Brodie Croft Discussion

Boy, this thread from last year had some forthright opinions concerning the merits of Croft😂

I reckon a few on here might think, ****, I could have been a tad harsh last August 😀😀

What did I say?

I think he's rubbish.

Boy, this thread from last year had some forthright opinions concerning the merits of Croft😂

I reckon a few on here might think, ****, I could have been a tad harsh last August 😀😀
One game doesn't change everything, but this should at least keep him safe for next week.

Defensively Croft was sensational. Needs to work on his attack.

I don’t think you can ask much more of a player of Crofts limited abilities. You can’t help but wonder how that game looked if it was A Rey executing the game plan but perhaps the team doesn’t look as good if you swapped Crofts defence with Reynolds.

Defensively Croft was sensational. Needs to work on his attack.

Crofts attack was miles better than Milfords, he set his inside men up for some good runs and quick play the balls.

I've noticed Milford taking his 'run the ball' orders too seriously, and it actually kills momentum as he goes sideways more than direct at a gap.
Croft took on the line, and make opposition guess if he was going to run or pass. Crofts style gave us a lot of momentum gaining quick play the balls.

Milfords running game and godlike torpedo bombs are no longer good enough to cover his glaring deficiencies as a passer, defender and talker.

Really like the heart, skill and drive I saw from Croft and feel like he deserves a starting 17 spot.

I'm definitely wanting Croft over Milford but for all our dominance we did only score 12 points. Our attack does need to be better but we are hopefully moving in the right direction. Theres no way milf is anything more than a speedhump against the likes of kikau.

I'm definitely wanting Croft over Milford but for all our dominance we did only score 12 points. Our attack does need to be better but we are hopefully moving in the right direction. Theres no way milf is anything more than a speedhump against the likes of kikau.
To be fair, we were up against the best defensive team in the comp. Scoring 12 against them is a good result, not a bad one. They have averaged 5.2 points conceded before yesterday. Melbourne and the Raiders only managed to put 10 on them.

To be fair, we were up against the best defensive team in the comp. Scoring 12 against them is a good result, not a bad one. They have averaged 5.2 points conceded before yesterday. Melbourne and the Raiders only managed to put 10 on them.
and he wasn't the one dropping the ball either when we were inside their 20. still, the halves are responsible for the attack and we didn't do enough overall last night, but there's reasons to be hopeful moving forward.

and he wasn't the one dropping the ball either when we were inside their 20. still, the halves are responsible for the attack and we didn't do enough overall last night, but there's reasons to be hopeful moving forward.
We're definitely missing an elite half to ice games. Dearden honestly offered zero support, he was no threat. If you're going to be a first grade half, the other team needs to at least be worried when you have the ball.

He's still young though, and the halves combination while not amazing, is serviceable.

I do agree Dearden does need to be more involved. I watched him closely last night as I thought he might take a bit more control without Milf, but some sets he didn't even touch the ball once. I'm not sure if it's a confidence thing or what but if he wants to play NRL he has to get involved. Willing to cut him some slack for now as defensively he's very solid and willing and he's young. Keeps reminding me of what @1910 said about him in that he doesn't get involved enough and floats in and out too much.

I agree and disagree.

I think Milf is gone soon as his contract is up. Croft is young, and has potential.
If i had to pick between Milf on a million and croft on 400k, i know which one i would keep.
I'll just leave this here.
Its nice to be right from time to time, even if it is close to 2 years in the making ;)

I'll just leave this here.
Its nice to be right from time to time, even if it is close to 2 years in the making ;)
I wouldn’t leave it there too long. 1 passable performance doesn’t mean he’s proved all his doubters wrong just yet.

Oh, I think Croft did enough. He set both trys up. We win if a couple others chipped in and yes, Dearden amongst them. In fact, 12 points could have been enough to win. When we start winning I believe Deardens form will improve but I am apprehensive about our depth in the halves. We just don't have any and are an injury away from crisis. I'm thinking KHunt is cover , medical insurance.

Oh, I think Croft did enough. He set both trys up. We win if a couple others chipped in and yes, Dearden amongst them. In fact, 12 points could have been enough to win. When we start winning I believe Deardens form will improve but I am apprehensive about our depth in the halves. We just don't have any and are an injury away from crisis. I'm thinking KHunt is cover , medical insurance.
he also got caught with the ball a few times on the last and some of his kicks were pretty average. I'm not shitting on him I think he did alright, but again, room for improvement. also agree on Dearden.

I wonder how much of the attacking deficiencies came down to a new spine and absolutely nothing offering from either centre. Croft was really good but he was doing it all on his own. I think a month from now will be better as hopefully Croft and Dearden get to know each other better. At least having Farnworth back will give some strike and dependability in one of the centre spots.

I wonder how much of the attacking deficiencies came down to a new spine and absolutely nothing offering from either centre. Croft was really good but he was doing it all on his own. I think a month from now will be better as hopefully Croft and Dearden get to know each other better. At least having Farnworth back will give some strike and dependability in one of the centre spots.
Yeah that has to be close to the worst centre combination I've seen in NRL history. Kennar is barely first grade standard as a winger and Mead is way too small to be a centre.

If we had Staggs and Farnworth at centre yesterday, I think we win that game, but when you need to spread the ball to Kennar/Mead you're never going to get a result.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
  • LittleDavey
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.