Bronco Ben Hannant signs three-year-deal with Bulldogs

Not going to blame the club for this.

If Ben has $350,000 thrown in his face after a season of good form and 1 Origin to his name then he'd be barking mad (pardon the pun) not to take it. And it'd be highly irresponsible of the club to even consider competing with it. Ben's a fantastic prop, but he not anywhere near a 350K prop. Webcke and Civoniceva weren't even on that kind of money IIRC.

I'm as dissapointed in this loss as anyone, but its not all bad. This provides relief to our other contract negotiations and may provide the catalyst for the club to look at considering keeping Ennis.

However I do worry slightly for our front row stocks next year. Kenny, Taylor and Clinton all have great potential and all offer something different. They simply have to keep improving or we'll be vulnerbale up front next year.

Yep, and the Dragons have offered more than Wests Tigers. Heighington wants to stay but wants Tigers to up their offer first.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Not going to blame the club for this.

If Ben has $350,000 thrown in his face after a season of good form and 1 Origin to his name then he'd be barking mad (pardon the pun) not to take it. And it'd be highly irresponsible of the club to even consider competing with it. Ben's a fantastic prop, but he not anywhere near a 350K prop. Webcke and Civoniceva weren't even on that kind of money IIRC.

I'm as dissapointed in this loss as anyone, but its not all bad. This provides relief to our other contract negotiations and may provide the catalyst for the club to look at considering keeping Ennis.

However I do worry slightly for our front row stocks next year. Kenny, Taylor and Clinton all have great potential and all offer something different. They simply have to keep improving or we'll be vulnerbale up front next year.

mind u we said we would be vunerable up fron this yeat not so long ago remember guys?

coxy, r we hunting down any fowards for next year?

Dirty bloody Bulldogs! Can't produce talent of their own.

Did Benny wonder WHY players are leaving the club in droves? The place is an absolute shit hole, a total mess.

Bennett should drop this clown to reserve grade. What a traitorous bastard!

Well this news sucks, looks like the Broncos are going to have a better backline than forward pack for the first time in years next season. Hopefully we can at least keep Ennis now.

2a9bp6b.jpg

Wow, that's absolutely terrible. Didn't we give him a chance back when he was stuck playing reserve grade? And now he screws us over, even when he was a priority. Hopefully they'll go after Ennis now though.

I honestly dont believe that the club could have offered him even 2/3rds of the what the dogs did after what we signed Israel Folau for and the amount of guys coming off contract.

Lets not forget that even though Hannant said he didnt want to leave the coast, he also said he was going to do what was best for his family.

Losing Hannant sux badly but something had to give. Signing Isreal, not to mention Wallace is now due for a good upgrade after playing state of origin, the media reports of us being under cap pressure obviously had some substance. I believe Ennis will still be forced out aswell.

We'll be okay up front, we always are planning long-term irrespective of our losses to other clubs. The Broncs will still keep producing good players although the chance to play for the Broncos (and to be nutured by Wayne Bennett) won't be the strong attraction it was.

Alec said:
Wow, that's absolutely terrible. Didn't we give him a chance back when he was stuck playing reserve grade? And now he screws us over, even when he was a priority. Hopefully they'll go after Ennis now though.

Could be the reason why Ennis has rumoured to put his contract negotiations on hold with the Dogs.. now maybe the Broncos can afford him he will sign.

Alec said:

Mate, priority signing for the Broncos probably means they offered, say $220K or $250K. He got offered $100K more to go to the Bulldogs! He'd be MAD not to take it.

This is going to happen more and more now.

Wow I didn't see that one coming. Clearly WB's fault ay Stu?

just excuse me while i pick me jaw up off the floor..

i'm so dissapointed i can't say anything

FFFFFFFFaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Not good news, wonder if WB will drop him like he did Hodgo a few years back !!!

Taylor needs to step up before we extend him beyond 2009, currently has 2nd season blues.

And what about him saying he wouldn't leave the Gold Coast.

Writes Hannant's name in the list of players to hate. [icon_evillaugh

Hope the Dogs are caught cheating the cap & it's Hannant's fault. [icon_razz1

wayne should do a hodgo on hannant and drop him to qld cup for rest of season, no loyalty what so ever.. now i feel filthy for letting go of civo..

Active Now

• Big Del
  • The Strapper
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • Manofoneway
  • Shane Tronc
  • something
  • Sproj
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.