Brodie Croft Discussion

It only took 15 rounds but we're back to the 6. Milford 7. Dearden pairing as of this weekend.

Has Croft played his last game of first grade in Australia?
Hope so, he’s a pretender.

So we’re where we should have been at the start of the season....

It only took 15 rounds but we're back to the 6. Milford 7. Dearden pairing as of this weekend.

doubtful ... it's not like Milford has even remotely cemented his position yet

doubtful ... it's not like Milford has even remotely cemented his position yet
I’m pisses at Milford for not being the player he has shown us he can be, but he’s still a shit load better then Croft.

Last edited:

What an inspired signing he was.

Tbf it was the only thing I gave pies a wrap for since he’s been here but it’s turned into an absolute dumpster fire.

Id see how a lot of these players perform under a better coach. I'm not convinced a player like a croft doesn't have more to offer than what we are seeing right now. He definitely is sub-par at the moment but he might work better under a new coach. I also think a lot of others might too. There are always players that get lost with a new coach imposing his style. Obviously that's not croft, but I think the likes of isaako and oates can be better. Croft nether the less looks like the type of player that would benefit with some clearer direction. You can't say he doesn't try, it's just he is no inept at almost every facet of his game right now (like a lot of others, he has had any self-confidence shredded).
Whatever is wrong with the playing group will probably need some wholesale changes anyway so I wouldn't be doing it piecemeal before a new coach takes over. If as they say the roster is split down the middle with infighting, there will definitely be a clear out.

Id see how a lot of these players perform under a better coach. I'm not convinced a player like a croft doesn't have more to offer than what we are seeing right now. He definitely is sub-par at the moment but he might work better under a new coach. I also think a lot of others might too. There are always players that get lost with a new coach imposing his style. Obviously that's not croft, but I think the likes of isaako and oates can be better. Croft nether the less looks like the type of player that would benefit with some clearer direction. You can't say he doesn't try, it's just he is no inept at almost every facet of his game right now (like a lot of others, he has had any self-confidence shredded).
Whatever is wrong with the playing group will probably need some wholesale changes anyway so I wouldn't be doing it piecemeal before a new coach takes over. If as they say the roster is split down the middle with infighting, there will definitely be a clear out.

He has already had a great coach and team around him at Melbourne and he got dropped for a fullback... I think we've seen enough of Croft to make a judgement.

I'd still leave it to the new coach. Players can find their way with a new coach (look at cook). I'm not saying that will happen, but with all the changes likely, I think it would better to have a major surgery of the roster than a thousand tiny cuts, second guessing what a new coach might want, before he gets the job. Let him make the call.

Even on his worst day, Milford is several degrees of magnitude better than Croft
On Milfords worst day he's literally invisible in attack, allowing at least two tries from the opposition in defense. Milford, more often than not is better than Croft but this is bullshit. Milford deserves no praise for being better than Brodie Croft sometimes.

I'd still leave it to the new coach. Players can find their way with a new coach (look at cook). I'm not saying that will happen, but with all the changes likely, I think it would better to have a major surgery of the roster than a thousand tiny cuts, second guessing what a new coach might want, before he gets the job. Let him make the call.
What's to say the new coach (Walters) hasn't already made the call? As if Pies is going to drop his pet project from afar lol.

If he has, so be it, but then it would still make sense to clean house once, than constantly disrupt morale. And if he is determined to be coach to the point of deciding the roster, then surely the only fair thing is to be upfront with siebold and the players. Immediately install the new coach and not repeat the disastrous shenanigans of siebold's appointment.

Last edited:
What's to say the new coach (Walters) hasn't already made the call? As if Pies is going to drop his pet project from afar lol.

He might actually feel more comfortable from afar, he doesn't have to face up to the fallback directly.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you might want to check who our Halves pairing was back in Round 12 when Cronulla rolled us.

He might actually feel more comfortable from afar, he doesn't have to face up to the fallback directly.
I'm still trying to work out if this is the first genuine tough call that current coaching has made... still time for an injury to reverse it or a start from the bench to disguise it.. Dearden made it almost impossible to drop himself and Croft has also made Milford look good, which was a challenge.

For whatever reason there has been a pathological aversion to drop senior players from this team, shuffling the deck being the preferred strategem, no flogging big enough to change that stance..

For whatever reason there has been a pathological aversion to drop senior players from this team, shuffling the deck being the preferred strategem, no flogging big enough to change that stance..
Unfortunately, the club has become a place where mediocrity is accepted. We no longer demand excellence. This is something that's happened even before Seibold arrived. It's almost as if we care too much about hurting the feelings of the players, so no one tells it to them straight. We avoid dropping players since we are worried it will result in them requesting a release.

Being dropped should be viewed by the players as a good thing. It's a part of learning and becoming a better player. It's an opportunity to improve an area of your game which may be lacking. But since players believe they are better than they actually are, they go crying to their managers about the coach not liking them.

Boy, this thread from last year had some forthright opinions concerning the merits of Croft😂

I reckon a few on here might think, ****, I could have been a tad harsh last August 😀😀

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • TimWhatley
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Wild Horse
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncos4life
  • Stix
  • kman
  • Broncosgirl
  • sooticus
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.