Brodie Croft Discussion

congratulations-now-do-it-again.jpg

One thing i do wonder about last night in terms of the halves is why, as the halfback, wasnt Croft doing that with Milf next to him in terms of taking over the last tackle options. This isnt a stick up for Milf post, i just dont get why when he is in the team its like we are instructed to run all our plays through him when Croft is capable of taking some of the pressure off Milford in terms of last tackle plays.

One thing i do wonder about last night in terms of the halves is why, as the halfback, wasnt Croft doing that with Milf next to him in terms of taking over the last tackle options. This isnt a stick up for Milf post, i just dont get why when he is in the team its like we are instructed to run all our plays through him when Croft is capable of taking some of the pressure off Milford in terms of last tackle plays.

could just be a mental thing ... He's the senior player, the marquee, the million dollar man. when he's there, he gets the ball. with him gone, that switch is flicked to Croft being the senior half and playing like it, taking the bulk of the responsibilities.

you used to see that a bit with Lockyer. his halves partners tended to divert the majority of the play making to him ... the difference being he could handle that responsibility and pressure, Milf can't

if that makes sense

could just be a mental thing ... He's the senior player, the marquee, the million dollar man. when he's there, he gets the ball. with him gone, that switch is flicked to Croft being the senior half and playing like it, taking the bulk of the responsibilities.

you used to see that a bit with Lockyer. his halves partners tended to divert the majority of the play making to him ... the difference being he could handle that responsibility and pressure, Milf can't

if that makes sense

Makes you wonder if Milf ever gets a shot again if it will just go back to giving him all the responsibility.

Makes you wonder if Milf ever gets a shot again if it will just go back to giving him all the responsibility.
That's why I don't think Milf could even be a benchie for us, as soon as he's on the field we would just revert to giving him the ball, whether it be out of habit, seniority or whatever else. Everyone needs a clean break in this scenario.

That's why I don't think Milf could even be a benchie for us, as soon as he's on the field we would just revert to giving him the ball, whether it be out of habit, seniority or whatever else. Everyone needs a clean break in this scenario.

You think the players and the coach would be strong enough to not let it happen. The only way they will every get anything out of Milf again is to stop him being the primary playmaker.

I swear Croft was brought to fucking do all of that shit and he never did and Milf gets reemed for not doing shit people dont want him doing anyway. Baffling.

I swear Croft was brought to fucking do all of that shit and he never did and Milf gets reemed for not doing shit people dont want him doing anyway. Baffling.

Seems like you have a major crush on Milf. Either way, he didn't do his job, be it control or run freely. That's on him. Players have bad seasons here and there, they don't just fall off a cliff into the abyss.

It might be that Croft when playing as a halfback has a job in mind but not a job he prefers. By this I mean he has to work at it. That feeling that it's not a position in which he feels most comfortable. A lot of us do stuff at work where we can look like a machine, you know when we're doing something on autopilot.

Croft might have preferred to be 5/8 and feels most comfortable there and having Milford doing that job and KWs directive that the 5/8 runs the show might have stifled Croft. I had wanted Croft to get a decent go at 5/8 but who knows, KW might drop him this week!

I always thought Croft was brought in as a stop gap. He's also a rookie and clearly no boundaries have been set on who's "in charge" until now. Kev was clear as a bell this was Croft's chance to organise and it worked. Asiata had some issues linking up with Dearden and Dearden missed some opportunies to link up with his outside men but that will improve.

I always thought Croft was brought in as a stop gap. He's also a rookie and clearly no boundaries have been set on who's "in charge" until now. Kev was clear as a bell this was Croft's chance to organise and it worked. Asiata had some issues linking up with Dearden and Dearden missed some opportunies to link up with his outside men but that will improve.
Media beat it up that Croft was the saviour but the club didn't pick him up for that. It was purely an opportunistic buy. A halfback with nrl experience in a good team ( I think Bellamy picked him for first grde 39 odd times) at a very affordable 300k pa. He was just a luxury but cheap buy to bolster stocks. Turned out pretty well hey !!! Well done Broncos management and Seeplod did something right.

Milf does nothing most of the time. Nobody expects much of him anymore.

Milf has been declining, but I just can't work out why it's always him that's chief playmaker.
I honestly think it's because he puts himself there despite being told otherwise. We all understand that it is him who runs himself into position to receive the ball for a kick and call for the ball. I honestly think it was Milfs ego that never allowed others to take those responsibilities from him, either that or he found his excuse for going missing, "I was setting up for my kick bro, thats why I couldn't provide support or do a play on the fourth".

I honestly think it's because he puts himself there despite being told otherwise. We all understand that it is him who runs himself into position to receive the ball for a kick and call for the ball. I honestly think it was Milfs ego that never allowed others to take those responsibilities from him, either that or he found his excuse for going missing, "I was setting up for my kick bro, thats why I couldn't provide support or do a play on the fourth".

I'm sure as a team if that was the case they would just end up ignoring him. I dont think he does put himself in the position tbh, i reckon its been pre planned and its been tactical, probably trying to give him more responsibility to try and get more out of him when with Milf, probably less would get more out of him. Curious to think why you think he has an ego? I dont know him personally but i've met him a few times and he's a pretty quiet sort of a bloke.

Best thing we can do right now i think is just encourage Croft to lead the team around. He isnt as poor as he has shown in his time here mostly, lets let him become the dominant half here then if Milf gets another opportunity let him just take a back seat.

I'm sure as a team if that was the case they would just end up ignoring him. I dont think he does put himself in the position tbh, i reckon its been pre planned and its been tactical, probably trying to give him more responsibility to try and get more out of him when with Milf, probably less would get more out of him. Curious to think why you think he has an ego? I dont know him personally but i've met him a few times and he's a pretty quiet sort of a bloke.

Best thing we can do right now i think is just encourage Croft to lead the team around. He isnt as poor as he has shown in his time here mostly, lets let him become the dominant half here then if Milf gets another opportunity let him just take a back seat.
If your in position for the kick you can't be ignored, you can be cut off by another play maker or over called but if your in the prime spot, your gettinfg the ball. Kev on multiple occasions said he wanted Milf running and Dearden or Croft to take control of the team. It was indicated that the game plan was not being followed. I think against the Titans he made a point of saying the simple game plan was not followed at all.

I wasn't saying he has an ego issue (cocky), we all have an ego and sometimes when you have been told for x amount of years you have to do something and improve ect you just naturally go there and it's hard to let go. It could be multiple things like maybe he felt like it was his way of adding value or like you said the coach still wanted him kicking for the same reason. I tend to think it was mix of things, safety net + didn't know what else to do.

For this reason, if Milf was to come back as a super sub 14, the break has to be long. Not coming back after 2 or 3 weeks off, it needs to be many weeks, to break the "mind habits"

Media beat it up that Croft was the saviour but the club didn't pick him up for that. It was purely an opportunistic buy. A halfback with nrl experience in a good team ( I think Bellamy picked him for first grde 39 odd times) at a very affordable 300k pa. He was just a luxury but cheap buy to bolster stocks. Turned out pretty well hey !!! Well done Broncos management and Seeplod did something right.
He's on $400+ now, was only $300 for the first year. I'm still not sold on him but am happy to see how both him and Dearden do over the next few games, I think Milford will be back especially if if gets some firm back in cup. It's on Croft and Dearden to put their best foot forward.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.