OPINION Broncos ‘Set to’ Win Cobbo's Signature. Badel warning.

Folks here told me once he got to Melbourne Victoria with it`s wealth of AFL coaches he would fix his bomb catching quick smart .
They seem to forget we have an AFL team in Brisbane who taught Milf to kick ? Why couldn`t the same coaches teach Xavier to catch ?
Because that shit can`t be taught . Either you have soft hands or you don`t . Not sumpin you learn in your 20s . Nah it should be locked in during teen years .

It absolutely can be taught, it just comes naturally for some players. Melbourne have been using AFL coaches for years and it's been successful.

Herbie has said money isn't the motivating factor for him. He wants to play finals footy and wants to be at a club that will help him become a better player.

Can't say I'm worried about losing him or Cobbo. But we're going to lose someone.

Herbie has said money isn't the motivating factor for him. He wants to play finals footy and wants to be at a club that will help him become a better player.

Can't say I'm worried about losing him or Cobbo. But we're going to lose someone.
Dolphins should be out of the equation then for Herbie as they don't even have a spine yet and he should see how much better this team is now and we'll be playing finals very soon.
Cobbo I'm not a single bit worried about loosing, Herbie on the other hand I think he's a just as important as Cobbo in keeping. My biggest worry with Herbie is his interview with Joey saying he wants to play fullback.

Dolphins should be out of the equation then for Herbie as they don't even have a spine yet and he should see how much better this team is now and we'll be playing finals very soon.
Cobbo I'm not a single bit worried about loosing, Herbie on the other hand I think he's a just as important as Cobbo in keeping. My biggest worry with Herbie is his interview with Joey saying he wants to play fullback.
Give him a run at fullback while TMM is out and then if he isn’t great just shift him back to centre as soon as he re-signs..

It absolutely can be taught, it just comes naturally for some players. Melbourne have been using AFL coaches for years and it's been successful.

If and when it happens I will acknowledge that statement .

I believe it can be taught too . As a primary schooler . Not as an adult .
He`s been practising that move , how many years do you reckon ? 5 ? 10 ? more ? still can`t catch . I don`t see it improving .

Who has turned from a fumbler in to a speccy high ball taker at Melbourne under their AFL coaches ? Just refresh my memory ?

Eye hand co ordination is a gift . I don`t believe Xavier is going to improve .

He`s been practising that move , how many years do you reckon ? 5 ? 10 ? more ? still can`t catch . I don`t see it improving .

Who has turned from a fumbler in to a speccy high ball taker at Melbourne under their AFL coaches ? Just refresh my memory ?

Don't have to look too far, look at Oates. He's always been good for a drop, although easily better than Coates at catching a Crossfield kick.

Boyd, always safe as houses.

Turbo, always been good for the odd drop.

I could make 50 examples, there's players who just have a knack for it, and then there's the dick fingers. I honestly don't recall anyone who graduated from dick fingers to safe.

Oates has got a lot better but it's not his catching, it's actually his positioning is better to catch, that's good coaching.

Even simple shit like running upright, Coates is exactly the same and still gets dragged back multiple times a game. I genuinely cannot name one area he's improved at, 6 months in at the Storm.

Just waiting for the titans, dogs, warriors, rorters, or knights to throw millions at him.

It’s the same fucking story every year when it comes to one of our jrs and insane hype; it doesn’t happen to any other club on nearly the same level.
We need to start fabricating dummy guns.
Talk up blokes like Turpin when they are brand new and have had barely any game time.
Leak to the press just how fucking good Turpin is, and how he is the future of the Broncos and the next Wally Lewis.
Watch the million dollar offers from the Titans, Rorters and Storm roll in for Turpin while our real guns fly under the radar as rookies.

Sun Tzu these poaching motherfuckers.

Harvard disagrees with you. To say it's a skill you can't learn as an adult is just simply not factual.

WTf? Hand eye coordination is a skill that he honed, not a gift.

Harvard disagrees with you. To say it's a skill you can't learn as an adult is just simply not factual.

Like I said if / when he improves I will give him his due and refrain from saying such things .
There are plenty of capable AFL coaches in Brisbane is part of my original point . Bellamy won`t be kicking cross field bombs for him to practice . :rofl

Honed sure .
Still depends on the tool box you were born with as to how much it can be fine tuned .
Spot on - physical attributes count - like DTaylor having a mit big enough to grip a ball around the middle. Practice bloody helps though.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Sproj
  • Bongo
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Dony Eliakim
  • LittleDavey
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.