NEWS Brisbane to Bennett: it's not you, it's us

Wayne Bennett is not having a bar of the Magic Round outdoor post-game press conferences, despite fines being threatened:

“They can’t make me go and sit there. Unless they physically take me there they won’t get me. It ain’t going to happen. I’m not a fan because I know some of the situations that could happen and I don’t want to be exposed to that."

“I’m prepared to do the press conference, I’m just not prepared to go to that place. If they want to fine me, that’s their prerogative. My prerogative is to not go if I don’t want to. I will be available for a press conference in the usual room.”

“I don’t discuss penalties for dangerous play because I don’t teach my players to hit anyone in the head. I don’t need to talk about it or mention it to them because it’s not the way I want them to play. Does it happen sometimes? Yes. Sometimes someone makes a bad decision. The consequences are going to be there and I’m happy about that."

“It’s not what I coach or believe in. They know my standards.”

McHunt

Sounds like he's keen for some sort of role for the year before the expansion club hits the ground but the way he responded to being asked about the expansion club, to me he's going to be a very prominent figure in whatever club it is

Sounds like he's keen for some sort of role for the year before the expansion club hits the ground but the way he responded to being asked about the expansion club, to me he's going to be a very prominent figure in whatever club it is

That is what you would need to ascertain and whatever he did, if he came back to the Broncs, you would make it at least a three year deal so he can't jump for 23 and be in our players' ears to go with him. If he only wanted to sign for one year, you know what his motives are.

If anyone is against Wayne Benett coming back.. please punch yourself in the dick and show yourself out.

As soon as he comes back in any role, we'll be an attractive place for recruitment and retention and wont lose people like Coates.

Well looks like my deep throat was right when he told me a few weeks ago they were going to make very attractive offers to Reynolds, Bennett and Billy to come to the broncos. I just hope Kevvie gets some credit but I doubt it. Pale rider strikes again.

Well looks like my deep throat was right when he told me a few weeks ago they were going to make very attractive offers to Reynolds, Bennett and Billy to come to the broncos. I just hope Kevvie gets some credit but I doubt it. Pale rider strikes again.
Billy?

Wayne Bennett:

Adam Reynolds and myself are going out this afternoon to see if we can find an apartment to live together."

“But after that I’m not sure what I’m doing. I’m coming back to Brisbane, but as I said I have made no decisions about what my future holds or whatever. All I know is I’m coming back. At this point in time I don’t really have any offers on the table. It’s not what I’d like to do it is what some other people would like to do. I can’t make decisions about my future. Someone else has to make them. They have to go to the negotiation table with me. I have heard from nobody so I will just get on with life.”

“I appreciate what Dave Donaghy said he has been very generous to me. But as I said there has been no suggestion from any of them about coming back except a lot of media speculation and talk from whoever, but not from me. It hasn’t come from me.”

“I don’t have any preference because I haven’t even go an offer. You have got to understand I am quite serious that I don’t have anything on the table. I haven’t made any decisions. I am coming home."

“I don’t want to buy into that (who the 17th team will be) they are all sitting in town talking about it. There is great opportunities in all those areas they are talking about. Redcliffe have done a great job. Ipswich have done a good job. Easts are in there and they have got a great club and they have done a great job. As I said it is up to the powers that be not me.”

“Yeah I would (like to build a club from the ground up again). You go back to the Broncos we were very deliberate about things and why we did them and it was to pay huge benefits to us later on. They have got to be built from the ground up and they have got to be built with a strong foundation. You have got to be prepared to take some pain and we took some pain in the early years. I thought we should have won a premiership long before we did, but we got it right. There is a certain level of excitement about that. The ability to start something from scratch. Nothing on the page and you can make it into something really special.”

“It is not my say until someone makes me an offer and how they see my role. They are things I can’t elaborate on today because I don’t know. But it appeals to me starting at a new club again because I certainly know how to build them and that’s what you need at the beginning is how it is built.”

McHunt
Just out of interest @McHunt do you transcribe the pressers, or are you able to cut and paste from the newsfeeds?

I thought Bennett would (understandably) be done with the Broncos, even if relationships were able to be mended in the long term (like 10 years when all the staff had turned over).

For him to be even open to considering it after a few short years, I never thought it would be possible. Let's just hope that he's not saying this to drive up Brisbane II's price.

With Reynold's decision, it could lean heavily either way. Either Bennett thought the Broncos would be a good place for him and he's happy to foster a relationship between Reynolds and the Broncos. Or Reynolds' body is absolutely fucked, he's literally on his last legs and this is his way of helping Adam out - getting him a big dollar security blanket for 3 years, and fucking the Broncos over by making us pay for a lemon.

Or Reynolds' body is absolutely fucked, he's literally on his last legs and this is his way of helping Adam out - getting him a big dollar security blanket for 3 years, and fucking the Broncos over by making us pay for a lemon.
AR initiated a medical with the Broncos doctors before official signings so this can't be true.

AR initiated a medical with the Broncos doctors before official signings so this can't be true.

So did Jack Bird......... ....... <- lots of dots there to connect ;)

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behold
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.