OPINION Broncos ‘Set to’ Win Cobbo's Signature. Badel warning.

Probably best for you to not read them then. I am sure we could all lists things on this forum that we have no interest in or even hate, most people will just ignore it and read something else.
It’s a thread about Cobbo’s future and there’s pages of back and forth about Badel’s journalistic standards. I could ignore it or maybe staff could moderate threads to stay on topic. Perhaps create a Badel or NRL journalist thread to discuss so those who want to read about Cobbo don’t have dig through pages of circular arguments.

Probably best for forum staff not be passive aggressive to financially contributing board members for providing feedback.

What would be a conflicting opinion, no club wants Cobbo- who the hell would say that?

Tas- 14 clubs have rung me
Man at pub- no clubs have rung he's a liar.
FFS can the pair of you get a room, take it to PM or just shut up, it is becoming as boring as bat shit reading you both waffling on about a journo's story.

Probably best for forum staff not be passive aggressive to financially contributing board members for providing feedback.

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

This thread still going?

Has Cobbo signed yet?

These journo's have done exactly what they intended.
They have us all talking about the stories they put out, regardless of their credibility.
Kudos Badel you sly fox.

so Fox Sports (from the DT) report the deal will be 700k per year from us.

although the report has basically just taken the 900k "offers" from rivals reporting and subtracted the 200k "sacrifice" reporting to come up with the 700k per season figure

so Fox Sports (from the DT) report the deal will be 700k per year from us.

although the report has basically just taken the 900k "offers" from rivals reporting and subtracted the 200k "sacrifice" reporting to come up with the 700k per season figure
As long as the plan is to move him to fullback I'm happy with that, but hopefully it's more than a 1 year extension if he's getting that money next year.

As long as the plan is to move him to fullback I'm happy with that, but hopefully it's more than a 1 year extension if he's getting that money next year.

report is 700k until the end of 2024.

I personally don't want him to move to fullback, IMO he is best as a centre or winger.

Obviously, I hope you are right because I want him at the Broncs forever but Bennett has shown a tendency to overspend on big name players and Cobbo has very wuickly become a big name player.

That will depend on if they can fill their roster in time(that said 900k is ridiculous imo), it's nearly approaching mid season and they haven't made a huge spine signing yet the longer this goes on the less bargaining power they have and more desperate they will have to be.

Remember due to the RLPA they HAVE to spend the vast majority of their cap and if players they want are not available they will be forced to overspend on others.

They will still be fairly sensible about things and who they sign. I'm still fairly sure they are going to make their really big moves for 2024. They will just fill their squad with players who can just do the job for 2023 mostly i reckon with some promising young players added like Katoa for example. I'm expecting a fair few one year deals.

FFS can the pair of you get a room, take it to PM or just shut up, it is becoming as boring as bat shit reading you both waffling on about a journo's story.
We'd need to agree upon payment for the room 1st...

I personally don't want him to move to fullback, IMO he is best as a centre or winger.
If that's 350k a year for the next 2 years that's terrific. Then he can earn the big money on his next contract when he's not a winger.

I thought that until this round. The bloke has started doing the freakish things he was doing in cup that made him unstoppable. Only thing I want him to do is add a bit of a pass to his game and obviously he needs that defensive element which he should be working with TMM and Boyd to wrap his head around. In saying all this he is a wing for the rest of the year it is a pre season job for mine and TMM should keep his job for the moment.

Shit, that will be another four pages of argument at this rate. **** it, I will pay for you and 1910 to get it on.
I've probably done worse. Complimentary wine on entry though mate, we will need it

But why would a 19 year old kid go to a club that’s gonna lose for the rest of time to get a year or 2 under Wayne. The Wayne factor isn’t working cause you don’t get Wayne for very long. For mine Money ain’t gonna do shit for him and he knows that. He has to be in a good system and realistically apart from the Chooks anyone who is offering him a deal isn’t a great system. Chooks don’t really have the money or the Fullback position to give to Selwyn as Sualli is the heir to Tedesco’s throne there and would leave the second he isn’t.
Maybe - but Chooks and Storm aren’t going that good at the minute. Broncs and Cows are. Times change. Kevin, Ben and David appear to be working. Titans fucked as well - how’s David feeling…. Gordon and Mal nurturing him as they said they would ?

Bullshit - sucked in.

Best thing that happened to us in the end - David taking the big money and moving on, what an example to use for our youngsters coming through. Honestly feel sorry for David though and what he appears to be going through. Don’t be surprised if he’s back sooner than you think. Yes he has a contract but Titans may well want out as much as he might.

Maybe - but Chooks and Storm aren’t going that good at the minute. Broncs and Cows are. Times change. Kevin, Ben and David appear to be working. Titans fucked as well - how’s David feeling…. Gordon and Mal nurturing him as they said they would ?

Bullshit - sucked in.

Best thing that happened to us in the end - David taking the big money and moving on, what an example to use for our youngsters coming through. Honestly feel sorry for David though and what he appears to be going through. Don’t be surprised if he’s back sooner than you think. Yes he has a contract but Titans may well want out as much as he might.
I agree totally, i also think it was excellent timing that we started our winning streak when Haas was out of the side due to suspension (or injury, cant remember).
It was proof we can win without him, and that his managements requests for a million a season were insane.
Same with Fifita, sure he is a weapon of a player, but he wont win you games like a good spine player will.

Also, i cracked a huge fat at the Storm losing this weekend and all i could think was "suck shit Coates you traitorous merkin".

Yep. At this point the journo is not doing any actual journalism, they're acting as a mouthpiece for another scum manager who does not have the player's best interest at heart, and just wants to bank maximum commission.

I'm sure all the journos do it so they keep in their good books so when a real scoop comes along they get thrown a bone. But it's just another mechanism for the player managers to rape the game, get ridiculous contracts for unproven players, and ultimately hurt long term development & retention by clubs who just poach for maximum dollar.
At the end of the day they all have back pockets.

I agree totally, i also think it was excellent timing that we started our winning streak when Haas was out of the side due to suspension (or injury, cant remember).
It was proof we can win without him, and that his managements requests for a million a season were insane.
Same with Fifita, sure he is a weapon of a player, but he wont win you games like a good spine player will.

Also, i cracked a huge fat at the Storm losing this weekend and all i could think was "suck shit Coates you traitorous merkin".
Yes. Saw Xavier coming in later in the game to allow Cows to score a try. Appears they haven’t changed his most negative attribUte.

Their problem.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • cento
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.