Bronco Ben Hannant signs three-year-deal with Bulldogs

Jebadude said:
The way I see it is that he was a pretty handy type at Rugby, so why would he retire at 27?? He would've been getting paid OK, more than enough to keep playing rather than retiring because he wants a new challenge. Heart not in it!!!!

He has been released a year before is contract was up for a break from rugby apparently. More likely than anything he will head to Europe.

This was just speculation Jeb, we can dream can't we? [icon_wink

Haha, Collins is one of the best flankers in the world. I think he could really dominate in league.

He is great friends with Gordie if I am not mistaken and a massive Broncos fan but a bit out of our price range retired or not.

Im disappointed but I expected to lose him. I also expected to lose Ennis and Staggy.

Gee we are going to struggle up front in the next year or 2.

Taylor is a must now.

We must look at buying an experienced front rower now, for the future. It will help the likes of Taylor, Kenny and co develop.

Josh McGuire in the U20s is capable of the step up though I believe. Issak Ah Mau is there about as well, we also have Palmer Wapau still dont we?

Theres a bit of potential around waiting to be used I guess

Bummer that Hannant is going but if it's going to mean that Taylor has a genuine chance at a starting berth that might be the kick up the arse he needs, it's not a tragedy.

Gutted about the Hannant loss. IMO he was one that we simply had to tie down, but I guess what will be will be. He'll leave a big hole up front, it's time for some others to really step up imo.

No idea who this Jerry bloke was, so googled and:

r176827_674068.jpg

[icon_pray. [icon_evillaugh

I could've handle him going to the Dragons, but going to "bred not bought" Bulldogs sucks. They obviously gave him a LOT of coin eh.

Oh well, good on him looking after his family.

for all those looking to develop Kenny, hes going on 26 and was only ever there as a fill in....... hes been playing solid but hes not the answer imo...... mobile forwards are the future of the game and Kenny is just too one dimensional.... I think the Broncos must have alot of faith in what they see in the U20's if we dont sign anyone..... because Hannant, Tunza and Ennis leaving is going to leave a big gap in our pack.....

sydney_bronco09 said:
guys, i live in sydney and dont get to see or hear much of the broncos juniors. Is there anyone with half decent potential coming through in the fowards department?

Issak Ah Mau is a good front-rower who will get a shot for the Baby Broncos.

Spud said:
sydney_bronco09 said:
guys, i live in sydney and dont get to see or hear much of the broncos juniors. Is there anyone with half decent potential coming through in the fowards department?

He goes okay, but a little concerning for mine that he's been around in the lower grades for quite some time.

mick! said:
Spud said:
[quote="sydney_bronco09":26f5crls]guys, i live in sydney and dont get to see or hear much of the broncos juniors. Is there anyone with half decent potential coming through in the fowards department?

He goes okay, but a little concerning for mine that he's been around in the lower grades for quite some time.[/quote:26f5crls]
He was pretty rubbish in the televised QCup game on Saturday. [icon_non

doordan23 said:
No idea who this Jerry bloke was, so googled and:

The Nrl should be looking at getting players like Jerry from rugby, it will show rugby and the AFL that leage is here to stay, and we wont be bullied around.

Imagine these kick returns
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=-jX5bMUXX ... re=related

Haha, let us dream.

Jerry Collins was/ is awesome, definately be a great addition to the broncos team if he was as damaging as he was for the all blacks!!

Interesting to read that WB suggested to Hannant that he engage player manager George Mimis to look after his contract deal rather than look after it himself like he has in the past (ala Webcke) eusa_think

mick! said:
Spud said:
[quote="sydney_bronco09":21xlgn5k]guys, i live in sydney and dont get to see or hear much of the broncos juniors. Is there anyone with half decent potential coming through in the fowards department?

He goes okay, but a little concerning for mine that he's been around in the lower grades for quite some time.[/quote:21xlgn5k]

No worries mate. Who cares? That's where our depth lies! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Folau to prop, Jerry to prop, and Bennet to the Dragons

Problem solved !

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.