OPINION Broncos ‘Set to’ Win Cobbo's Signature. Badel warning.

I can say for fact, 1 trillion percent Roosters want him. The issue has always been long term their cap with JWH. I posted to this weeks back and my sauce is solid. They have 500k free currently and have not sorted Crighton. If JWH retires, they are able to afford Haas & Crighton.

This is a timed, deliberate and concocted play by Haas. Past half way point in the season means his wage is half paid and they are hoping the roosters pick up the rest.
How are they picking up the $800k and $850k in subsequent years??

Oh easy:

Keary - Possibly sacked due to (insert indiscretion here)
Walker - 500k and going down
JWH - Won't be there, it will just be interesting to see how
Manu - 400k and a free lunch once a week at the pub
Crichton - Gone and of course freeing up 2.4 million
Smith - 200k and a lifetime supply of donuts
Tedesco - Taking a pay cut to fit Haas and Fifita in
Radley - 100k and a bonus trip to Chicago once a year
Suaali - On a player option so salary doesn't count
Everyone else - base wage

Oh easy:

Keary - Possibly sacked due to (insert indiscretion here)
Walker - 500k and going down
JWH - Won't be there, it will just be interesting to see how
Manu - 400k and a free lunch once a week at the pub
Crichton - Gone and of course freeing up 2.4 million
Smith - 200k and a lifetime supply of donuts
Tedesco - Taking a pay cut to fit Haas and Fifita in
Radley - 100k and a bonus trip to Chicago once a year
Suaali - On a player option so salary doesn't count
Everyone else - base wage

....well, the "powdered sugar" anyway.

I hope this Hass stuff doesn't screw up our dealings with Cobbo. Wasn't there a report that Cobbo was willing to give up $200k to stay loyal? I wonder if all this drama will impact that type of thinking.

I hope this Hass stuff doesn't screw up our dealings with Cobbo. Wasn't there a report that Cobbo was willing to give up $200k to stay loyal? I wonder if all this drama will impact that type of thinking.
I get the feeling the Cobbo deal is already done or in the very final stages

Bronx just need to get it done without everyone else getting involved. Why is it anytime we have a decent player there are 7000 clubs trying to sign them, but everyone else just retains their players.
It's mainly the Poosters - they only ever develop 1-2 of their own players every 10 years or so. Right now that only have Radley for example that was a Poosters junior.

Cobbo isn't going anywhere.

I've lost track of Selwyn in the last week or so. This is all still a rumour, right?

This one hasn't aged well either:

Hooper's article on Fox doesn't make any sense, he claims the Roosters salary cap is tight for 2023 and than just throws in at the end that the Roosters thought they had Cobbo over the line to join them next year. He is under contract next year and is not available until 2024. So are the Roosters again trying to make players break contracts early. Why is this just a throw away line ? if Hooper heard this why is no journalism taking place? Why are questions not being put to the NRL ? Why is the Roosters salary cap not being put under the microscope? I am sick to death of this club ruining the game, players are just a deck of cards to be shuffled and the salary cap that is imposed on others allows these dick heads to get away with it.

Hooper's article on Fox doesn't make any sense, he claims the Roosters salary cap is tight for 2023 and than just throws in at the end that the Roosters thought they had Cobbo over the line to join them next year. He is under contract next year and is not available until 2024. So are the Roosters again trying to make players break contracts early. Why is this just a throw away line ? if Hooper heard this why is no journalism taking place? Why are questions not being put to the NRL ? Why is the Roosters salary cap not being put under the microscope? I am sick to death of this club ruining the game, players are just a deck of cards to be shuffled and the salary cap that is imposed on others allows these dick heads to get away with it.
Hooper is a gossip columnist, not a journalist.

If any other reporter said that I would be also be wondering why the NRL aren't investigating but it is Hooper so it is more than likely he is just making it up and is too lazy to even check to see that he is contracted to us next year.

Player worn indigenous jerseys are up for auction on the Broncos Website.
Selwyn Cobbos jersey $820 currently with close to a month left on the auction.
Closest to him is Staggs on $680

This kid is going to put bums on seats for years and years to come, every kid will want to be Selwyn Cobbo he's the future and the face of this club for many years to come.
If the deal isn't done get it done Ikin and DD.

Badel/Meyn don't name the club.

they just say it is a 5 year $4.5 million offer. they say Cobbo is prepared to sacrifice $2 million to stay loyal tor us as we gave himn his big break.

the article also claims that Nike and Asics are also fighting over his signature. Asics are an apparel supplier to the Broncos and are hoping their sponsorship arrangement can help secure the signature of the Cherbourg flyer.

they say that it is "understood" that Cobbo plans to stick with Nike, appreciative of the fact that they supplied him with free boots when he was an unknown with Wynnum

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Battler
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.