Bronco Ben Hannant signs three-year-deal with Bulldogs

Will be a great decision if SBW walks won't it Benny, and his post match interview last night gave every indication SBW wanted out big time. Dogs will have Kimmorley at half next year haha

Hammo said:
I don't buy this bagging of the salary cap. NRL has always had a salary cap.

Hannant has done an Asotasi. He has sold his potnetial to the highest bidde4r, forgetting about things such as quality of life.

Money isn't everything, and Hannant will undoubtedly learn this in the next few seasons. Ask big Roy if he enjoys his footy with Souths.

Exactly. Bulldogs aren't exactly the best team going around, and Hannant will find that money isn't everything.

He may have even compromised his rep career. When a team goes shit, no one tends to notice the players in that team.

What I can't stand is when they crap on about how family is important. Hannant said he would like to stay on the Gold Coast. Just hate being fed bullshit.

So he is only 22 and so far he has been with the Rooters, Broncos and now the Bulldogs as of next year. Looks like he will replace Kimmorley as the NRLs new journey man.

If Hannant keeps playing like he is, he will regain get representative honours. Nate Myles did it when he was a Dog, why can't Hannant. Besides, the Bulldogs are inking some good players, who's to say they won't be a force next year. People said the same thing about the Panthers and Tigers in the years they won the competition.

This sucks.

I really thought Hannant would stay in Brisbane regardless of the $$.

This is kinda a bad sign for what's going on culturally at the club.

subsbligh said:
This is kinda a bad sign for what's going on culturally at the club.

At the risk of having Coxy's "merry-go-round" virus, let me say once again....with 4 QLD teams (we all know the Storm are QLD) there will be very few Broncos who spend their whole career at the club in the coming years. Other than Hunt and Parker, how many can you think of?

I don't believe there's a culture problem at the Broncos, but this signing isn't a surprise. I'm much more concerned about how long contract talks drag on in general, and it's high time Bruno and Co get the things signed or cancelled so the season can move on.

This is the clubs fault for letting WB go, although it was probably always a ticking time bomb with him. Still we could have had WB at the club for another 3-4 years.

doordan23 said:
The only way we can get over this go sign Jerry Collins, he has just retired from rugby and wants a new challenge, plus he is a big Bronco fan.
For those of you who dont know him, he makes Roy Asotasi look tiny.
Hopefully Tallis can mention something.
That is an awsome idea, BRUNO CULLEN this is a fantastic idea.

This sucks. Why did Hannant have to leave the Broncos? :( He was going great guns for us and I thought maybe it should be a bit of a "payback" to stay with us for a few more years.

He signed with the Bulldogs, of all clubs.

I'll get over it...someday.

Quite gutted but I was sort of expecting to lose him anyway. We can't retain all of our great players. We have to look at this positively...this opens up a spot for Taylor to be in the side permanently _woohoo_ Now we just need Taylor to stay beyond 09 [icon_pray.

Webcke said:
doordan23 said:
The only way we can get over this go sign Jerry Collins, he has just retired from rugby and wants a new challenge, plus he is a big Bronco fan.

Jerry Collins is a gun and I'd love to see him play for us but I doubt we have the cash to bring him here.

the bulldogs must be fielding two teams next season :) with the amount of players they are signing....

On Hannant, its not that bad. We have enough in our current stock to handle the loss of hannant IMO. when you think of players like Thiaday, Kenny, Taylor all capable of playing in the 8 or 10 and Clinton who is more the traditional prop. We have a swag of back rowers as well in Stagg, Parker, Sims, Eastwood and the three i mentioned above.

There is also some good forwards in the toyota cup team which i have watched a couple of games of late, they are pretty skillfull too. So i feel we are in a great position for the future.

Its not all doom and gloom!

Scotty said:
Quite gutted but I was sort of expecting to lose him anyway. We can't retain all of our great players. We have to look at this positively...this opens up a spot for Taylor to be in the side permanently _woohoo_ Now we just need Taylor to stay beyond 09 [icon_pray.

Webcke said:
doordan23 said:

Jerry Collins is a gun and I'd love to see him play for us but I doubt we have the cash to bring him here.

how old is Jerry Collins?

guys, i live in sydney and dont get to see or hear much of the broncos juniors. Is there anyone with half decent potential coming through in the fowards department?

sydney_bronco09 said:
guys, i live in sydney and dont get to see or hear much of the broncos juniors. Is there anyone with half decent potential coming through in the fowards department?

There is always potential coming through. Whether they live up to potential is another story. It's often tough to tell with forwards. The one that star as juniors often burn out or stop growing.

Scotty said:

Webcke said:
doordan23 said:

Shouldn't that be we don't have the cash to waste on bringing him here? He's retired FFS!!!!!!

Jebadude said:
Scotty said:

Webcke said:
doordan23 said:

Shouldn't that be we don't have the cash to waste on bringing him here? He's retired FFS!!!!!!

...he's only 27

The way I see it is that he was a pretty handy type at Rugby, so why would he retire at 27?? He would've been getting paid OK, more than enough to keep playing rather than retiring because he wants a new challenge. Heart not in it!!!!

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.