NEWS Bronco Captaincy Contenders

I'm of the belief that your captain has to be at bare the minimum one of the best players on the team(to lay a standard), so for me it has to be either TPJ, Haas or Herbie.

Weirdly enough, I'd go Corey Oates. Wingers suprisingly would make more sense these days to develop and hammer club values into long term, because no club is going to over pay for them.

Twitch Quote GIF by Hyper RPG

Wingers are too far from the action/ref.
Yeah I know that, which is why most clubs wouldn't think of it. But if you think of it from Tackle 1, they either the catch the kick, or take the 2nd hit-up most of the time. It's a later problem though.

Because it sounds like it's Turpin for now, so congratulations and good luck to him.

Weirdly enough, I'd go Corey Oates. Wingers suprisingly would make more sense these days to develop and hammer club values into long term, because no club is going to over pay for them.
Can’t pick a bloke who had been dropped not even a month ago

Can’t pick a bloke who had been dropped not even a month ago
Yeah it's not Oates right now. I'm over that and fully behind Turpin for this match. I hope he does well.

But long term if they picked a teenaged kid now and developed him as a winger and to become captain to succeed Carrigan. They can get back for the kick quickly enough, they could get infield enough to be heard for a penalty, split up a melee or if the ref wanted them.

Yeah it's not Oates right now. I'm over that and fully behind Turpin for this match. I hope he does well.

But long term if they picked a teenaged kid now and developed him as a winger and to become captain to succeed Carrigan. They can get back for the kick quickly enough, they could get infield enough to be heard for a penalty, split up a melee or if the ref wanted them.
I’m not even 100% sold on Turpin being in the team, so definitely not in love with captaincy talk.

Should be Tevita

I’m not even 100% sold on Turpin being in the team, so definitely not in love with captaincy talk.

Should be Tevita
Honestly I agree with you on Turpin. If Milford's defence wasn't so half assed I would of tried him at 9 before now. Especially with 3 man tackles and 2nd phase play. He would always find space to run into. TPJ is not a bad choice for captain either. I did say Oates, but that was more for his experience overall.

But we have to support the team we have for now. And hope they can do the job.

I think we all knew it would be Turpin. He led the team out in Darwin. Haas and TPJ have been too naughty this year, despite being the best on field week in, week out.

Walters:

“Jake is so consistent for us. ‘Turps’ plays big minutes every week and defensively there are very few errors. He leads with his actions. He has been in our top four players this season. He tidies up around rucks and does all the little things like kick pressure, so he does lead by example and is one guy who is suited to the captaincy.”

“We’re giving Tom Flegler his shot to start. I thought Tommy was very good last week, it was his best performance of the season. He made some good runs, so I want to reward him with a starting spot.”

Herbie Farnworth:

“Turps will be great as captain. He is always leading with his effort so he would be a good captain for sure.”

Xavier is a big player to lose, but we have managed to keep ‘Tones’ and we have kept Riki as well, so they are two good signings for the club. It‘s a bit frustrating to lose Coates, but players come and go, it’s the way sport is.”

McHunt

Active Now

• Tmac
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Foordy
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.