Broncoman's State of Origin thread of hope and despair

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Paul Gallen lifting the shield is easily going to go down as one of my favorite Origin and Rugby League memories. Totally deserving Wally Lewis medal winner his leadership was superb and was an inspiration to all.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Would have been better if he didn't copy Lockyers 2006 speech

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Paul Gallen lifting the shield is easily going to go down as one of my favorite Origin and Rugby League memories. Totally deserving Wally Lewis medal winner his leadership was superb and was an inspiration to all.

If I had one of these ...I would use it on you.

tumblr_l98s3wpuBh1qddjb4o1_500.gif

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Yeah, must have been quite enjoyable to lift the shield after that drubbing, especially turnstile Reynolds!

This series is what science calls a statistical anomaly, and that's it will be known as in history.

ROFL at Gallen as player of the series... I guess they had to give the prize to a NSW'ker, although I'm pretty sure they meant "Whiner of the series".

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Have to agree, Porthoz. It's a strange series. Queensland lost the series despite scoring more points than the Blues. I think it's proven that Queensland's future isn't as bleak as what was first thought and NSW future isn't as bright. All it took was one broken arm to decide the result in the end.

Next year will be interesting.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Agree....I have no doubts that if Cronk doesn't break his arm in Game 1, we'd be celebrating 9 yrs in a row.

QLD showed last night that they are obviously the superior football team.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
They played superbly last night but it still took them 70+ minutes to put the game out of reach despite dominating territorially and possession wise the entire game. As I said in the Game 3 thread I thought the score was unfair on the Blues in the end as it didn't reflect how hard the Maroons had to work in the end and the effort NSW showed.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Paul Gallen lifting the shield is easily going to go down as one of my favorite Origin and Rugby League memories.

You don't have many origin memories.

It will be the only time Gallen lifts the shield.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
They played superbly last night but it still took them 70+ minutes to put the game out of reach despite dominating territorially and possession wise the entire game. As I said in the Game 3 thread I thought the score was unfair on the Blues in the end as it didn't reflect how hard the Maroons had to work in the end and the effort NSW showed.

QLD were toying with NSW.

No niggle, no win for The Blues.

Last edited:
CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013

I agree to a point but think the scoreline still flattered the Blues. I thought the Guerra no-try was a try and the Dugan try was a no-try. Disgraceful video refereeing.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I agree to a point but think the scoreline still flattered the Bl ues. I thought the Guerra no-try was a try and the Dugan try was a no-try. Disgraceful video refereeing.

The had to give Dugan the try. The man had a major injury.

JOSH Morris busted knee. Brett Morris dislocated shoulder. Cooper Cronk fractured arm. Josh Dugan broken fingernail.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/sta...982468445?nk=9b32255fbb42d319422490d014ed0017

Photo is in the link, it can't be copied here.

Dugan doesn't have any pain barriers. lol

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Photo is in the link, it can't be copied here.

Can't be or not allowed to be?

I don't want to get in trouble.

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
[SPOILERS]
dugansbooboo_zpsa8daa843.jpg
[/SPOILERS]

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It can be posted, just for future's sake be considerate and use
tags which can be located in the Go Advanced window.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Jedhead
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Swordfish
  • Lozza
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.