Brodie Croft Discussion

I wonder how much of the attacking deficiencies came down to a new spine and absolutely nothing offering from either centre. Croft was really good but he was doing it all on his own. I think a month from now will be better as hopefully Croft and Dearden get to know each other better. At least having Farnworth back will give some strike and dependability in one of the centre spots.
Yeah I make a point to not get too exited either way after one game of 1st grade. Croft definitely has some skills. He just needs to use them.
The biggest problem is the kicking game of the halves but honestly it wasn't any worse than any other game this season bar one, and croft"s defence is light-years ahead of either dearden or milf.
Ive seen all three put players in holes and make mini breaks. Croft's biggest problem last time was his inability to land those bombs on the try line but they were pretty good (not perfect but good). He also took the line on as the match progressed so there are signs of growth.
You could forgive him for being out of sorts for being promoted in the way he was, and then given the lead play maker role, but he didn't show it. That's another sign of maturity.
He still looked a little lost at times but a first game back you'd expect that of any player, especially given the role.
The thing that stood out though was how much the others liked playing with him. He slotted right in, and with that "all or nothing" effort he gives, part of our defensive ressiliance must be down to both him and Turpin showing the others the desperation required.
It's one game but there was a lot to like. If Milford goes and does the same for Logan, destroying his opposition in the process, it might all be reconsidered in a month but either way dropping him will be seen as the right move and I applaud Kevie for having the courage to do it.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Browny
  • Financeguy
  • Emanon
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.