NEWS Bronco Captaincy Contenders

As soon as we make TPJ captain he’s a shoe in for a blues gernsey. Even if only for one game so the feeble-minded Sydney centric can crow about having the Broncos captain playing for NSW.

TPJ was rallying the troops in the huddles and barking orders to players. Looked like a real captain. I mean we went on to lose a game we should have won so maybe he barked the wrong orders but it was still good to see.
It's better then seeing your own captain and the older heads of the team down after conceding yet another soft try and having to have a youngster like O'Sullivan when he was still here at one stage during a match against Manly trying to fire the side up.

TPJ was rallying the troops in the huddles and barking orders to players. Looked like a real captain. I mean we went on to lose a game we should have won so maybe he barked the wrong orders but it was still good to see.

No amount of sprays from Tevita is ever going to make Milford not a lazy prick.

it would be some remarkable turn around for TPJ at this club ... going from on the verge of being sacked to captain in less than 12 months
Could you imagine if he really took this opportunity and basically became our obvious captain choice

We have been screaming for leadership and our experienced players to turn up for the past 2-3 seasons and from out of nowhere TPJ turns up and could be a Tallis like captain.

I know some people on here were calling for it over the last year or so, so kudos to those who suggested him, but he has shown a real maturity this year, improving his consistency and still pulling off amazing plays to change momentum.

He has always claimed to love being a Bronco despite rumour mills running wild.

It would be amazing if by the end of the year he was pretty much the obvious candidate for captain and inked a new deal on the back of it.

I can just imagine Kent rambling on now, “What’s going on up there? First they want to sack him and six months later he’s the captain”. Which is all the more reason to do it.

Easily one of the highlights of Saturday night lol. He was off-screen the whole time, but it must have gone something like this:

Ref: "Who's the captain?"
TPJ: "Pat Carrigan."
Ref: "He's off at the moment, so who is it while he's off?"
TPJ: "...me?"
Ref: "Right, come here then."
*TPJ jogs in and is now the captain*

Easily one of the highlights of Saturday night lol. He was off-screen the whole time, but it must have gone something like this:

Ref: "Who's the captain?"
TPJ: "Pat Carrigan."
Ref: "He's off at the moment, so who is it while he's off?"
TPJ: "...me?"
Ref: "Right, come here then."
*TPJ jogs in and is now the captain*
TPJ addressing the team in the sheds after the match:
Giphy 10

Give it to Gamble, he's already the most influential player on the team. When he talks, they listen.

Nah, it's got to be Kennedy 😲

Oldest guy in the team and you know they all look UP to him!!!😳

That's true, though for me I think TPJ presents the opportunity to have a captain who is more passionate then the recent choices(no disrespect to Carrigan or younger players who have been thrown into the role almost by no choice). Glenn and Boyd failed to lead by example be it through their words or their actions, TPJ for me presents an opportunity for someone who has hunger to lead by example through his actions and that can be infectious. Little things like how he saved two certain tries from being scored, big hits in defence and taking the ball up add up.
Yeah exactly, someone who leads out on the field with passion and his performances... not some political or business choice to keep sponsors happy

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.