Brodie Croft Discussion

I was excited about his signing, thought he could have been the cog the team was missing.

No shame in admitting it was wrong and moving forward though, let him play out the year and then shuffle him into Qcup next year to server as a backup half, he certainly isn't up to standard of an NRL half. Dearden has a long ways to go but has already surpassed him, If Croft thinks he deserves a starting spot then he'll do us a favour and break his contract, win/win.

Even though Croft hasn't been good I think signing him was worth the gamble IMO, honestly we haven't really had to invest that much into him dollar wise and most of you seem to be expecting $1M dollar performance from a $400k half.

There are plenty of other players in this squad who have been much worse investments.

He can’t tackle for shit now
What makes you think he would make a hooker? They defend in the ruck

Thanks for the pointer. Wasn't aware.

Currently half our team can't make an effective tackle, but hopefully with a change in coaching and structure that will improve. Croft will likely never be a tackling machine but I think he could offer something as a change-of-pace bench hooker. Has a bit of a scoot in him and he has shown he can backup off an offload. He wouldn't be my first choice hooker or even necessarily my first choice backup - depending on who else is on the books and where they are playing - but he could do a job. At three hundred grand, you'd at least be getting some value from him.

Send him packing along with the bloke who signed him. Remember that big song and dance we went through to get this plodder **** me dead what a stitch up.

milf is 100 times better even when he’s out of form

Just saw the highlights and the bad miss on Bateman.. not good, but it looks like the team collectively dropped their heads also.

Was Croft running at least? If he offers a running game he could be a reasonable addition to Dearden, presumably that's stepping on Milford's role but at least one of them would be likely to be shopped around perhaps for next season.

Just saw the highlights and the bad miss on Bateman.. not good, but it looks like the team collectively dropped their heads also.

Was Croft running at least? If he offers a running game he could be a reasonable addition to Dearden, presumably that's stepping on Milford's role but at least one of them would be likely to be shopped around perhaps for next season.

Both are interim and probably looking to be shopped ASAP. Even if Milford improves out of sight next year there will be serious question marks over him staying. Ideally the club will make it publically known that he isnt in the plans for '22 and he does himself a favour and gets on the front foot looking for a new club.

Was it because Hughes just made the most of his opportunities and the storm made a choice to go with Hughes? Who knows but the storm are doing ok.

Hughes offered options beyond a halfback and he is really good under pressure. For mine, that swung it for Bellamy. Croft falls apart under pressure. Maybe he will get better however I don't think he was what we needed when we signed him: Dearden, Paix, Gamble, Milford and SOS even though injured were enough halves. I fail to see the logic in signing Croft

Last edited:
Send him packing along with the bloke who signed him. Remember that big song and dance we went through to get this plodder **** me dead what a stitch up.

milf is 100 times better even when he’s out of form
I agree - I might get shot on here for it but I still think Milf is an xfactor and still has it. I want to see more Dearden and Milf play together. I think there is some potential right there.

strange timing, last night was his first reasonable game for us. Still miles worse than Dearden but he was the closest to NRL quality he's been all year.

It begs the question though, why was Croft initially being developed by Bellamy to take over from Cooper Cronk? Surely, Craig saw something in him at the very beginning that had him fairly comfortable that he would make a suitable replacement. Is Bellamy that bad a judge of a players abilities that he wasted a few years developing him?
Not at all, but he’s not perfect and made a mistake. A mistake he rectified by giving him to us.

Not at all, but he’s not perfect and made a mistake. A mistake he rectified by giving him to us.
Reminds me of my 2yo twins. When my girl twin wanted something her brother had she’d go and grab a shiney toy he liked and waved it around pretending she loved it. He would put down the toy she really wanted and grab the one she didn’t’, so then she’d swoop in on the good toy and laugh in his face all the way to the bank.

Bellamy did this to seibold with Croft and now he’s gonna swoop in on Dearden or something.

Last edited:
I agree - I might get shot on here for it but I still think Milf is an xfactor and still has it. I want to see more Dearden and Milf play together. I think there is some potential right there.

Agree totally.......Dearden seems to be showing early signs he wants to steer the ship around. If he can give Milford whatever room Milford needs to be Milford, good things will come. If both are fit....I can't see Croft making the 17.

Good ol coach will put Crofty and Milly back together again when he returns, you just know it.

Can't see Croft ever returning to the 7. That is Dearden's now. He owns it. Not even Seibold is that dumb.

I agree Croft isn't in great form but I most definitely am not off him. I still think he's two years away from having the maturity to have a complete arsenal of weapons. I would make sure his shoulder is fully repaired/rehabbed and tell him I have total faith that he is still in an ascendant process. By the time he's 25 he will be going very well.

Not so much at the moment but he's not solely responsible for this miserable team (nor is DB)

Was ordinary in a great team and is pathetic in a bad one. I always thought it would end in tears and to sign him to a 3yr contract was stupidity.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Culhwch
  • bert_lifts
  • Painin the Haas
  • Spooky1013
  • Financeguy
  • Cavalo
  • BRC088
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • azza.79
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.