Brisbane's favourite son says Seibold has hurt the Broncos

Other than that though, it's hard to disagree with him.
He's not really saying much though is he? Copy Melbourne. No fucking shit Sherlock, that's like telling aspiring sprinters to just copy Usain Bolt.

He's not really saying much though is he? Copy Melbourne. No fucking shit Sherlock, that's like telling aspiring sprinters to just copy Usain Bolt.

And he's not saying anything different to what everyone else is saying.

I think it's more the way he goes about it. The pot shots and just seeming to shit on the club in general, rather than offering constructive criticism.

Edit: I'm talking over the last few years fyi

Last edited:
Bennett wasn’t performing poorly. He had the second best win percentage in the game.
All the signs were there that we were about to approach a downhill slide. Seibold inherited the mess and just accelerated that process by adding to it. Bennett made a host of questionable coaching decisions during his time which has contributed to the current situation, and sacking him actually did him a favour.

All the signs were there that we were about to approach a downhill slide. Seibold inherited the mess and just accelerated that process by adding to it. Bennett made a host of questionable coaching decisions during his time which has contributed to the current situation, and sacking him actually did him a favour.
It has (the sacking of Bennett) probably done a favour to JD, because I think he is better positioned at Souths for his initial NRL coaching role than he would have been here. I guess we will never know what may have been.

I think it's more the way he goes about it. The pot shots and just seeming to shit on the club in general, rather than offering constructive criticism.

Edit: I'm talking over the last few years fyi
What do you reckon the old boys think of Tallis doing that?

Go back and take a look at what the pre-season chat was like in 2019. Everyone thought we had a gun squad with the best young forward pack in the game. Well seibold has driven us into the ground and driven two of our most promising players away from the club. Re-writing history to make it sound like he inherited a basket case is foolish. And I disagree we were headed downhill. We performed exceptionally well against the top 4 teams (other than Melbourne obv 🤦🏼‍♂️) and we just had lapses against weaker teams due to immaturity in the squad thinking they’d won before they turned up to play.

Go back and take a look at what the pre-season chat was like in 2019. Everyone thought we had a gun squad with the best young forward pack in the game. Well seibold has driven us into the ground and driven two of our most promising players away from the club. Re-writing history to make it sound like he inherited a basket case is foolish. And I disagree we were headed downhill. We performed exceptionally well against the top 4 teams (other than Melbourne obv 🤦🏼‍♂️) and we just had lapses against weaker teams due to immaturity in the squad thinking they’d won before they turned up to play.

No one can legitimately argue the Broncos management got it all horribly wrong. In hindsight, they should have just given him the extra year, I don't think anyone can argue that now. I wanted a new coach, the signs of a downward slide were there but Bennett would not have had them in this mess, this cannot be questionned.

Management botched it all. Chasing Bellamy was the right call but they didn't go hard enough. They then totally threw Bennett under the bus and he rightly fought back. Then Seibold was hired without due process on a ridiculously long and expensive contract for no explicable reason. Had this whole thing been handled better and due diligence gone into Bennett's replacement, this whole mess could have been avoided.

Again in hindsight, once they screwed up the pursuit of Bellamy, including leaking to the press EVERY detail of everything, they should have just extended Bennett for one year, it really was that simple and the board screwed it up BADLY!

Just because people thought we had a "gun squad" doesn't make it true. We had "gun" individuals in the team instead. A lot of people were hyping up the team on potential and under the impression that a bunch of young forwards would play to that potential each and every week. When the collective team plays at a level well below that, it has shown how average the roster is. Add injuries to that, as well as poor coaching and it has exposed us badly.

I never said we were a basket case and I'm not disputing the fact Seibold has made things worse. In fact, If you read what I said, I said Seibold added to it. But the first signs of the mess we have now was evident in 2018, it just wasn't as large as the mess we have now. The roster management decisions both by Bennett and Seibold has contributed to our demise. To suggest it is entirely on Seibold is not true.

The only difference is that with Bennett being a good coach, he was able to get the team playing at a higher level more often than Seibold has, so it covered over the holes in our roster.

Last edited:
Just because people thought we had a "gun squad" doesn't make it true. We had "gun" individuals in the team instead. A lot of people were hyping up the team on potential and under the impression that a bunch of young forwards would play to that potential each and every week. When the collective team plays at a level well below that, it has shown how average the roster is. Add injuries to that, as well as poor coaching and it has exposed us badly.

I never said we were a basket case and I'm not disputing the fact Seibold has made things worse. In fact, If you read what I said, I said Seibold added to it. But the first signs of the mess we have now was evident in 2018, it just wasn't as large as the mess we have now. The roster management decisions both by Bennett and Seibold has contributed to our demise. To suggest it is entirely on Seibold is not true.

The only difference is that with Bennett being a good coach, he was able to get the team playing at a higher level more often than Seibold has, so it covered over the holes in our roster.
They aren’t collectively playing to their potential due to the poor coaching you mentioned. It Bennett extends a further year we’re pushing for a premiership this year and not a spoon. That’s of course just my opinion but I’m confident that would have been the case.

No one can legitimately argue the Broncos management got it all horribly wrong. In hindsight, they should have just given him the extra year, I don't think anyone can argue that now. I wanted a new coach, the signs of a downward slide were there but Bennett would not have had them in this mess, this cannot be questionned.

Management botched it all. Chasing Bellamy was the right call but they didn't go hard enough. They then totally threw Bennett under the bus and he rightly fought back. Then Seibold was hired without due process on a ridiculously long and expensive contract for no explicable reason. Had this whole thing been handled better and due diligence gone into Bennett's replacement, this whole mess could have been avoided.

Again in hindsight, once they screwed up the pursuit of Bellamy, including leaking to the press EVERY detail of everything, they should have just extended Bennett for one year, it really was that simple and the board screwed it up BADLY!
I agree. I still can't figure out why they panicked and selected the first available coach when Bennett still had a year to go. There would of been plenty of competent coaches available to choose from if they took their time. It's not like we were without a coach heading into the new season. The fact they landed on a rookie coach and handed him a 5 year contract is the most baffling thing though.

They aren’t collectively playing to their potential due to the poor coaching you mentioned. It Bennett extends a further year we’re pushing for a premiership this year and not a spoon. That’s of course just my opinion but I’m confident that would have been the case.
I don't think we would of been genuine premiership threats this year with Bennett in charge, but I know for sure we would be a certainty for the top 8. I think we would be similar to what the Sharks are this season. Good enough to beat anyone lower than them, but not quite at the level to beat the teams above them.

Somehow the decision makers thought that wouldn't be acceptable.

Last edited:
Go back and take a look at what the pre-season chat was like in 2019. Everyone thought we had a gun squad with the best young forward pack in the game. Well seibold has driven us into the ground and driven two of our most promising players away from the club. Re-writing history to make it sound like he inherited a basket case is foolish. And I disagree we were headed downhill. We performed exceptionally well against the top 4 teams (other than Melbourne obv [emoji2361]) and we just had lapses against weaker teams due to immaturity in the squad thinking they’d won before they turned up to play.
Yep, Seibs inherited a really good squad who were going places. Shit, a lot of fans and commentators were talking up a Bronco premiership just prior to the 2018 playoffs. He had it all on a platter for him but instead fucked it from the very beginning. A 1-5 start, then 5-9 before falling ass backwards into the top 8 only to suffer the worst finals loss in RL history.
This season's woes needs no further recap but this is a lesson to future administration. When handing over the reigns of a glamour club and replacing a total icon at the same time, conduct some character checks and due diligence. Don't fall for some smooth talking clown who has done **** all in the game expecting it to suddenly lead to major success. This fucking moron has damaged this club to the core and it could take a decade to climb out of this hole. I pity the youngsters in this club whose careers could be negatively influenced by this amateurished shithole.

But it's all Bennett's fault, he started the rot and he is mainly responsible for the unprecedented predicament the club currently finds itself in just 39 games later. **** me. [emoji17]

Last edited:
Yep, Seibs inherited a really good squad who were going places. Shit, a lot of fans and commentators were talking up a Bronco premiership just prior to the 2018 playoffs. He had it all on a platter for him but instead fucked it from the very beginning. A 1-5 start, then 5-9 before falling ass backwards into the top 8 only to suffer the worst finals loss in RL history.
This season's woes needs no further recap but this is a lesson to future administration. When handing over the reigns of a glamour club and replacing a total icon at the same time, conduct some character checks and due diligence. Don't fall for some smooth talking clown who has done **** all in the game expecting it to suddenly lead to major success. This fucking moron has damaged this club to the core and it could take a decade to climb out of this hole. I pity the youngsters in this club whose careers could be negatively influenced by this amateurished shithole.

But it's all Bennett's fault, he started the rot and he is solely responsible for the unprecedented predicament the club currently finds itself in. **** me. [emoji17]

I don't think anyone has said the last sentence in seriousness.

But it's all Bennett's fault, he started the rot and he is mainly responsible for the unprecedented predicament the club currently finds itself in just 39 games later. **** me. [emoji17]
14 wins in 39 matches good for a 35% win rate. Jesus fucking Christ

Active Now

• Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.