OPINION Broncos ‘Set to’ Win Cobbo's Signature. Badel warning.

Yeah cuz they do their negotiating with journos, not experienced agents with access to more information than all fans and journos.
Just like Fifita huh, im sure the press around that played zero part in those negotiations /eyeroll

It's interesting you single out Newscorp for dishonesty.

If you want to tear apart journalist sloppiness, the centre left media has very little concern for accuracy if they can slip in a political jab. Take this example I read this morning, in the SMH masquerading as science. It buries some thoroughly incoherent thoughts based around a couple of preprints about who might more susceptible to covid in this lede about an ex president, who has nothing whatsover to do with the story:

"Until a week ago, when my family and I dropped like flies, I thought I might just be one of *those* people: the unicorns referred to as “never COVID people”, who test negative despite having been exposed to the virus. Are these people paragons of health? Have they been listening to Trump and other Ivermectin-promoting types and been taking their daily dose of horse wormer?"​

Did Trump ever spruik Ivermectin? Of course not. He founded the Warp Speed project that accelerated the rollout of Messenger RNA vaccines, and he, himself, took Monoclonal Antibodies as a treatment. As for Ivermectin being a "horse wormer." No, it's also comes in human dosages. But "horse wormer" works better for ridicule, and this side of politics sneers down at the other side for being dumb. It's their thing.

But no one cares about partisan historical revisionism when the picture you're painting is the one you'd prefer to hang on your wall.

Now I'm not defending Newcorp as a bastion of truth. Good luck finding that in any media. But don't kid yourself Fairfax is any better. In my observation it's worse across the board.

Um ok I guess. Not quite sure what.just.happened but....Broncoshq is here for you mate.

Just like Fifita huh, im sure the press around that played zero part in those negotiations /eyeroll

Yeah I'm sure the Titans mentioned it in the meetings.

"Well we saw Badel said Broncos wanna pay 1m, so we will pay 1.2m. Please send this to Buzz before you decide"

"Well we saw Badel said Broncos wanna pay 1m, so we will pay 1.2m. Please send this to Buzz before you decide"

Broncos recruitment and retention team: "Hey we were going to lock up Cobbs on a more than fair contract that was fair compensation for his current standing in the game but Badel says his 'value', which isn't wage expectation mind you because journalists don't use words as they are intended, is double what we are offering. Deadset guys, we better up our offer to match the figures old Pete put out there...anyone got Paul White's number still?"

You really don't think all the pressure of media scrutiny plays a part in any of it?
Even Haas told his manager to lay off all the contract talk because of media pressure.
You don't think player managers use the media to drum up interest in their clients?

I dunno, if i was a player manager i wouldn't hesitate to leak "offers from clubs" to drive up the price.

I mean, you all seem pretty happy Ikin is here, but was he really any different when it comes to the media in his time on NRL 360? Pretty sure he had dozens upon dozens of chats with Badel about Broncos rumors and news.

Anyway apparently if you don't mind player news around here you are a fuckwit, so i will just shut my mouth from here on out.

The reason for this Cobbo $2 million deal article was so they could then write the Farnworth meeting with the Dolphins article allowing them to claim that we will be under salary cap pressure thanks to the Cobbo $2 million deal.

Anyway apparently if you don't mind player news around here you are a fuckwit, so i will just shut my mouth from here on out.

Just so we are clear, I don't think anyone has a problem with NEWS. What we have a problem with is PURE SPECULATION masquerading as news. This is Badel's forte.

He has just as much access to the team / coaching staff as anyone else, why does he have to make stuff up?

Like as an example, would you NOT have read the article or been excited if he DIDN'T make up figures? So why do it?

Just so we are clear, I don't think anyone has a problem with NEWS. What we have a problem with is PURE SPECULATION masquerading as news. This is Badel's forte.

He has just as much access to the team / coaching staff as anyone else, why does he have to make stuff up?

Like as an example, would you NOT have read the article or been excited if he DIDN'T make up figures? So why do it?
ITS THE MEDIA.
Its part of ALL SPORT.

Without it, we get nothing, no info at all, right or wrong.
We dont know who these Journo's are talking to.
It could be Cobbo's family or friends, the janitor at Red Hill, who the **** knows.
Sometimes the rumor-mill is valid, other-times its completely off.

The reason for this Cobbo $2 million deal article was so they could then write the Farnworth meeting with the Dolphins article allowing them to claim that we will be under salary cap pressure thanks to the Cobbo $2 million deal.
Cant be, the media has no impact on contract talks don't you know.

Never said they did.

Just said Badel made up shit in one article, so he could then use that BS as justification for the contents of his second article.
It's kind of how they say absurd shit in commentary (Ennis X player is amazing jizz jizz) then run an article on it, then discuss that article on NRL 360. It's a circle jerk where there isn't any real content, just regurgitating their own made up shit.

I repeat, Badel is a turd.

In a perfect world, we would do that.

But it's not a perfect world. Other clubs aren't going to be understanding. They will throw money at him to try and poach him.

We have to be aggressive and lock him up before they can.
This is how we got into salary cap trouble the last few years - "quick lock up the promising youngster on a big contract before somebody else does" - Selwyn is definitely looking the goods but I don't think he's worth a career contract yet. He's 19 and has played 16 games - he's definitely worth an upgrade but if somebody wants to pay stupid money for him that will throw that cap out of balance then let him go.
That figure will be totally made up but also, remember he is projecting to be our long term fullback and if so, that is average-ish spine money (again this figure is totally made up).
I agree to a point - but he isn't our fullback yet. Pay him winger money and throw some incentives in there to encourage him to keep growing as a player. We can't pay him spine money until he's actually in the spine.

He will re-sign, he loves the club but this is a nothing article with a bit of fiction laced throughout to get fans offside. I am pretty sure it had the opposite result of its intention. Shame really but the blame falls at the feet of the journo, no one else.

He will re-sign, he loves the club but this is a nothing article with a bit of fiction laced throughout to get fans offside. I am pretty sure it had the opposite result of its intention. Shame really but the blame falls at the feet of the journo, no one else.
I blame Jason Ryles.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • The True King
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.