Bronco Ben Hannant signs three-year-deal with Bulldogs

Beads6 said:
Alec said:
We should be trying to keep our players before we start signing others...

thanks Captain Obvious!!

I was responding to people who were saying that we need to sign Ben Teo.

well heres one good thing... one less bronco to lose during origin next year

What about that young prop that played against the sharks, forgot his name but he was looking good.

Bound to happen, it really sucks because he really mature this year and last under WB and looked a potential test front rower. He is obviously a very smart cookie, manages himself and has the sense to hold out til after Origin selection for offers. Good luck to him, I assume we offered substantially less due to our constraints and he had a very simple decision to make due to the flawed beast that is the salary cap.

draggx said:
well heres one good thing... one less bronco to lose during origin next year

If selectors do as they always have then they will simply select the form prop from the Broncos that replaces him. I am sick of our middle of the road players getting rep jerseys, but it always happens and always will and our club continues to suffer from it.

rnabokov said:
Kaz said:
I think Ennis is gone.

Dogs will sign him, my bet within a week.

Have the Dogs got any money left?

when has that ever stopped the dogs :P

this sucks

Alec said:
We can't drop him. We are still a good chance of winning the premiership this year - IMO it's between us, Roosters and Melbourne so far. We've beaten the Roosters already, and Melbourne has been kinda struggling lately, so this is the best chance of winning the comp we've had in years IMO. And Hannant would have to be an important part of our team if we were to win this.

what like in the 1 season since we last won? [icon_shru

I am devastated we are losing Hannant. For me he should always have been our priority signing. But I guess we just couldn't compete with the the dogs money. As the man himself said on the news: the Salary Cap means clubs can't always show loyalty to players and vice versa.

The only way we can get over this go sign Jerry Collins, he has just retired from rugby and wants a new challenge, plus he is a big Bronco fan.
For those of you who dont know him, he makes Roy Asotasi look tiny.
Hopefully Tallis can mention something.

I don't buy this bagging of the salary cap. NRL has always had a salary cap.

Hannant has done an Asotasi. He has sold his potnetial to the highest bidde4r, forgetting about things such as quality of life.

Money isn't everything, and Hannant will undoubtedly learn this in the next few seasons. Ask big Roy if he enjoys his footy with Souths.

Hammo said:
I don't buy this bagging of the salary cap. NRL has always had a salary cap.

Hannant has done an Asotasi. He has sold his potnetial to the highest bidde4r, forgetting about things such as quality of life.

Money isn't everything, and Hannant will undoubtedly learn this in the next few seasons. Ask big Roy if he enjoys his footy with Souths.

I think moving to St George under WB is a little different to moving to Souths under Langmack or whoever they had at the time. Also I bag the cap because it should be higher or the good sides get punished too heavily for improving players and they end up going overseas or elsewhere because we couldn't compete. They need to trim down the NRL's numbers and increase the cap or the game will slowly rot.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I think moving to St George under WB is a little different to moving to Souths under Langmack or whoever they had at the time.

Except he's going to the Bulldogs.

But do agree the salary cap seems to punish clubs for actually developing players

Flutterby said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
I think moving to St George under WB is a little different to moving to Souths under Langmack or whoever they had at the time.

Except he's going to the Bulldogs.

But do agree the salary cap seems to punish clubs for actually developing players

[icon_lol1. Man I am good! There is still a big difference going to the Dogs than to Souths [icon_lol1.

Hammo said:
Alec said:
We can't drop him. We are still a good chance of winning the premiership this year - IMO it's between us, Roosters and Melbourne so far. We've beaten the Roosters already, and Melbourne has been kinda struggling lately, so this is the best chance of winning the comp we've had in years IMO. And Hannant would have to be an important part of our team if we were to win this.

what like in the 1 season since we last won? [icon_shru

What? I'm just saying we have a better directed and a more quality squad this year since like 2000 or 2001, while a lot of the opposition sides have been dissapoiting. So if we ignore the fact that we won in 06, this year should be our most likely one of winning IMO.

If he was going to Saints it would make sense.....going to a disfunctional club does not.

Money talks.

I am a bit upset that he is leaving, but more p!ssed off that he said he wouldn't leave the Gold Coast.

But good luck to him, but he isn't worth the amount of money that they are saying he signed for.

ah I am over it who gives a stuff that Benny Hannant has signed with the dogs.. Most of us went crazy when Petro signed with the Panthers but look at the Broncos now they are better than ever. We will be fine next year we have a great squad and with young players coming through we will still be one of the teams to beat.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.