Bronco Ben Hannant signs three-year-deal with Bulldogs

S

Smithdom

BRL Player
Mar 18, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

THE Bulldogs have produced another signing coup by securing Queensland State of Origin prop Ben Hannant on a three-year deal.
Hannant has been in sensational form for Brisbane this year culminating in his debut Origin selection, but has agreed to return to Sydney to link with the Bulldogs until the end of 2011.

The 23-year-old made his debut at the Sydney Roosters in 2005 before joining the Broncos and winning a premiership with Brisbane in 2006.

The Bulldogs targeted Hannant after the recent departure of quality front rowers Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley and Nate Myles in recent years.

"This is a really significant signing for us, Ben is a high class prop and an important part of our plans for the future," said club chief executive Todd Greenberg.

"We've been really specific in our desire to recruit players who are an asset to the club by the way they carry themselves on and off the field and Ben certainly fits that requirement.

"Signing players of his calibre is a great vote of confidence in the direction the Bulldogs are heading."

Hannant is the third profile player to sign with the Bulldogs following Dragons centre Josh Morris and Cronulla halfback Brett Kimmorley.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!

That really shits me... so much!

From a Roosters bench/reserve grader to Origin player, and this is the shit he pulls. What happened to the "Never move from Gold Coast" - Loss of respect!

just read it. what a shame. will probably live to regret this.

Thats the problem with signing players from other teams, they have no loyalty, and will leave as soon as more money is thrown at them. Big loss

no big loss if you ask me, he was in great form first 3 rds and since then has been pretty ordinary..... he will head to the dogs, get fatter, play 20mins a game and kiss his rep career goodbye...... must have got a pretty decent offer...... hes not worth more than 220k......

i recon its a huge loss, i mean we have clinto who is shit enough and kenny who doesnt do anything flash. besides that there is david taylor who is inconistent so if you ask me we have lost the next webcke.

Where was Bennet, Webcke and the likes getting in his ear about club loyalty etc.. !!!

ennis sure has to be a priority now? or maybe even an up and coming front rower from somewhere?

i said i didnt think he was worth more than 220, if the dogs paid 300+ they paid overs big time......

mal said:
Where was Bennet, Webcke and the likes getting in his ear about club loyalty etc.. !!!

After he left the roosters, what makes you think he has loyalty?

If that's what they signed him for, then they can have him. Sure, he may prove to be worth that in a years time, but what if you pay him over his value and he turns out to have played his best footy? Not worth the risk for that much money IMO.

Dave Taylor, it's time to step up and become a regular first grader.

I'm guessing the club will announce Ennis has re-signed soon enough now...surely there's no excuses or reasons now to not sign him up.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • peter09
  • TimWhatley
  • lynx000
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Kev_Guz
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • broncoscope
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Tim K
  • Fozz
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.