 6 year contracts at a fair price we don't have to continue coming to the table with huge offers. How long was Hunts last contract, i believe it was 2 years. Correct me if i am wrong but the risk of poachers are very high here. Its not because we have lost the power like the media say. It is about money and short contracts. Lots of these guys just want security, you can nab them on few bucks less per year by giving them security in a longer contract.

Is it possible to use the words Badel, reliable and accuracy in the same sentence?

Probably not lol, I used to trust him and Chris Garry, but they're all pretty dodgy these days. You can tell they're full of it when they all come out with different figures.

So far today we've seen -

Adrian Proszenko - 4 years, $3m
Joel Gould - 6 years, $3m
Pete Badel - 6 years, $3.4m

No doubt there will be more figures thrown out tomorrow.

I can't remember any Bronco still two years under contract and being upgraded for four years. SL deals maybe but they were new deals not extensions.

Probably not lol, I used to trust him and Chris Garry, but they're all pretty dodgy these days. You can tell they're full of it when they all come out with different figures.

Gould is top notch.

Some are taking it as a four year deal and some six depends if you discount the current deal that still has to run till end of next year. The money is all comparable.

I think some rushed to say four year deal and forget his current deal ties him up for six years.

Last edited:
Gould is top notch.

Some are taking it as a four year deal and some six depends if you discount the current deal that still has to run till end of next year. The money is all comparable.

I think some rushed to say four year deal and forget his current deal ties him up for six years.

So who do we trust for Bird's figure?

Adrian proszenko has just re-adjusted his figure.... $3.5m over 6 years now haha its almost a comedy, yet sydney-folk will lap it up and completly ignore the fact sims just signed for the dragons and thaiday retired haha..

Geez dunno how I feel about this.

Haas made a pretty impressive debut and that's pretty much it.

In a way it shows how weird, inbred and myopic rugby league in this country has become.

A guy who plays an impressive 10 minutes gets a 4 or 6 year deal.

Daly Cherry-Evans, a premiership winning halfback, a couple of years ago has the nerve and gall to ask for more money and gets treated like a leper.

He gets the people's eyebrow!

Adrian proszenko has just re-adjusted his figure.... $3.5m over 6 years now haha its almost a comedy, yet sydney-folk will lap it up and completly ignore the fact sims just signed for the dragons and thaiday retired haha..
Seems like a bloody auction... keep out bidding each other for the highest figure

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosMan
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • bazza
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.