Brodie Croft Discussion

Croft's biggest problem is he doesn't, he can't think under pressure. He has no organisational nous at all. He simply reacts and all too often, badly. He can't handle any sort of pressure. He is absolutely the last thing we need at 5/8. I thought in the 1st half he was coming good. How wrong I was. When things go well, he is ok. He has no IQ when it comes to a kicking game. He is unable to kick for field position. It just doesn't occur to him. Maybe in a few years, preferably at another club, he might come good however I don't see he has what it takes.

This was a bad signing, especially given we had Dearden and Paix, or even Gamble. Makes me realise how much we miss Milford for all his shortcomings. At the very least, Milf can control a game with his kicking as he showed a few weeks ago.

In short, Croft is a dud, a fairweather player, exactly the last thing we needed.

The good thing is, Melbourne are chipping in for his wage this year and next. We're only paying 1 year of full freight at 400k, otherwise he's only on 300k.

We need to try to shop him and Milford in the off-season.

The good thing is, Melbourne are chipping in for his wage this year and next. We're only paying 1 year of full freight at 400k, otherwise he's only on 300k.

We need to try to shop him and Milford in the off-season.
In the meantime can we drop him.

In the meantime can we drop him.
Why though? May as well play him out the season hope he comes good so we can try to shop him off. It's not like we're getting anything from this write off anyway.

We love turning a half into a hooker. Maybe he could be a serviceable backup. God knows we keep getting injuries there.

We love turning a half into a hooker. Maybe he could be a serviceable backup. God knows we keep getting injuries there.
He can’t tackle for shit now
What makes you think he would make a hooker? They defend in the ruck

Getting cast aside by Melbourne so willingly (and delivered to us) should have been the first sign of trouble. He's trash.

I'll admit i was wrong about the croft signing. I thought dearden would take more time to be ready for consistent first grade and thought croft would be a decent pick up on the cheap (i did not support signing him beyond this year though as i thought we would have had time to see how dearden was going and extend croft later if it was determined that he was needed). I was wrong on both fronts.

Thankfully dearden is progressing.

Yeah, he is pure trash.
It begs the question though, why was Croft initially being developed by Bellamy to take over from Cooper Cronk? Surely, Craig saw something in him at the very beginning that had him fairly comfortable that he would make a suitable replacement. Is Bellamy that bad a judge of a players abilities that he wasted a few years developing him?

It begs the question though, why was Croft initially being developed by Bellamy to take over from Cooper Cronk? Surely, Craig saw something in him at the very beginning that had him fairly comfortable that he would make a suitable replacement. Is Bellamy that bad a judge of a players abilities that he wasted a few years developing him?
no is he is not. 2 games in 2020 he was good. Still shows glimpses just badly coached

Was it because Hughes just made the most of his opportunities and the storm made a choice to go with Hughes? Who knows but the storm are doing ok.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.